Ross Admit Taking Questions

My profile in brief: 770 / 4 Yrs by Matriculation (Supply Chain for Power Industry) / Good ECs / Reapplicant after interview from last year / Based in New Delhi Anybody want to get in touch for a round of drinks in Delhi? Cheers …

My profile in brief:

770 / 4 Yrs by Matriculation (Supply Chain for Power Industry) / Good ECs / Reapplicant after interview from last year / Based in New Delhi

Anybody want to get in touch for a round of drinks in Delhi?

Cheers

P.S. They couldn't reach me so sent me a mail instead. No schol as of yet.

Details later but you can send me your questions, if any.

Great profile Kunal. Contrats. I applied for r2. I submitted on d-day at 1:30 pm est but time for r2 was 12.30pm est (i think). Now am confused whether my application would be considered for r2 or not. What is your take on this?

Great profile Kunal. Congrats. I applied for r2. I submitted on d-day at 1:30 pm est but time for r2 was 12.30pm est (i think). Now am confused whether my application would be considered for r2 or not. What is your take on this?

Dear Babu

Thanks.
B-schools are usually pretty flexible on such matters. Ross is pretty cool too but I would suggest that you call them up, tell them that your computer crashed and apologies sincerely.

Cheers and ATB for the results.

Kunal

Kunal, Congrats on the admit!! Would like to know what changed from last year and what steps did you take that positively affected the outcome this year.

R2 Ross applicant

Kunal, Congrats on the admit!! Would like to know what changed from last year and what steps did you take that positively affected the outcome this year.

R2 Ross applicant

Vital,

I wasn't given any feedback from Ross last year. However, I was fortunate to get feedbacks from Chicago GSB and Kellogg.
Both the schools were very encouraging in their feedback in that they did not see any red flags in my application. They however wanted specifics on my teamwork and leadership skills. Kellogg also said that they actually compared my profile with another guy from project management experience of 5 years and I came up short.

At work therefore I volunteered for extra responsibilities and was nominated for a huge jump in responsibilities in our new project. This thus showed a huge jump in my resume as well. Also when GSB asked for a clearer link between my present and the short term goal, I was ready with my new voluntary responsibility that involved similar work. (Btw I am waitlisted at GSB)

I then applied the same feedback to my Ross application this year. Of course I continued my ECs too

Strengthened my recommendations too since I had seen them last year and had taken a view from b-shool alumni.

I guess all this worked :)

Cheers and ATB

Hope this helps

Congratulations Kunal!

It will be great if you could throw some light on the application flow for Ross. I applied by the R2 deadline and received an e-mail saying that my application has reached Ross. How much time does it normally take from here on to see a meaningful status of application?

Will appreciate any help in this regard.

Vital,

I wasn't given any feedback from Ross last year. However, I was fortunate to get feedbacks from Chicago GSB and Kellogg.
Both the schools were very encouraging in their feedback in that they did not see any red flags in my application. They however wanted specifics on my teamwork and leadership skills. Kellogg also said that they actually compared my profile with another guy from project management experience of 5 years and I came up short.

At work therefore I volunteered for extra responsibilities and was nominated for a huge jump in responsibilities in our new project. This thus showed a huge jump in my resume as well. Also when GSB asked for a clearer link between my present and the short term goal, I was ready with my new voluntary responsibility that involved similar work. (Btw I am waitlisted at GSB)

I then applied the same feedback to my Ross application this year. Of course I continued my ECs too

Strengthened my recommendations too since I had seen them last year and had taken a view from b-shool alumni.

I guess all this worked :)

Cheers and ATB

Hope this helps
Congratulations Kunal!

It will be great if you could throw some light on the application flow for Ross. I applied by the R2 deadline and received an e-mail saying that my application has reached Ross. How much time does it normally take from here on to see a meaningful status of application?

Will appreciate any help in this regard.

Hi GFTK

I would say you needn't worry about that.
I think I got an interview invite about 5 weeks after I submitted my application (about a day before the deadline). But I never checked my status or stuff.
In fact I think I never even got a mail from Ross saying that my application was received or sorts.
So chillax. let things run on the natural clock. You will get there!

