Richard Montauk

hi, I have just heard about this book by Montauk , can anyone out here give a review of this book , i want to buy it from amazon . Also is this book handy only after the GMAT or does it help in its prep also … Please advice.

hi,
I have just heard about this book by Montauk , can anyone out here give a review of this book , i want to buy it from amazon . Also is this book handy only after the GMAT or does it help in its prep also ...

Please advice.

It is a great book to prepare your application post GMAT. A must buy as recommended by lots of admits at the top B-schools, esp. in US.

Hi,
Thx for the info ... but do u know any books which can help to apply in the european colleges , especially INSEAD, IMD , IESE etc...

Montauk also has information on those schools. Since MBA is more of an American degree information on European B-schools is "sketchy" at best. I think you would have to rely on other sources like these forums to research on European B-schools.

For folks residing in India wanting to buy Richard Montauk's book, its available at firstandsecond.com for about 1350 bucks.

Thx for the info ... i mainly want to apply for a european MBA , can anyone tell me some good books reagrding European MBAs .

Scorpio_19 Says
For folks residing in India wanting to buy Richard Montauk's book, its available at firstandsecond.com for about 1350 bucks.
I have got negative comments for firstandsecond.com from many ppl. I myself tried to buy, but they responded after 1 month of my request. So if you are not in Delhi, then you should avoid them.
mbabuster Says
Thx for the info ... i mainly want to apply for a european MBA , can anyone tell me some good books reagrding European MBAs .

The Montauk book does point out to certain differences between the UK and the US Bschools. But most of the stuff remains generic throughout the book. I am unaware of any book which focusses purely on the European schools - INSEAD, IMD, LBS, Said etc. But no reason why they would be any different than the US BSchools.

Arun

My experience with Amazon was very good. Although they said that the delivery of books could take upto 30 days, I got my books within a week. All the Indian stores charge Amazon's shipping along with the shipping within India. One can't trust the condition of these books as well so go for Amazon if you have time.

The Montauk book does point out to certain differences between the UK and the US Bschools. But most of the stuff remains generic throughout the book. I am unaware of any book which focusses purely on the European schools - INSEAD, IMD, LBS, Said etc. But no reason why they would be any different than the US BSchools.

Arun

In other words , u still recommand montauk for even european colleges , what about the other books ... game paln etc..

the latest price at Amazon says $30.00 !! latest edition? 4th edition?

i think Vipin's idea might appeal to many.

hi guys,
I tried to get the book at the plethora of bookstores spread accross my city, but unfortunately couldn't lay my hands on one. Was anybody able to get the book from a bookstore, anywhere in India. Amazon seems to be the trusted final alternative.

P.S. I came very close to getting one at Odessey - hyderabad.. unfortunately, the book was "currently" not available.

I was able to buy new one today (4th ed) online from flipkart for 760 after 20% off on listed price with free shipping.

Cool steal considering its not easily available and amazon asks $30

Now just have to wait for the actual delivery.