Rice MBA 2008 - Interviews & Admissions

Hi guys I have received an admit from Rice with $10000 schol per year. Anybody else here…planning to join Rice! Lets start interactinng :wow:

Hi guys
I have received an admit from Rice with $10000 schol per year.
Anybody else here.........planning to join Rice!
Lets start interactinng :wow:

Congrats King for receiving an admit from Rice with a schol 😃 Can you please share ur profile and interview experiemce? I am planning to apply.. wud be gr8 help.. thanks..

me too in!!

can either of u guys pls lemme know ur profile as well as the time u guys received ur results.....I am still awaiting mine...have my fingers crossed

me too waiting for my result..
gmat 690/4.0
toefl 105
3+ yrs work ex.

i mailed the admissions ofc few minutes ago.....they said that they'll send out mails by 5 pm CST today...that is another 5 hrs to go......i hope late doesn't mean ditched....am really looking forward to Rice...
680/5.0
113 (iBT)
3 yrs 10 mnths (Present - IT)

yeah man..fingers crossed??:
best of luck to lovenivea

i did not make it.....don't know what to do...have got an admit from Brandeis and WPI but now don't feel like joining either of them.....

Oh my gosh! I ve been waitlisted @ Rice... I thought I did my interview well and turned in good essays... I received a shocker when I saw that I am waitlisted... Rice Finance program is considered very good and Houston location helps in your job search... It's discomforting not to make it...

hi guys,
am a newbie here..
could someone please post the questions that they faced in the interview . i also have been invited for an interview on the 19th of this month.
also, was the tone of the interviewer conversational??

hi guys,
am a newbie here..
could someone please post the questions that they faced in the interview . i also have been invited for an interview on the 19th of this month.

hi guys,
am a newbie here..

Heyya!!

Mine was a very conversational F2F interview!

Why MBA and Why Rice?
Leadership examples
Tough situation that uve faced and how youve come out of it?

These Q's are very normal to any MBA intw. It was very much on predicted lines.

All the Best. Go crack it!!

Hiiiiiiii I jus joined PagalGuy. My Profile:

GMAT 650
TOEFL: 106
Work Ex: 25 months exp at CTS as S/W Prof, currently in Business Intelligence tool
BE: EEE, 68.4

I have applied to 9 univs already, jus thinking of applying to ONE MORE...Pls rate my chances for RICE...looking for a univ with moderate-easy admit chance!

n do tell wat course u choose n have u applied for FALL? If so How come u go the admit so early? Keep in touch thru [email protected]

Hey all,

I was accepted at Rice also with 30K schol.

Here's my profile:

29/m/680 AWA 5.5
TOEFL 115
We: 5 years in non-profit
undergrad: Very bad GPA in Comp. Eng from top canadian school
Good extra curricular activities
Work during my studies undergrad
First in my family to go to univ.
From an Under-represented country

Good luck to all and shoot me Q's i'll try to answer them the best i can if i can! 😃

HI guys, I applied infirst round and got final admit by 12th Dec. I believe finance program at Rice is terrific and I am looking forward to the experience. I have international experience of 6+ years in shipping industry. Interview was a smooth pasage, - was asked general questions such as Why MBA now, Why Rice, Few questions regarding my work profile and how I will add value to Rice MBA class! It lasted for about 30 min. I asked for feed back, to which my Interviewer said She cant give feedback but she thought , I have unique work experience and Its definitly an advantage!!!
My Profile:
680/4.5
6+ International Experience
BE, Excellent Extra Curricular

Hey guys,

I have my intervw with Rice on 8th Feb...

So has anyone of u accepted the offer at rice ?? any newsholarship updates ??

my profile

GMAT : 620, 5.5
4 yrs IT exp

Telephone interview is scheduled for the 7th of Feb... Wish me good luck 😛

Hi Kingo Chennai,

How was ur interview yesterday?? pls update as mine is today 😃

Hi everyone

im planning to appy to RICE in a couple of days .

660/f/3 but cgpa of 57% , loads of ec, and community leadership , im ustwondering if it is too late to actually be applying at this point . how does the school look at bad acads do rate my chances .

please let me know