Retirement for mods ?

While many of our moderators have helped bring the community upto this point, we are now thinking that we should also have a mod retirement setup in place. People who have been extremely active once a while are now nowhere to be seen. This m…

While many of our moderators have helped bring the community upto this point, we are now thinking that we should also have a mod retirement setup in place.

People who have been extremely active once a while are now nowhere to be seen. This may be due to various committments and its absolutely fair that people move on. But shouldn't we also have a setup in place that allows them to move on to the other work they do ?

Say a mod who is inactive for 3 - 6 months, should be retired?
Should a mod ever be retired?

What are your thoughts on this?

While many of our moderators have helped bring the community upto this point, we are now thinking that we should also have a mod retirement setup in place.

People who have been extremely active once a while are now nowhere to be seen. This may be due to various committments and its absolutely fair that people move on. But shouldn't we also have a setup in place that allows them to move on to the other work they do ?

Say a mod who is inactive for 3 - 6 months, should be retired?
Should a mod ever be retired?

What are your thoughts on this?

very true , apart from anil , and monil I hardly see anyone else ...

tahakshat and chandoo , sometimes turn up

Hey Allwin,
I would beg to disagree here.
I believe a PG member who is made a MOD is because of the respect and assistance he provides to the community ie PG.com
Thus if someone is not active now which is highly possible it would be unfair to remove him from Modding post as that would be a slap on the face saying "u not active so go back to being a normal member here"
Until and unless there is a restriction on the total number of MODs i think we shud let our old members remain Mods for old times sake as they are the pillars of PG and have helped take it to where it is now...
Just my views

Hey Allwin,
I would beg to disagree here.
I believe a PG member who is made a MOD is because of the respect and assistance he provides to the community ie PG.com
Thus if someone is not active now which is highly possible it would be unfair to remove him from Modding post as that would be a slap on the face saying "u not active so go back to being a normal member here"
Until and unless there is a restriction on the total number of MODs i think we shud let our old members remain Mods for old times sake as they are the pillars of PG and have helped take it to where it is now...
Just my views

Agreed. I did think up of that. But give it some time and we will be racking up newer mods and the concern comes in. May be mods can be moved into advisory roles.

At no point I see them going back to regular members because each of them has slogged to get us here. Sorry I didn't clearly mention this in the intial post. But I just want a sense of what you guys think the mods can best do if they are not in a position to be regular on PG?

Absolutely true... And the responsibilities should be given to ppl (like me) who are online all day and keep checking what is happening all the time.... Nothing against the mods, just that they also need to move on in life!

I ofcourse agree with the part of them not going back to become normal members... They should be retired gracefully and perhaps given some higher roles...

Eagle_Eye Says
Absolutely true... And the responsibilities should be given to ppl (like me) who are online all day and keep checking what is happening all the time.... Nothing against the mods, just that they also need to move on in life!

Astute humility I see
Agreed. I did think up of that. But give it some time and we will be racking up newer mods and the concern comes in. May be mods can be moved into advisory roles.

At no point I see them going back to regular members because each of them has slogged to get us here. Sorry I didn't clearly mention this in the intial post. But I just want a sense of what you guys think the mods can best do if they are not in a position to be regular on PG?

Yes thats what i was also thinking of , give these mods a hall fo fame sort of thing , to show how much we all value the time and effort they have put in ..

regards

Some kind of a "Senator" status would be good.
Yes thats what i was also thinking of , give these mods a hall fo fame sort of thing , to show how much we all value the time and effort they have put in ..

regards

Hall of Fame is a great Idea.. The mods can be asked if they can continue or not and if they themselves feel they cannot be regulars, well then move them up to the HALL OF INSANITY! they can always come back whenever they have time and post.. After all everyone here at PG aspires to be in the HALL of INSANITY!

also, one unsolicited suggestion, there must be a "feedback on moderator" thread, where we can post our views if we feel something is unjust... and that thread should not be locked 😁

regards

absolutely............there shud b a mods hall of fame for the retired mods.........and people like me can continue the gud work.............................wat with even maverick losing his sarcasm day by day( theres only a point till one can work )............i think its time to appoint new mods...............
cheers
Djxxxxxx

P.S. hey allwin , is there a minimum requirement of the number of posts to become a mod or newer members like me can also become one, juss a query
capricious Says
also, one unsolicited suggestion, there must be a "feedback on moderator" thread, where we can post our views if we feel something is unjust... and that thread should not be locked :D

Go Ahead :)

Keep personal flame-baits out of that thread, and I am sure no one will lock it.
djikstra| Says
wat with even maverick losing his sarcasm day by day( theres only a point till one can work )............

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ? :

I'll take that as an insult of severity level 5. 😞
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ? :|

I'll take that as an insult of severity level 5. :(

hehehehehehe..................see the difference, Maverick of the days gone by wud have come up with a funny one liner, but alas, not anymore , anyways.............u have served the pagal community for so long mav, i think u deserve a break.
cheers
Djxxxxxx

P.S. how abt a fully paid vacation by PG.com for anil in view of his invaluable services to all of us pagals

Me thinks non active Mods should be elevated to the "Hall of Fame". Since I've joined PG , I have only seen Monil , Mav and PG active on the forum. And yes, Simba too.Others only appeared snippety boppity.
Also there should be new Mods now as things are becoming quite static.Present Mods can decide over a criteria and appoint NEW MODS , for the best interests of PG.
I vote for AnuragXP to be a Mod .
And maybe few years down the line , someone will say the same for me too !!

I second AnuragXP's candidature

I think it will be a good ideas to make people Mods for fixed tenures. After that they can be retired and given a honorary rank with special privelidges.

Also someone was talking about judging performance of Mods. If we guys judge, it would be based on personal biases such as whether the mod locked our thread recently, banned a friend of ours etc. But a commitee of retired mods can judge performance of current mods in an unbiased way.

theginsoakedboy Says
Some kind of a "Senator" status would be good.

thats a gud idea...

how about some thing like a padam shree pagal or param vir pagal or eternal pagal or veteran pagal or senator pagal or ....

...dont take any of the above seriuosly , just started brainstorming
thats a gud idea...

how about some thing like a padam shree pagal or param vir pagal or eternal pagal or veteran pagal or senator pagal or ....

...dont take any of the above seriuosly , just started brainstorming

Or spamming?!

-------

My take would be Non-active Mods should be christened as Counsellors or so (if they could devote some time). Else something on lines similar to Community Leaders. We can have a seperate thread for couselling, be it MBA in India / Abroad / Career Couselling etc. And maybe this could be made paid as well. This could also be worked out and the Mods start getting paid. The Counsellors would only cater to that section or something like that.