Rochester Univ. (Simon) 2009-10 applications and beyond

Hey All, Couldnt find a thread on Rochester for 2009-10 applicants, so thought of starting a new thread. Current Students and Alums are also welcome to please guide us. I have already applied to Rochester in Cycle 1, any more applicants …

Hey All,

Couldnt find a thread on Rochester for 2009-10 applicants, so thought of starting a new thread. Current Students and Alums are also welcome to please guide us.

I have already applied to Rochester in Cycle 1, any more applicants ? Please join in.

Hey target,Wonderful intitiative! Well I could not apply for R1, so am looking to apply for the nov-20 deadlines. Do you have any advice that will be useful during my appli process, i mean any last minute hiccups that i can avoid ? Well, my profile: GMAT : 680 (48,35) / AWA - 4.5 TOEFL : Scores yet to come Work experience : 2 years by july 2009, Automobile software company. Acads : Engg (Elect & comm) 79% , 12th - 87 % , 10th - 87%. Could you please post your profile too, so that we can get an idea what kind of profiles are applying for mba in this economic situation. BOL for your application... Lets keep it going guys.......

Hey Avinash,

Gud to see some activity on this thread :)
Here's my profile:
GMAT:680 (Q-50, V-32) , AWA-5
Work Ex. 5yrs (1 yr as Business Analyst)

Why are u applying to Rochester? Please share the info that u have.
I am yet to receive an invite for interview so can't say if I am the right person to guide you. I have been interviewed at ISB so if I get thru ISB I'll not goto Rochester in the downturn.
Where else are u applying?

avinashsbajaj Says
Hey target,Wonderful intitiative! Well I could not apply for R1, so am looking to apply for the nov-20 deadlines. Do you have any advice that will be useful during my appli process, i mean any last minute hiccups that i can avoid ? Well, my profile: GMAT : 680 (48,35) / AWA - 4.5 TOEFL : Scores yet to come Work experience : 2 years by july 2009, Automobile software company. Acads : Engg (Elect & comm) 79% , 12th - 87 % , 10th - 87%. Could you please post your profile too, so that we can get an idea what kind of profiles are applying for mba in this economic situation. BOL for your application... Lets keep it going guys.......

Hey

I applied in R1 too. Waiting for an interview call... HOPEFULLY
Any idea by when the interview invites start comin??

710/3 yrs IT

Not sure. they may take 2-3 weeks i guess. but then they should've started sending the calls.

Hey

I applied in R1 too. Waiting for an interview call... HOPEFULLY
Any idea by when the interview invites start comin??

710/3 yrs IT

well i dont know when i will be applying but i will apply in Simon for sure,,, i am giving my GMAT on 20th December. so it would be applying almost by the end of Round 2 deadline. but why i am not so sure to apply for fall'09 or not since my work-ex by Aug'09 would be only 14 months, so i dont know with only 14 months work-ex will my application be considered or not.... else i will surly apply for fall'10.
Regards,
Priyesh

phew!! done with my simon application yest... thats the problem when you start off late with the proces.. by the time you are done with your first college... you see that the other deadlines are already on your head...
anyways.. hows it going for you guys.. any response/acknowledgement from simon regarding your application? how soon can we expect one after submitting it?
lets make this thread more interactive people... lets keep the spirits high... 😃
ALL THE BEST to everyone... !!

Hey Guys,

Just joined Pagalguy.

Well I have also applied to Simon R2.

Just a briefer GMAT 650
Work Ex - 6 Years in Financial Services
Undergrad - Average
Extra Curr - Decent

Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Anyone from Mumbai??
Well meeting an alumnus of Simon from 1996 batch.May be he will be of help during interviews. Would appreciate anyone joining me

Hi Guys...
Well I'm too looking for Simon. Below is my profile.
GMAT : 710 ( Q-49, V-38, AWA-4)
Work Ex : 2 Yrs 10 Month in IT by Fall 09
BE in Electronics and Communication : 69% (2006) - Kumaon Engg. College (Govt. Aided),
Nainital University
12th - 72% (CBSE)
10th - 78% (CBSE)

Extra Curricullar : Excellent
1) College Captain for the year 2005-2006 based on my academic and extra-curricullar
performance.
2) Represented College Lawn Tennis team in Inter-Colligiate Tournament.
3) Represented school and region at various levels in Basketball
4) Team member for my corporate team in soccer, basketball and lawn-tennis.

