Rockers Unite!!! I-Day Rock on 27-28 August,Mumbai

Hey guys!!! its August and time to rock in Mum-bhai!!! So why not let us all have a meet on I-Day rock. It is on 27-28 august.i guess all of us can hop in and bang our heads to hell!!! Venue isnt fixed yet…will update the thread as so…

Any Ides about which Bands are playing on which dates...
Also Any Kinda passes needed for the event...

Its great man...
One more Query.
Any idea on Timings..
Which band.... which day!!.
Do keep the forum updated about it..!!
thanx
Holla guys,
This info is from yesterday's Indian Express.Will keep updating as soon as i get to know more.

Proposed Venue : Gateway of India( chances look slim to me though)

Bands Playing :
Mindsnare
Demonic Ressurrection
AFS
Agni
Sceptre
Pentagram
Zero
Pin Drop Violence

Besides
Shaan,KK,Ehsaan Noorani,Loy Mendonca,Suneeta Rao

No news of passes/tickets yet.but it wont be too costly.
Enjoy
Rohit

Sounds interesting!!
Pls Keep us updatd on the same.............

Bands Playing :
Mindsnare
Demonic Ressurrection
AFS
Agni
Sceptre
Pentagram
Zero
Pin Drop Violence

i guess i'll come down....!!

c h e e r s

p u n e e t
Its great man...
One more Query.
Any idea on Timings..
Which band.... which day!!.
Do keep the forum updated about it..!!
thanx

Hey dude how and where r u long time no talk..

ahaa..its i-Rock again.....
well, this time, may nt b able to make it, and neither did i had a gud exp last time i wz arnd...bt guess, wil b arnd for the JRO @ chennai, seems some descent line ups this time
bt wil pen down my review abt the last yrs gig,as asked by mithun so tht the pin-up metal heads can gear up there veins for some good 0ld mosh....

Day 1

Two weeks after Independence Day, I-Rock finally happened. At a venue that is actually a parking lot, most of Bombay's Rock community turned up to support something that has become more of a movement than an event. Fire breathers, stoned chicks and Zero. Everything that any Indian Rock fan could hope for was there.

With all the traffic at Andheri, I finally managed to reach the venue at 7:15pm, and was quite peeved when it was brought to my notice that there were no press passes. This, eventually, turned out to be a good thing. The competition, featuring Tripwire, Myndsnare, Headrush, Split, Demonic Resurrection and Chaos Theory, was already underway. I managed to catch Split at their soundcheck. They played a minute of System Of A Down, which had the crowd in a frenzy; then the lead vocalist announced, "Judges please note, that was just a soundcheck." Split being the only 'Alternative' band at the competition played their OC 'My House', which, by now, most of the Rock community is quite familiar with. Split left the stage, and on came Demonic Resurrection, possibly the saddest act at I-Rock. Picture this. A lead vocalist with hair the length of his guitar, the voice of a goat on drugs, rotating head movements like a superspeed oscillating pendulum, and lyrics that you wouldn't be able to figure out if you were standing right next to him. And that's just the lead vocalist. Don't get me started on the guy on keyboards!

Chaos Theory, as usual, played 'Sway' by Coal Chamber right at the end of their set, which was the perfect appetiser for the entrance of arguably India's best Rock outfit, Zero. What can I say? I could watch the same set twenty times in a row, and then do the whole thing again. From Lucy to Christmas In July, Hate in E minor... everything they played got far more applause than any of the previous bands, and that too with tracks that aren't all that mosh friendly. Just like last year, Farhad Wadia joined them and sang Mustang Sally, and just like last year, everyone had a ball. The highlight of Farhad's performance though was the 'My Sacrifice' cover. Right at the end of the track, when the acoustic section of the bridge started, everyone in the crowd sang along. It was unbelievable. Really, if you're a Rock fan, in Mumbai, and you missed this, kick yourself real hard. There was a major 'Save Rang Bhavan' sentiment at I-Rock, and Farhad too was vociferous in his appeal to all to join him as he took the fight for Rang Bhavan to the Supreme Court.

Zero pulled off a really good 'Comfortably Numb' and that too with one string cut from Warren's guitar. After all the crowd's loud, hearty and often violent requests for PSP, Zero finally played it as the last track of the concert. There isn't much about that performance that I can put in words, but here's some advice, core metal heads, apart frm the mumbaiyaa dic-chik-dic-chik..can look out for some scorching guitar riffs..

Day 2

R.I.P. Rang Bhavan!

With the Mecca of Rockers now shut, Metalheads had a "something is better than nothing" mindset as they gathered at Andheri for Day 2 of I-Rock 2004. Last years' winner Sceptre started the show and the moshpit with 'Nuclear'. Although they performed originals like 'Charred', their brilliant covers of Metallica's 'One' and Pantera's '5 Minutes Alone' and 'Cowboys from Hell' had the crowd breaking their necks.

Next came the much-hyped PDV who rocked the crowd with their originals like 'Skinless Substitute', 'Independence' and 'I'm Gonna Fight Back'. But their covers of Slipknot's 'Duality' and System Of A Down's 'War' were weak to say the least. They seemed to lack drive as this time, their performance was not charged enough. Merely saying "Jump! Jump!" every 3 lines does not make a good act.

