Rice Full-time MBA application for fall 2009

Hi all, Has anybody submitted application to Rice Full-time MBA for fall 2009? I submitted my application on Oct 11, my application was marked complete today. My profile is: GMAT:660, Work Experience: 7 years and 6 months in IT, Project …

Hi all,

Has anybody submitted application to Rice Full-time MBA for fall 2009? I submitted my application on Oct 11, my application was marked complete today. My profile is:

GMAT:660, Work Experience: 7 years and 6 months in IT, Project lead in an MNC in India, Decent extra curriculars.

I request you all to share your experiences.

Hmm.. 46 views and no replies. so nobody is planning to apply to Rice Full time MBA, that means no competition for me 😃

I got an interview call yesterday, I will schedule it sometime next week.

If somebody is planning to apply to Rice MBA, kindly reply 😃

Hey,

I might apply to the program, but not sure as of now.

My Profile:
GMAT:680 (Q-50, V-32 ), AWA-5
Work Ex. 5yrs

When's the first deadline..i assume its not anywhere near..i would've applied to the Rice MBA prog. but I dun have a toefl score ( my toefl is 94 ) which is below their rqmt of 100

Did u submit toefl score?

I have a TOEFL score of 110, I had submitted my score. For some reason the TOEFL score did not reach them. Later I raised a TOEFL waiver request and my TOEFL waiver was granted. Why don't you try the same? The first deadline is on Nov 10th

My interview is on Oct 30th, I hope to do my best 😃

Hi X11R6,

What did u write to them for toefl waiver? They did not grant me a waiver..they told me to submit the application and said that it'll not be reviewed unless u submit toefl score.

All the best for ur interview!

I have a TOEFL score of 110, I had submitted my score. For some reason the TOEFL score did not reach them. Later I raised a TOEFL waiver request and my TOEFL waiver was granted. Why don't you try the same? The first deadline is on Nov 10th

My interview is on Oct 30th, I hope to do my best :-)

I mentioned my work experience, the companies I worked for, Communication skills such as trainings, projects documentation, presentations I gave. I also stayed in Houston for 5 months, may be that helped. I also mentioned my TOEFL score

Interview got over more than an hour back. Interview lasted for 50 mins. I was asked the normal questions:

1. Tell me about yourself
2. Why MBA? Why Rice MBA?
3. What unique skills do you bring to the program?
4. Tell me about a failure
5. Leadership Skills
6. Any questions for me?
7. He wasn't really interested in knowing my career progression, I told him though.

He did a lot of cross questioning. On the whole, My interview did not go well 😞

Hey x11r6,

I think u have gud chance to get thru sicne u applied early. But keep ur other options open as well. where else r u applying?

Interview got over more than an hour back. Interview lasted for 50 mins. I was asked the normal questions:

1. Tell me about yourself
2. Why MBA? Why Rice MBA?
3. What unique skills do you bring to the program?
4. Tell me about a failure
5. Leadership Skills
6. Any questions for me?
7. He wasn't really interested in knowing my career progression, I told him though.

He did a lot of cross questioning. On the whole, My interview did not go well :-(

I am applying to Maryland, Ivey, Queens, HEC Paris. Where are u applying?

x11r6 Says
I am applying to Maryland, Ivey, Queens, HEC Paris. Where are u applying?

I've applied to ISB, Tuck, Rochester. I am already exhausted..i think i'll apply after 1 month or so now.

Hi, I am also applying to Rice MBA. Please tell me what happened with your applications.What are the other schools you are applying to?

Hey...
I just got interviewed for Rice y'day.
Was very conversational and the usual set of questions were asked.
How long do you think it takes for them to send a notification e-mail?

hey,

I just got a mail indicating that i am selected fro an interview. anyone who has given it pls can i get in touch with you.

09821252029- [email protected]

akshay-mumbai

Akshay

Can you please share your profile GMAT score, experience industry etc

aman

GMAT-690/5.5 work exp - 3yrs
self employed-started a new line of business under my family business.
what abt you?

I am MBA from ICFAI 2004 batch, 4.5 years exp in Core HR.

GMAT 670

I am stuck on the 3rd essay.....have sent my MBA Credentials to be evaluated, once I get that only then I can apply in rice:(

Hey x11r6

Any decision from Rice Univ. I too applied in the R1 and got interviewed in end of november.

Do let me know..

Thanks

Hey x11r6

Any decision from Rice Univ. I too applied in the R1 and got interviewed in end of november.

Do let me know..

Thanks

Can you please share your profile.

How did the interview go

Wish u luck