As R2 deadline already gone, I hope to finish my application by final deadline.

Regards,
Ashish

I applied in R1..no response yet! anyone frm India got I/V invite?

Hi Guys...
Well I'm too looking for Simon. Below is my profile.
GMAT : 710 ( Q-49, V-38, AWA-4)
Work Ex : 2 Yrs 10 Month in IT by Fall 09
BE in Electronics and Communication : 69% (2006) - Kumaon Engg. College (Govt. Aided),
Nainital University
12th - 72% (CBSE)
10th - 78% (CBSE)

Extra Curricullar : Excellent
1) College Captain for the year 2005-2006 based on my academic and extra-curricullar
performance.
2) Represented College Lawn Tennis team in Inter-Colligiate Tournament.
3) Represented school and region at various levels in Basketball
4) Team member for my corporate team in soccer, basketball and lawn-tennis.

As R2 deadline already gone, I hope to finish my application by final deadline.

Regards,
Ashish
target-09 Says
I applied in R1..no response yet! anyone frm India got I/V invite?

I too applied in R1 ...but still no response from the school. I have seen people getting interview calls ....on the other thread ...

You mean people from India getting I/V calls? could u please post the link here ?
Whts ur profile ding_exp? where else r u applying?

Ding_exp Says
I too applied in R1 ...but still no response from the school. I have seen people getting interview calls ....on the other thread ...
You mean people from India getting I/V calls? could u please post the link here ?
Whts ur profile ding_exp? where else r u applying?

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/simon-2008-interview-and-beyond-25026835
thats the link ...

My profile
GMAT 700
Extra Curri ...Okay
WE 6+
IWE 3+

Applied to Simon, Ivey and Rotman

Little late to apply for others ..so would be doing that in 2nd round

Hi. 2 questions:

1. Is TOEFL needed for Simon? (I think d website sed u done need if uve studied in an academic institution where medium of instruction is english)

2. When is R2 deadline? Is it over?

Plz confirm urgently.

toefl is rqd for Simon. However, u can request for a waiver by writing in optional essay why should u be considered for a waiver. and since the application doesnt accept blank in toefl score details, u can fill-in '0' as score.

I hope this helps.

Hi. 2 questions:

1. Is TOEFL needed for Simon? (I think d website sed u done need if uve studied in an academic institution where medium of instruction is english)

Plz confirm urgently.

hi rawal,
1. well from my interaction with the admissions committee, they said indian students need not submit toefl scores, but i did not want to take any chances, and submitted anyways. so, shoot a mail to the admissions desk, and confirm it once.
2. officially speaking, Round 2 deadline is still not over for Simon, but the difference is they have named their first round as Early Round, and the next as Round 1, and both are over. So, practically speaking the next round will in effect be Round 3, in my opinion.
Hope that helps. All the Best

Hi. 2 questions:

Plz confirm urgently.

Hi all,
I have applied to Simon for the fall 2009 application in round 2. Iam yet to hear from the school... My profile:
Work ex - 30 months as of today in the manufacturing sector (Projects department)
Acads- btech mechanical engg NIT rourkela 7.11 out of 10.
extracurricular decent.
GMAT - 690 (v- 36, q- 48, AWA- 5.5)
TOEFL- 110.

Nebdy hears from the school pls let me know.

HEY GUYS
was shocked today to receive a letter from Univ. of Rochester
stating that my application fee will be waived. Please see i have never reported my scores to rochester.
plus my GMAT score is also not a booming one
GMAT 690(MATH-50, ENGLISH-33) AWA 5.0/6.0

Due to some financial constraint not applying for sept2009 session

would apply for jan 2010 session.

That sounds cool ..why dun u apply now ??
Whts ur profile like..u must've mentioned in gmat reg form.

HEY GUYS
was shocked today to receive a letter from Univ. of Rochester
stating that my application fee will be waived. Please see i have never reported my scores to rochester.
plus my GMAT score is also not a booming one
GMAT 690(MATH-50, ENGLISH-33) AWA 5.0/6.0

Due to some financial constraint not applying for sept2009 session

would apply for jan 2010 session.