Ross 2011 Aspirants

I was rather surprised that this year not much activity is there for Ross Michigan. I am an R2 applicant 720/5/ 4 years of work exp in IT and consulting. Please do post if you are an applicant or have previously applied in R1:cheerio:

I was rather surprised that this year not much activity is there for Ross Michigan.
I am an R2 applicant 720/5/ 4 years of work exp in IT and consulting.

Please do post if you are an applicant or have previously applied in R1:cheerio:

Hi gamer,

I am an R2 applicant as well, 740, 5.0/3 yrs of exp in consulting and 1 yr of exp in IT

yet to start with the application :|

I noticed that Ross has an awfully less % of international applicants - 28% whereas most other schools have at least 40, and the class size of ross is slightly on the lower side as well - ~500.

Is there an alumn on the forum who could help us out in approaching the application? That would be very very helpful!

Merci 😃

hey rajiv,
Can you let us know abt ur profile , scores and background.
thx

rajivm82 Says
I have a typical profile - Indian IT male - 4 years work ex (India and US); B.E. from a not so well known college in India; GMAT 680; Average Extra-Curriculars.

Tats a commendable effort. Your essays must have been mindblowing. Great job. I am a CA applying to Ross in this week. Hope luck shines this time after the Columbia ding. My GMAT is 770 and am working with KPMG in the financial services space.

Regards
Prashant
rajivm82 Says
I have a typical profile - Indian IT male - 4 years work ex (India and US); B.E. from a not so well known college in India; GMAT 680; Average Extra-Curriculars.

Kudos to you!!

What do you think stood out in your application? And what do you think Ross typically looks for in a candidate?

Applying in R2.

Profile in brief :
GMAT : 750 / 5
WE : 4.5 years in IT
EC: Decent

Btw. while sending the reco request, what did you select for "Do you waive the right to view the recommendation?"
Actually I'm trying to understand the implication of the choice i make, apart from viewing / not viewing the recommendations. Any idea ?

I am still working on my essays to apply for Round 2. How did you guys answer the 1st essay of 100 words?

Applying in R2.

Profile in brief :
GMAT : 750 / 5
WE : 4.5 years in IT
EC: Decent

Btw. while sending the reco request, what did you select for "Do you waive the right to view the recommendation?"
Actually I'm trying to understand the implication of the choice i make, apart from viewing / not viewing the recommendations. Any idea ?

I did waived my right. I dnt think there is any other implication , u just wont be able to see what reco was gven if you get selected
Sniper2 Says
I am still working on my essays to apply for Round 2. How did you guys answer the 1st essay of 100 words?

Even i m stuck with it , very tricky little question :s

Hi Guys,

Kindly add me to the list of Ross R2 applicants !!

Brief profile:
710/5.0
4.5 workex in semiconductor industry...

Is there anybody from Blore here ???

Hi Guys,

Kindly add me to the list of Ross R2 applicants !!

Brief profile:
710/5.0
4.5 workex in semiconductor industry...

Is there anybody from Blore here ???

Hi Puys,

I am in for R2 as well.

My profile
3 yrs in IT services
Gmat - 780 (50,47)
Engineering - Mumbai Univ
ECs decent

I know its a stretch with my work ex, but its my top choice, so giving it a shot.

Hi All,

Applying in R2.

GMAT: 750/4.5, 5 yrs exp in semiconductor industry, IIT:9+ GPA, Decent Extra-curricular

Has anyone attended information session of Ross?

Submitted the app last night. Oh, what a rush! Now starts the waiting phase for the coveted call.

Submitted R2

Hi Puys,

I am in for R2 as well.

My profile
3 yrs in IT services
Gmat - 780 (50,47)
Engineering - Mumbai Univ
ECs decent

I know its a stretch with my work ex, but its my top choice, so giving it a shot.

Are you the Accenture guy who attended the Ross cafe chat in Mumbai at Bandra?
You have a strong profile. Good Luck!

What other schools did you apply to?

-Bhavya (MBA '09 Chicago Booth)

Applied in R2. No further activity here? When do we expect iv calls now?

Folks,

Do not forget to follow Soojin's blog on the Ross website. She lists out the dates when they send the i/v invites. They are probably done in 2 batches.
Good luck!

Guys count me in too for R2.

GMAT 750/5.5(Q49,V44)
Work EX: 2.2 yrs-Sales
Acads: Good
ECS:Good

Its a dream category school considering my qty of work ex. but banking on the quality.

ATB everyone!:cheerio: