Robert H Smith 2009 Aspirants

Hi Frnds, I couldn’t find a thread for University of Maryland, Robert H Smith School’s, MBA program commencing Fall 2009, here it goes. My profile: GMAT: 690 WE: 3+ yrs as of now(IT Sector) Acads: Strong EC and Community Service: Qu…

Hi Frnds,
I couldn't find a thread for University of Maryland, Robert H Smith School's, MBA program commencing Fall 2009, here it goes.

My profile:
GMAT: 690
WE: 3+ yrs as of now(IT Sector)
Acads: Strong
EC and Community Service: Quite Strong

I have submitted my application for R2(15 Dec) and haven't yet received any Interview invitation from UNI. I'd be happy to see lots of activities in this thread.

PS: Moderator, if there is already a thread for Smith 2009, please let us know.

Hi,

I also applied in R2. No response on interview for me too. My Profile:

GMAT : 750 [ V40 M51 AWA 5.0]
TOEFL: 111
Acads: Strong
Extra Carricular: Decent
Work Experience: 3+ in IT as of now.

Best Regards,
Vishant Jain

Hey guys,

I have applied to Smith and am awaiting for a notification from them. So sailing in the same boat as you guys are.. :)

It would be great if you guys keep me/us posted about any news from smith...

Heres wishing you guys all the best! :)

Sowmya

Hi Guys,
I'm applying by the Jan 15th deadline. Anymore updates from your end?

Profile -
GMAT - 680.
3 years IT exp.

BTW guys... Did u all subit the certicate of finances also?

hey people.. how you all doing ??

phew... took me some time to find a thread on Smith 2009 applications... anyways, we can expect more response for this thread, now that decisions are being rolled out

my profile:
GMAT - 680
TOEFL - 113
Work Ex: 1.5 yrs (so far)
Acads: Pretty good
Extra-curr: Decent

Submitted application: R2 (14th Dec)

Current Admission Status: Waitlisted

I got a response from the admissions office on the 7th of Jan (I guess they have started working big time on the admissions front, post-christmas holidays).

Now, since i am waitlisted, can someone suggest what i can do further to alleviate/improve my chances ???

All the best to everyone here :)

-Avinash

hey people.. how you all doing ??

phew... took me some time to find a thread on Smith 2009 applications... anyways, we can expect more response for this thread, now that decisions are being rolled out

my profile:
GMAT - 680
TOEFL - 113
Work Ex: 1.5 yrs (so far)
Acads: Pretty good
Extra-curr: Decent

Submitted application: R2 (14th Dec)

Current Admission Status: Waitlisted

I got a response from the admissions office on the 7th of Jan (I guess they have started working big time on the admissions front, post-christmas holidays).

Now, since i am waitlisted, can someone suggest what i can do further to alleviate/improve my chances ???

All the best to everyone here :)

-Avinash

Hey Avinash,

Have u been interviewed by the smith peoplE? Cos i received an invite for an interview.. so kinna surprised that you are waitlisted without an interview... or was it done.

Thanks for the clarification.

Sowmya
Hey Avinash,

Have u been interviewed by the smith peoplE? Cos i received an invite for an interview.. so kinna surprised that you are waitlisted without an interview... or was it done.

Thanks for the clarification.

Sowmya

Hey sowmya,well....no..i did not receive any interview invite.. i directly received a waitlist decision, which kinda surprised me too... i wil have to confirm with amy owens about this as soon as i can.... maybe, somthing in my profile was showcased as ordinary, as compared to others with the same profile...anyways... wats ur profile, and when is ur interview scheduled ?? all the best in advance 😃 do let us know how it goes ...-avinash

Hey Sowmya,

ATB for ur Interview. Anways when it is scheduled? Kindly help us by posting ur interview experience...

Hey Soumya,

How was ur interview or is it over yet??

Hey Soumya,

How was ur interview or is it over yet??

Not yet... it is scheduled to happen on the 28th... will let u know about the experience guys..

