Richard Ivey vs Melbourne Business school

Hey All, I have an admit from Richard Ivey & Melbourne business school for 2012 and need to decide between the two. By profession I am an IT Consultant & Budding Entrepreneur (Check out www.ChangeRepublic.com). Spent 7 years in Infosys a…

Hey All,

I have an admit from Richard Ivey & Melbourne business school for 2012 and need to decide between the two.

By profession I am an IT Consultant & Budding Entrepreneur (Check out www.ChangeRepublic.com). Spent 7 years in Infosys and then co-founded a collaboration website with a friend few months back.

I want pursue entrepreneurship and want to expand my enterprise while doing my MBA. Although a part time would have been ideal for me, I wanted international exposure for myself and hence the FT decision.

I would highly appreciate people's inputs on any comparison points and help me in this decision.
PS: The cost of MBA is the same for me as Ivey has given a scholarship.

Do let me know if any more info is needed.

Thanks & Regards,
Mayank

Hey All,

I have an admit from Richard Ivey & Melbourne business school for 2012 and need to decide between the two.

By profession I am an IT Consultant & Budding Entrepreneur (Check out www.ChangeRepublic.com). Spent 7 years in Infosys and then co-founded a collaboration website with a friend few months back.

I want pursue entrepreneurship and want to expand my enterprise while doing my MBA. Although a part time would have been ideal for me, I wanted international exposure for myself and hence the FT decision.

I would highly appreciate people's inputs on any comparison points and help me in this decision.
PS: The cost of MBA is the same for me as Ivey has given a scholarship.

Do let me know if any more info is needed.

Thanks & Regards,
Mayank

hi vmayank,
I am joining MBS in Jan 2012, what intake are you planning to join?
The two schools are good. Anyone can tell you about the strong Australian economy which continues as such even today with fears of double-dip recession.
Canada gives you access to US (with discrimination though), but is good market as of now. But its dependence on US is heavy so the effects will show up. Most of the companies have opened offices in Canada due to cheaper office space close to US HQs. but function as per US policies.
Too much detail, but just sharing my thought process.
And Aussies encourage entrepreneurs in their country for sure.
hi vmayank,
I am joining MBS in Jan 2012, what intake are you planning to join?
The two schools are good. Anyone can tell you about the strong Australian economy which continues as such even today with fears of double-dip recession.
Canada gives you access to US (with discrimination though), but is good market as of now. But its dependence on US is heavy so the effects will show up. Most of the companies have opened offices in Canada due to cheaper office space close to US HQs. but function as per US policies.
Too much detail, but just sharing my thought process.
Funny, I interacted with a few schools (North American) over the past week, and when asked about career stats of international students, they became uncomfortable, assuring me of my doubts.

Hi Nikhil,
I am also joining the Jan 2012 course at MBS. Ivey is a great school, but the economy and the US market are both points of concern. MBS fits in well for my personal plans as well, so MBS looks like the right choice.
Ivey had given me a 20k schol, so that is making the decision a tough choice..
Anyway, I will catch up with you once MBS plans are concrete!
Thanks for replying to my post!
Regards
Mayank
Hi Nikhil,
I am also joining the Jan 2012 course at MBS. Ivey is a great school, but the economy and the US market are both points of concern. MBS fits in well for my personal plans as well, so MBS looks like the right choice.
Ivey had given me a 20k schol, so that is making the decision a tough choice..
Anyway, I will catch up with you once MBS plans are concrete!
Thanks for replying to my post!
Regards
Mayank

Mayank,
All the best with the decision.
I have a feeling that with the 20k schol you might be looking at the same expense as MBS without schol. And believe me Intl exposure is much more diverse at MBS, thats why I chose it.
Cheers
Mayank,
All the best with the decision.
I have a feeling that with the 20k schol you might be looking at the same expense as MBS without schol. And believe me Intl exposure is much more diverse at MBS, thats why I chose it.
Cheers

Thanks Nikhil. Yup, expense is same to the last penny 😃