Robert H Smith-Maryland 2010 Aspirants

Hi, Couldn’t find a thread for Smith fall 2010 aspirants, so starting a new one. I’m targeting for fall 2010. Please share your experiences for application process and interview. Regards, Ashish

Hi,

Couldn't find a thread for Smith fall 2010 aspirants, so starting a new one. I'm targeting for fall 2010. Please share your experiences for application process and interview.

Regards,
Ashish

Great initiative. I'd be happy to pitch in. Let me know what you guys need..

Manas
Class of 2011 RH Smith

Hi,

Couldn't find a thread for Smith fall 2010 aspirants, so starting a new one. I'm targeting for fall 2010. Please share your experiences for application process and interview.

Regards,
Ashish

Hi Guys

Someone has already started a thread for Smith School 2010 Aspirants by the name: Calling all UMD SMITH MBA 2010 aspirants
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/calling-all-umd-smith-mba-2010-aspirants-25045724

Perhaps it will be better to have a single thread.
mjha - it will be great to have ur inputs! Thanks in advance!

Just my two cents..

K.

Hi mjha,

There used to be a Center for Human Capital, Innovation and Technology (HCIT). I don't see it anymore on smith website. Any idea about it?

I am planning for R2

GPA 3.9 (BE Comp science)
Work Ex 7 years (Microsoft, SAP Labs, Oracle)
GMAT 650
TOEFL 106
EC and CS Excellent

Regards

Hi mjha,

There used to be a Center for Human Capital, Innovation and Technology (HCIT). I don't see it anymore on smith website. Any idea about it?

I am planning for R2

GPA 3.9 (BE Comp science)
Work Ex 7 years (Microsoft, SAP Labs, Oracle)
GMAT 650
TOEFL 106
EC and CS Excellent

Regards

It's very much there ... I'm not sure if I can post links here, but here it is anyway - Center for Human Capital, Innovation, and Technology ... just Google for HCIT on the RH Smith website and you should find it ... its one of the Research centres at Smith ..

hi mjha,

Thanks for the reply. I would be interested in management consulting, guess that's with M&O; department. I can't find any students on the site pursuing this elective without being a UMD member.

Btw I've mailed Sam and mba_info with some queries on appln a week back, no response yet 😞 Is there anybody else I can get in touch with?

regards!

Guys,
I am planning to apply for R2. I was confused over what materials should be sent by mail and wanted your help. AFAIK they need 2 copies of official transcript (curious about 2 copies), TOEFL score copy and passport photocopy. Is there anything I am missing?

Yeah even I'm curious abt 2 copies, thought of mailing them but they haven't reverted to my earlier queries. So shall call tonight!

Transcript is the only doc obligatory to send, over that you could send any other relevant docs which are needed to support your case. I didn't read about passport copy anywhere, is it only for guys staying in US?

Hi san_deune,

I called them up today and the kind lady on the phone said they are okay with one official transcript and one photocopy of the same.
Passport copy, financial certificate can be sent later once admitted (to be needed for issuing I20).

What was the response you got?

Neat! I didn't get to call today..

Hi san_deune,

I called them up today and the kind lady on the phone said they are okay with one official transcript and one photocopy of the same.
Passport copy, financial certificate can be sent later once admitted (to be needed for issuing I20).

What was the response you got?

So we don't need to report official TOEFL score? What about GMAT score? Do we need to report it officially or will a copy of it do? Till now what I have been able to make out from discussion in this forum, these are the docs that need to be sent

1) Original Transcripts
2) Copy of Transcript

Nething else is needed??
Great initiative. I'd be happy to pitch in. Let me know what you guys need..

Manas
Class of 2011 RH Smith

Hello Manas,

I was going through the college website, core courses section. Can you please explain what is "Managing Digital Business Markets" course, a technology selective, about? How is it different from "Strategic and Transformational IT" course?

Regards,
Vishal