All the best to all of you!

Hi All,

I am a 3round applicant!!! Somehow i dont see much activity here, is it coz there arent many applicants???

Anyway , my profile is as follows:

GMAT: 680/5
TOEFL: 116
Wrk ex - 2 yrs by Jul 09
Acads - average
EC - Good

Thts about it!! Hping for the best now!! And all the best Sowmya :cheerio:
Can you please share your profile for the benefit of the ppl in the forum.

Hi All,

I applied to Smith on 15th December and my TOEFL scores reached them by 30th Dec.
Just got an e-mail from Smith informing that I have been waitlisted :-(
My profile is:
GMAT:680/5.0
TOEFL: 115
BTech in IT (2005): 65%
work-ex: 1.5 years as software engineer, 6 months in HR, 10 months in an NGO.

DO waitlisted candidates often get selected or are they mostly dinged? Can anyone throw some light on whether I should still hope?

Hi All,

I applied to Smith on 15th December and my TOEFL scores reached them by 30th Dec.
My profile is:

DO waitlisted candidates often get selected or are they mostly dinged? Can anyone throw some light on whether I should still hope?

Heyloz Nikita --> can u plz temme whether u were waitlisted after an interview or the interview did not happen at all in ur case?
Well I got an interview invite frm maryland couple of weeks back and I have it on 4th Feb.

~Ruchit
Heyloz Nikita --> can u plz temme whether u were waitlisted after an interview or the interview did not happen at all in ur case?
Well I got an interview invite frm maryland couple of weeks back and I have it on 4th Feb.

~Ruchit

Ruchit I did not get any interview invite :-(
Can you share your profile?
Ruchit I did not get any interview invite :-(
Can you share your profile?

Sure!
My Profile:
GMAT: 720/4.5
TOEFL: 112
Xth: 74%
XII: 80%
B.Tech in IT: 74%
Exp: 4Yrs in IT Consulting upon joining
Hi All,

My profile is:

Hi Nikita,

Exact same story for me :(

My Profile:

GMAT-680/4.5
TOEFL-113
BE in Electronics - 2007 - 79%
Work Ex: 1.5 yrs(so far) - IT - Automobile Software MNC

From our common profile points, I guess GMAT score plays a major role. Anyways, I do not want to come to any conclusions.

Next, you will get a snail mail from Maryland, which contains FAQs on how to get off the waitlist. It seems they will have a regular review of your application (say, once in a few weeks). If they still like it, you will get an interview call. This may go on for quite some time, until they come to a final conclusion of a yes or a no.

Hope this helps. Kindly let me know if I can help more....
I am looking for tips too :D

All the very best :)

-Avinash
Sure!
My Profile:
GMAT: 720/4.5
TOEFL: 112
Xth: 74%
XII: 80%
B.Tech in IT: 74%
Exp: 4Yrs in IT Consulting upon joining

Thanks for sharing your profile Ruchit and all the best for your interview.
Do let us know how it went.
Hi Nikita,

Exact same story for me :(

My Profile:

GMAT-680/4.5
TOEFL-113
BE in Electronics - 2007 - 79%
Work Ex: 1.5 yrs(so far) - IT - Automobile Software MNC

From our common profile points, I guess GMAT score plays a major role. Anyways, I do not want to come to any conclusions.

Next, you will get a snail mail from Maryland, which contains FAQs on how to get off the waitlist. It seems they will have a regular review of your application (say, once in a few weeks). If they still like it, you will get an interview call. This may go on for quite some time, until they come to a final conclusion of a yes or a no.

Hope this helps. Kindly let me know if I can help more....
I am looking for tips too :D

All the very best :)

-Avinash

Hey Avinash,

Thanks a ton!! That really helped. I hope they do finally offer admission :-)

I think its best to drop them a mail after being waitlisted that you are very interested and would be glad to offer explanation or information if they so desire about anything in your profile. I hope you have already done that.

All the best,
Nikita