ROI vs Investment in MBA ( Scary thoughts )

Guys How are you ? I am a new MBA aspirant to do my MBA from MBS . It will cost me around 45KUSD + time + efforts. I am IT Professional with around 9 yrs of overseas experience as in IT Consulting, Architect. I want to add a new skill to my …

Guys
How are you ? I am a new MBA aspirant to do my MBA from MBS . It will cost me around 45KUSD + time + efforts. I am IT Professional with around 9 yrs of overseas experience as in IT Consulting, Architect.
I want to add a new skill to my skill set ( not because of Money , am earning enough). My question is about the ROI post MBA. I did my calculations and can see that it can take someone with AVG salary ( post MBA ) 5yrs to pay up the cost of MBA. + Also it is change in the Stream , one is not sure how successul one will be in this new stream.
I would also not want to be joining at lower level postion with less money POST MBA.
I think that MBA is good for those who want to start there own business or are willing to be upskilled by there current employer ( paid MBA ).
Please help me in my confusion and correct me if i am wrong.
Also is there anyone who can share placements in MBS for the last 3 yrs or last year. Especially i would like to see the MBA's placement for students with IT background ( with yrs of experience ).
I would like to calculate my investment and then decide if i should head of this way or not . After all it is lot of money i am going to spend in the Corporate world especially when one have family to take care with growing kids and is looking forward to buy a house soon
thanks
Tinoo

Tinoo - from watever # of ppl I have spoken to, folks go for MBA for one of the following reasons..
1) Earn more money (yes, thats most common - nothing wrong in it...)
2) Career stream shift
3) For a leapfrog in existing career

The starting own business category is for sure not a dominant one. Plus, in emerging world countries I don't think there are enough examples to show ppl with business education are more successful at starting their own businesses. On the contrary - you could argue otherwise....

That being said, since you have already mentioned your objective is not # 1, I would say its best to deliberate hard on what are you looking for your MBA for. If you are happy with what you are making, why think about AVG salary post MBA & placements et al...

-goldenirony

Tinoo - from watever # of ppl I have spoken to, folks go for MBA for one of the following reasons..
1) Earn more money (yes, thats most common - nothing wrong in it...)
2) Career stream shift
3) For a leapfrog in existing career

The starting own business category is for sure not a dominant one. Plus, in emerging world countries I don't think there are enough examples to show ppl with business education are more successful at starting their own businesses. On the contrary - you could argue otherwise....

That being said, since you have already mentioned your objective is not # 1, I would say its best to deliberate hard on what are you looking for your MBA for. If you are happy with what you are making, why think about AVG salary post MBA & placements et al...

-goldenirony

Most f the people even dont now what MBA actualy is and what it has to offer.They just go by society trends,they say like herd folowing ,even IITians giving MBA is a shocker.
Actually money,status dont neccessarily gives you peace of mind.I believe about 50 percent or more of the MBA aspirants dont know the answer to question WHy MBA??