Rice MBA 2007 - Interviews & Admissions

Hi Guys, Wanted to check out if any of you have applied to the Jones School of Mgmt at Rice University for Fall 2007. Cheers Sumit

Hi Guys,

Wanted to check out if any of you have applied to the Jones School of Mgmt at Rice University for Fall 2007.

Cheers
Sumit

Yes I have applied and have already got an interview call

kamakazie Says
Yes I have applied and have already got an interview call

What is your profile like ? And have you had ur interview....

If so, how was it ?

My profile:

GMAT: 740
Work -ex : 4 years.
Lots of extra - curricular activities and social service.

My interview has not yet finished.

What about u?

Have you applied or are planning to apply?

My profile:

GMAT: 740
Work -ex : 4 years.
Lots of extra - curricular activities and social service.

My interview has not yet finished.

What about u?

Have you applied or are planning to apply?

Hi... I'm done with my Rice Interview.... It was more of a conversation and the only question was to run through the resume... Nothing else

I dunno if that is a good sign or a bad sign...

Cheers
Sumit

r u from mumbai?

well can you tell me the specific questions that they asked you on your resume..... ?

r u from mumbai?

well can you tell me the specific questions that they asked you on your resume..... ?

Nothing Really... And if any that were too specific to me...

Finished my interview as well . It was a very conversational interview. Just the normal questions were asked....... nothing out of the blue...... so any idea whether they send the admits on the date of the deadline or is it rolling?

kamakazie Says
Finished my interview as well . It was a very conversational interview. Just the normal questions were asked....... nothing out of the blue...... so any idea whether they send the admits on the date of the deadline or is it rolling?

I have absolutely no idea on that mate. Just waiting for that email.

BTW, I believe you have a call from Wharton and other big shots, So why apping to Rice. I mean there is a huge diff in the rankings atleast. Any special reasons for that ?

Cheers
Sumit

well all I can say is that I wanted to apply to a backup school 😃

Hi Guys,

seems dat u hv already sent ur applcns. I am still held up with my transcripts and essays.

Was planning for to apply Rice Univ.

Can u suggest me any consulting service for admissions. I got score of 600 in GMAT. So thought approching with a consultant will be better. :)
Do u think i shud continue to apply for fall,or go for summer???

Thanks
abet

so which city are you from? because I can suggest an education counselor only if I know where in India you are from 😃

Soeey late reply kamakazie :). I went to write my TOEFL today. I am in chennai. Can you also tell me what people mean by transcripts??. Does that mean, getting the marksheets xeroxed and attested by the authorities? Do we need to get it attested by University or college?? Plz help me 😃

Transcripts are basically a statement of your marks by the institute where you studied. The administrative staff in most colleges are aware of how to make a transcript and the format basically varies from one college to another. Basically it should contain the following things:

1. Statement that you were a student at that institute (along with exact dates)

2. The grading system that the college uses (example 0%-40% fail, 40%-60% second class.... so on and so forth)

3. The number of credit hours (as in 1 lecture = how many hours, 1 practical session = how any hours)

4. Details about the subjects studies during each year along with the grade/percentage/marks obtained and the number of lectures per subject)

Having said this I am sure your college administrative staff has made many such transcripts and will have their own formats. So just go to you college and ask the office to make a transcript for you. Some colleges may charge you for the transcript. Also you have to make as many transcripts as the number of colleges you want to apply. You cannot make one transcript and then xerox it as send it with you applications.

Lastly, don't forget to ask the office to seal the transcripts in an envelope with stamp across all sealed ends and the signature of your college registrar across the main seal.

Hope this answers your query. Also please post such generic queries on relevant threads like the Phoren B-School Assistance Desk. It will help you in getting your queries answered faster.

CHEERS!!!!

Transcripts are basically a statement of your marks by the institute where you studied. The administrative staff in most colleges are aware of how to make a transcript and the format basically varies from one college to another. Basically it should contain the following things:

1. Statement that you were a student at that institute (along with exact dates)

2. The grading system that the college uses (example 0%-40% fail, 40%-60% second class.... so on and so forth)

3. The number of credit hours (as in 1 lecture = how many hours, 1 practical session = how any hours)

4. Details about the subjects studies during each year along with the grade/percentage/marks obtained and the number of lectures per subject)

Having said this I am sure your college administrative staff has made many such transcripts and will have their own formats. So just go to you college and ask the office to make a transcript for you. Some colleges may charge you for the transcript. Also you have to make as many transcripts as the number of colleges you want to apply. You cannot make one transcript and then xerox it as send it with you applications.

Lastly, don't forget to ask the office to seal the transcripts in an envelope with stamp across all sealed ends and the signature of your college registrar across the main seal.

Hope this answers your query. Also please post such generic queries on relevant threads like the Phoren B-School Assistance Desk. It will help you in getting your queries answered faster.

CHEERS!!!!

Hey Kamkazie bhai :),

Thnx for the details. One more query left now, is whether the Graduation marksheets shud be attested by the college or University??

Thanx
abet 😃

In addition to your transcripts you also have to send xerox of your mark sheets. Though they can be attested by any notarized authority it is better if you can get it attested by the Registrar of you college. Generally they do it without and hassle

kamakazie Says
In addition to your transcripts you also have to send xerox of your mark sheets. Though they can be attested by any notarized authority it is better if you can get it attested by the Registrar of you college. Generally they do it without and hassle

Hey Dude,

Have you heard anything back from any of ur univs....

Cheers
Sumit

I have got an admit form Boston university with a scholarship and am awating replies from a few other colleges.... what about you? whih universities have you applied to?

kamakazie Says
I have got an admit form Boston university with a scholarship and am awating replies from a few other colleges.... what about you? whih universities have you applied to?

I'll surely tell you but let the results start pouring in...

Just don't wanna cross the bridge before it arrives.:nervous:

Cheers
Sumit