ROSS 2008 Aspirants

Hi Guys, Time to start a new thread for all the 2008 aspirants. I have applied by the R1 deadline. My profile : GMAT: 690/AWA5 WorkEx:4yrs of IT by fall 2008 ExtraCurric’s: Loads of them Under Graduate School: One of the best …

Hi Guys,

Time to start a new thread for all the 2008 aspirants. I have applied by the R1 deadline.

My profile :

GMAT: 690/AWA5
WorkEx:4yrs of IT by fall 2008
ExtraCurric's: Loads of them
Under Graduate School: One of the best in India

I have not got any call from the school yet. Guys do hop in and keep posting the latest developments..

Hi there!
Thanks for starting the thread. Lets wait and see when the interview invites start coming in. Its been almost a month since I submitted my application.

Kind regards
M.R.
:snipersm:

Hi Guys,

Time to start a new thread for all the 2008 aspirants. I have applied by the R1 deadline.

My profile :

GMAT: 690/AWA5
ExtraCurric's: Loads of them
Under Graduate School: One of the best in India

I have not got any call from the school yet. Guys do hop in and keep posting the latest developments..

I am in too.
Submitted the app on the last day

Lets see what happens
GMAT: 750/AWA4
ExtraCurric's: Avg
Lets see whether I come across ROSS interviewer or not

Hi Guys,

I am applying to ROSS in R2.
Just started with my application now.
Any tips from the folks who have applied in R1 are welcome.

My Profile:

GMAT 780/ AWA (4.5)
Work-Ex 3 years by Fall 08.
Acads: Good
Extra-Curriculars: Good.

hi guys...count me in...i m apping in r2

GMAT 720..awa 5/6
work ex 3 yrs by fall 2k8--fmcg industry
btech IITD

ATB to everybody...can anybody throw some light on the kind of profiles tht make it..

also i dont have any community service ot international work-ex..

thanks
@

Tossing in my hat too. I applied for R1.

GMAT 720 / 5.5 AWA
7+ yrs in IT by Aug 08

I attended Ross Information Session in Bangalore last month. Very much impressed. A few alums turned up and all of them were very helpful. And they promptly responds to the mails.

Last yr Ross took quiet a few Indians. Expecting more of it this time. But comparing other peer schools like Duke and Darden, the numbers are not very impressive. Anyway, to consider the profiles of Indians I interacted with, most of them have 680-740 GMAT, 4 - 10 yrs exp (varies, IT guys have comparitively less exp., finance and marketing guys have more). Well. thats pretty much the usual Indian profile you will come across.

I'm apping too though for R2

710 /6.0
3yrs by the time i enter
Extra-Currics: Bad
Acads: Lousy
Varied Work-ex: IT and Start-ups

Advice on essays would be much appreciated

Me too applying for R2.

720/4
7 yrs in IT (2 yrs. intl)
Acads: avg.
Extra curri: good.

Please let me know if there is a template for transcripts.

Me too applying for R2.

720/4
7 yrs in IT (2 yrs. intl)
Acads: avg.
Extra curri: good.

Please let me know if there is a template for transcripts.

Get them scanned and put all those scanned images in a word doc and upload it.
IIMs_d_aim Says
Get them scanned and put all those scanned images in a word doc and upload it.

Also write to them and confirm that will that be fine? I did it because i presumed that in the end what they require is my marks. So that seemed the easiest thing to do. And anyhow they will eventually ask for a certified copy of transcripts.

Ross R1 interview invites have started coming in since yesterday......All the best people....

ankush_infy Says
Ross R1 interview invites have started coming in since yesterday......All the best people....

Any idea, till when will they keep sending the interview invites for R1. Have you got one? If yes, when did you submit the application?

Hi Guys

Anyone lucky to get the interview invites in India..have been watch one thread regarding the invites on businessweek....ppl started receiving their invites but haven't come across an indian with an invite...

u guys can chk out the thread

BW B-Schools

goodluck guys

Hi Guys

Anyone lucky to get the interview invites in India..have been watch one thread regarding the invites on businessweek....ppl started receiving their invites but haven't come across an indian with an invite...

BW B-Schools

goodluck guys

Hi Gopi,
Dunno whats happening on the Ross front. I submitted in the last week of Sept. Havent heard from them yet. Havent heard from Stanford either. I check my email 10 times a day hoping to find an email from them but no luck.

My profile
Gmat - 750
WE- 3 yrs - Steel (Tech Assis to CEO, Corp Strategy and now production) founder of Hitech Agri company.
Extra curriculars - Indian Youth ambassador, Founder of PEC Management Association,
President Rotaract, Chief Coord Chandigarh Microfinance Scheme and
chairperson of 5 more forums. Head of Student Government Council

Do share your profile.

Kind regards
M.R.
Hi Guys

BW B-Schools

goodluck guys

I haven't heard either...

In clear admit one lady admitted gtting invite on 9th Nov!!!

Highly unbelievable as i was told by adcom that till 10th Nov Ross will sort apps and then send complete/incomplete info...Even thats awaited yet

Gaurav,
Did the adcom say that they'll let the candidate know when they consolidate his application and let him know of the complete/incomplete application?
Where and when did they tell you? You've been to Ross?

M.R.

Gaurav,
Did the adcom say that they'll let the candidate know when they consolidate his application and let him know of the complete/incomplete application?
Where and when did they tell you? You've been to Ross?

M.R.

Not visit Mohinder... I got reply on mail requesting status whether my apps is complete or not. This was the mail content..

Dear Gaurav,
All supplemental materials should reach our office by the application deadline. Because we receive so many supplemental materials to combine with applications it is not possible to check the mail to inform every applicant about the arrival of individual items. Instead it is our business process to check every application for completeness after we match the supplemental materials to the application. When we complete the check of your application we will send you an email confirming that your application is complete or telling you what is missing and giving you a chance to supply the missing item(s). Credential checks will occur 7-10 days after the application deadline.
Thank you for your interest in the Ross School of Business.
Not visit Mohinder... I got reply on mail requesting status whether my apps is complete or not. This was the mail content..

Dear Gaurav,
All supplemental materials should reach our office by the application deadline. Because we receive so many supplemental materials to combine with applications it is not possible to check the mail to inform every applicant about the arrival of individual items. Instead it is our business process to check every application for completeness after we match the supplemental materials to the application. When we complete the check of your application we will send you an email confirming that your application is complete or telling you what is missing and giving you a chance to supply the missing item(s). Credential checks will occur 7-10 days after the application deadline.
Thank you for your interest in the Ross School of Business.

Lets wait and watch. I am beginnning to get discouraged with my Ross prospects.

M.R.

So, today is Nov 21st and as per theory (by unknown), Ross will send the second round of interview invites today. I didn't see a single Indian receiving interview invite, so hopefully we will find some luck today. Keep posted.