With moshing taking the better of them, and Gary Lawyer taking the stage, most of the crowd headed for a drink and a quick bite. While Gary played the exactly same set as last year, the wannabes seemed to enjoy his performance especially his croaky rendition of 'It's My Life'. It was sad to see him massacre songs like 'My Sacrifice', 'Alive' and the Doors classics 'Break On Through' and 'Light My Fire'. Jim Morrison must be turning in his grave and his 'aatma' will surely haunt Gary. The only good thing about his set was that we got a break to get charged up for AFS. The last act, they kicked off a storm when they opened with the mosh-anthem 'Guerrilla Radio'. They adopted a crowd-friendly policy and played covers like Red Hot Chili Peppers' 'Suck My Kiss' and 'Give It Away' but their version of 'Bulls On Parade' was as bad as it could get, thanks to the sound/ tech problems. Closing with RATM's 'Testify', they made sure the crowd had a 'rage'ing time.

Eye catchers:
1. The dude in the entire Slipknot outfit, sans the mask.
2. The over-enthu fire breathers.
3. Farhad Wadia teaming up with Gary lawyer on stage.
4. The usual wannabe species... they seemed to be everywhere!
5. The chick in the lavender-top headbanging behind me....:-)

So, keep Rockin till i-rock 2005
and some1 , pen the reviews...

~Peace out~

-Dilip-

This year I rock is gonna be rocking for sure , slated for 2 days of fun and music . Lots of folks coming down from all parts of India , great bands and a lots of surprises and special guests to be present . The details are still sketchy but it will happen and it will be BIG . Catch u folks there .

Was waiting for u buddy on this thread...i guess u r the best person amongst us to update on this...so puhleeeeeeeeeez!!!
And am not gonna catch u there...am gonna tag beside u...
noblesse oblige!!!
Ok..one proposal for the pune ka junta who r keen to come...they can put up at my place in Vashi...just barge in with some beer and u r welcome!!!

Rohit

sure me 2 has a friend in vashi.. if he throws me out i'll come down... !!
n yeah puneet's gotta b with us...!!

c h e e r s

p u n e e t
puneet Says
Catch u folks there .

Dood,do purn inwith ur visual exp,or if posible upload some pics too....:crazyeye:
and any1 comin for JRO Chennai...????

@puneet-- u have PDV's "Get em off"...i lost it somewhere yaar,
upload karke bhej de yaar
Dood,do purn inwith ur visual exp,or if posible upload some pics too....:crazyeye:
and any1 comin for JRO Chennai...????

@puneet-- u have PDV's "Get em off"...i lost it somewhere yaar,
upload karke bhej de yaar

they dont allow cameras inside , will try to smuggle one in

will mail you the song , u coming down for I Rock ?
they dont allow cameras inside , will try to smuggle one in

will mail you the song , u coming down for I Rock ?

they can't ask one 2 leave their cell phones outside can they..??
Jackal Says
they can't ask one 2 leave their cell phones outside can they..??

cell phone , no probs there ... but to get clear shots , u need good megapixel camera phone
puneet Says
cell phone , no probs there ... but to get clear shots , u need good megapixel camera phone

yeah thts true..!! :huh:
me got a .85 megapixel camera in mah cell.. not too good but better thn nothin..

took some photos at the freedom rock concert here in pune..(8-10 feet frm the stage so dont expect much 😞 ) will post'em on the pune rock gigs thread..

c h e e r s

p u n e e t

Yo!!

Just 2 weeks to go...

Gateway of India... :shocked: boss! this is going to be big...

Day 1 is going to be Awesome...finish all ur "stuff" on this day itself ;)
Day 2 sucks tho, crowd will end up doing BC MC half of the time...
KK, Sunita Rao in a rock show... *Pukes*

I'm all set to Bang on! \_/

Catch ya there...

-Akshat

can ne1 plzzz post the schedule..

can ne1 plzzz post the schedule..

From gigpad...

Saturday 27th August / Day 1

1.) Prestorika Delhi
2.) Helgas Funk Castle Bombay
3.) Sledge Hyderabad
4.) Joint Family Delhi
5.) Vertigo Pune

Vayu + Zero Headlining Bands,
Other Performers & Singers - K.K. Loy Mendonsa & Ehsaan Noorani, Zubin Balaporia & Mahesh Tinaikar - Indus Creed / Rock Machine

Day 2

On the 2nd day a Retrospective of Virtually all the Singers / Bands who have performed over the last 20 years at the Concert :

MYNDSNARE Bangalore (Winner of 2004 Contest as the opening ACT)
Gary Lawyer, Shaan, Suneeta Rao,
Brian Tellis- Voices, Suraj Jaggan Krysys , Shazneen Arethna- Zero , Shahriyar Atai - Pizott
Joji George - Short Circuit , Farhad Wadia - Mirage
Ranjit Barot People, Nandu Bhende - Savage Encounters ,Ashu & Dhruv - Orphean Revival
Zero , PDV ,Agni , Sceptre , Brahma, Myndsnare, Acquired Funk Syndrome , Demonic Resurrection .

-Akshat

no gigs at bangalore
why why why

d00d i guess b'lore is better th pune n b'bay when we talk abt gigs.. u dont hv a a 11 pm deadline o'er there right..?? n yes there a lot of gigs in b'lore just keep lookin 4 them on da internet..!!

er.. me doodette...

gigs in a cuppla months.. i dont see any! aw yea..
11 o cllock crap ... freedom jam got nixd too rite