Richard Ivey School

Has anyone got the admission for the 1 yr program? Everything sounds good about it except the fact that it is in the cold country called Canada and that whopping 65000US$ tuition + misc cost!!! Is UK or Canada preferrable in terms of job…

Has anyone got the admission for the 1 yr program?

Everything sounds good about it except the fact that it is in the cold country called Canada and that whopping 65000US$ tuition + misc cost!!!

Is UK or Canada preferrable in terms of job prospects? Very confusing to me. Any help or information in this regards would be appreciated.

mba-or-nba

"to mba or nba, that is the question!"

Congrats dude !!!!!

Richard Ivey School is having a gud reputation in canada....i think its in top 5 in canada if i'm not mistaken....Do research on the job oppurtunities/placements after the course...from this college...check it out with the alumni..and the college authorities.

But as far as job prospects in canada/uk are concerned........they are thinner as compared to US. Most of the people migrate to US after having done courses from canada. But they did'nt have much problem in doing so...migrating to US.

Buddy do check if this school is in the HSMP list of UK....if it is their you can move to UK for an year for exploring Job oppurtunities.

And do confirm with the college authorities about your stay in Canada after completion of the course....as far as i know...they give u 3 months after your course...in case you are able to get a job then your employer can help in the extension of visa...otherwise....they say it bluntly u have to pack ur bags....

I wish you all the best for your future endaevours !!!!!!!!

Hi!

Thanks for the information.

Ivey is listed in the HSMP list.

But if the only use of a Canadian mba is to goto USA or UK, it doesnt seem attractive at all. Job market is so average in Canada. Many immigrants to compete with you and currently doing menial jobs. At UK has a HSMP program for selected schools and I assume (correct me if I'm wrong) all the intl graduates in that list easily settle down. Cost was a positive factor earlier in Canada but now, both Queens and Ivey have been made expensive than UK programs. Very confusing to me. Any help or information in this regards would be appreciated.

mba-or-nba

Richard Ivey is the top and the best MBA school in Canada and one of the best reputed schools worldwide (regardless of its low ranking in FT). It uses case based teaching method in the likes of Harvard and Insead. Richard Ivey is known for its quality and job placements. It is in Toronto, the business hub of Canada.
I am saying all these because my friend studies in that school and has three job offers before graduation 😃 The only reason that I did not apply to this school is the high tuition cost.

Hi people.. I have aninterveiw with Riachard Ivey this evening.. If anyone does see this do rpely with some pointers if you have..! I have like a hundred butterflies in my tummy right now!

first, I would like to point out that menial jobs are done everywhere including in US - the immigrants you are referring to are people with no degrees or good background whatsoever, migrating to Canada - of course they won;t find jobs..the same applies even in US with all the desi cab drivers.
second, Ivey, Rotman, Queens, and now York are great schools for MBA, so rest assured u won't be doing menial jobs post graduation..if cost is of concern to you, consider York - its the cheapest of all the 4, very well ranked, also located in Toronto, which is the 3rd biggest financial hub of North America...so job market is pretty good - not sure where u get ur information from.
finally weather, well i have lived in Detroit, US for the past 8 years - the weather here as well as in Chicago, Boston, Cleveland is the same as Toronto..all these big cities are in northern US and have cold winters yes..but unless you go further up north in Canada, you will be fine.

quote=mbaornba]Hi!

Thanks for the information.

Ivey is listed in the HSMP list.

But if the only use of a Canadian mba is to goto USA or UK, it doesnt seem attractive at all. Job market is so average in Canada. Many immigrants to compete with you and currently doing menial jobs. At UK has a HSMP program for selected schools and I assume (correct me if I'm wrong) all the intl graduates in that list easily settle down. Cost was a positive factor earlier in Canada but now, both Queens and Ivey have been made expensive than UK programs. Very confusing to me. Any help or information in this regards would be appreciated.

mba-or-nba

Ivey is 2 hrs away from Toronto..Rotman is located in the heart of downtown and is in global top 10 for Finance if anyone is interested in majoring in that field.

Richard Ivey is the top and the best MBA school in Canada and one of the best reputed schools worldwide (regardless of its low ranking in FT). It uses case based teaching method in the likes of Harvard and Insead. Richard Ivey is known for its quality and job placements. It is in Toronto, the business hub of Canada.
I am saying all these because my friend studies in that school and has three job offers before graduation 😃 The only reason that I did not apply to this school is the high tuition cost.

WHat is the cost & duration for Queens MBA prog....

Thankx
Azeem

why don't u check the website?

WHat is the cost & duration for Queens MBA prog....

Thankx
Azeem
puhrince Says
why don't u check the website?

Buddy I want to know the total cost of living (tution + Cost of living) and that can be anserwed by ppl in the Ivy school (the site does give info on cost of living but I think a guy who is studying at IVY would be able to give a realistic estimate)

Thankx
Azeem

Hey Buddy,
Saw your post from 2006, I was wondering if you ever joined the Ivey program or not, and also if ou joined another program.
Nitesh

Has anyone got the admission for the 1 yr program?

Everything sounds good about it except the fact that it is in the cold country called Canada and that whopping 65000US$ tuition + misc cost!!!

Is UK or Canada preferrable in terms of job prospects? Very confusing to me. Any help or information in this regards would be appreciated.

mba-or-nba