Cheers and ATB

Kunal

Hi Kunal

Congratulations on the admit. I am an R2 applicant to Ross. Applied on the last day, as usual. However, I heard that Ross extended the deadline by 3 days to Jan 6. Anxiously waiting.

I see that you are open to meeting personally. Which part of Delhi are you based? I'm at Noida, so I thought of meeting you personally. I heard a few dings myself this time, so I would want to better my application the next time.

Aditya

I see that you are open to meeting personally. Which part of Delhi are you based? I'm at Noida, so I thought of meeting you personally. I heard a few dings myself this time, so I would want to better my application the next time.
Aditya

Thanks Aditya
I wouldn't give up so early. Dings are hard to take in. I can tell that from my previous experience but you still have applications in and under review.

I work in Gurgaon but live in Malviya Nagar. The problem is, I am hardly at home except maybe on Sundays when I too tired for anything. I am sure you understand.

Give me some time if you can and we can meet up in February?

All the best

Kunal

That shouldn't be any issue. How long does it take a school to give you feedback. I wrote to them but haven't heard anything yet.

apellore Says
That shouldn't be any issue. How long does it take a school to give you feedback. I wrote to them but haven't heard anything yet.

Feedbacks from whom?
Ross gives feedbacks in May to a selective group. We have no control over that part.

Chicago stopped giving feedbacks from this year.
Wharton is a lottery for a few hours in which you have to call up to fix the meeting (sometime in May).
and so on and so forth

But the thumbrule is "summer"

Hi Kunal A big round of applause for your success! A Michigan Alumni now .. hmm Well, I am applying to some of the b-schools(not the top 10). Would like to meet you over a cup of tea.. Good luck for your future.. Goel.

hiteshgoel Says
Hi Kunal A big round of applause for your success! A Michigan Alumni now .. hmm Well, I am applying to some of the b-schools(not the top 10). Would like to meet you over a cup of tea.. Good luck for your future.. Goel.

Hi Hitesh

Of course. Let me know when's a suitable time for you

Cheers and ATB

Thanks a lot for your concern. I will communicate the appropariate time to you. Byee

Hi Kunal,

Have you heard anything from Ross on the schol front?

Hi Hitesh

Of course. Let me know when's a suitable time for you

Cheers and ATB
Hi Kunal,

Have you heard anything from Ross on the schol front?

I just got a mail from the ZLI that said that I have been selected to apply for entrepreneur scholarship worth $ 10K in the first year and $ 5K in the second. I have to apply by 18th February.

Nothing other than that. However i think atleast one person from MBA1 reported that he got his schol letter with the admit package.

I am yet to receive my packet. Did you receive it yet?

Cheers

Congrats Kunal! I have applied in R2, anxiously waiting for any update from Ross.

I just got a mail from the ZLI that said that I have been selected to apply for entrepreneur scholarship worth $ 10K in the first year and $ 5K in the second. I have to apply by 18th February.

Nothing other than that. However i think atleast one person from MBA1 reported that he got his schol letter with the admit package.

I am yet to receive my packet. Did you receive it yet?

Cheers

Hi Everybody

After a rather longish hiatus I am trying to get back to PG. I have meanwhile resigned at work, started up my consulting partnership (bagged our first client and learnt all over again how to use MS Excel!! ) and started my prep to move to Uni of Chicago. However having said that, this time around, I do not want to move under the radar completely so have a few suggestions:

1. Please put up your questions on the forum itself cause that works for in two ways - I am constantly reminded of a pending job and it helps others get a perspective too. messages in private really take much longer on an average for me to reply to.
  1. I would appreciate if you guys have some basic research in place since I am perennially running short on time...
Cheers and all the best

Kunal
Hi Everybody
After a rather longish hiatus I am trying to get back to PG.

Welcome back! your re-entry into the Pagal world couldn't have come at a better time :)

..... started up my consulting partnership (bagged our first client and learnt all over again how to use MS Excel!! )..
consulting partnership??!! 😲 moi curious...

Btw did you get any schols from Ross? Also in an earlier post, you mentioned the school feedback was looking for a direct link... as a career-changer, how does one show a 'direct link' between short-term goals and past experience?