Resignation Rejected -->got XLRI BM->Impact on placements?

hi guys I have been accepted by XLRI for the BM course but i am in a little bit of a problem. I have been working in a renowned IT firm for the past 10 months and i had put in my papers in due time but my employer rejected my resignation and has…

hi guys
I have been accepted by XLRI for the BM course but i am in a little bit of a problem. I have been working in a renowned IT firm for the past 10 months and i had put in my papers in due time but my employer rejected my resignation and has declined from giving me a relieving/experience letter. For my admission i do not require the letter but i was wondering whether it will affect my placements after 2 years. I do not know how true this is but i have heard that all the MNCs and good companies ask for the relieving letter and do a background check if experience is shown. Please let me know if you have any information.

hi guys
I have been accepted by XLRI for the BM course but i am in a little bit of a problem. I have been working in a renowned IT firm for the past 10 months and i had put in my papers in due time but my employer rejected my resignation and has declined from giving me a relieving/experience letter. For my admission i do not require the letter but i was wondering whether it will affect my placements after 2 years. I do not know how true this is but i have heard that all the MNCs and good companies ask for the relieving letter and do a background check if experience is shown. Please let me know if you have any information.

I guess, the joining letter and first and the last salary slips are enough to satisfy any comapny in case you do not get the letter. I believe since u hav a

Make sure you have your payslips as some kind of proof at least to show that you worked. Maybe the offer letter or something like that.
But dont worry, when you graduate, the companies will be more intersted in you, than the 10 month work experience you claim.

So do well at the course and rest will work out fine.

Well, i think getting a service certificate is a must for future placements.Please try to get it as it will help you to get a lateral placement.Though, not sure

by any way..is the company name by any chance is T see S.

i have quite a few friends who face such things...se..they cant refuse to give you experience letter if the notice period is fulfilled...be determined..these r just filthy policies of HR people...a perfect alternative ti avoid hassles to attain employee satisfaction..

rmbt Says
Well, i think getting a service certificate is a must for future placements.Please try to get it as it will help you to get a lateral placement.Though, not sure

Hey

the problem is that i am not completing my notice period as my lectures begin before that... my HR head tried to convince my boss to give me the release but to no avail... so the end of the story is i am not getting my release letter... i am trying to gauge how bad this will turn out for me.
debayan Says
the problem is that i am not completing my notice period

then arent u suppose to pay the money for those days ????

or they are not ready to accept the money !!!!

Find out from your college seniors about the laterals eligibilty.If you are eligible then, give your salary or apologize to your boss and get the letter.If he still doesnt cooperate you can go a step higher.tell the Senior PM about the case & convinve them that it effect your future job prospects.

Experience letter is essential only for the following reasons.

1. Lateral placements : (Since your experience doesnt count for laterals there no need to worry about it).
2. A record : It obviously gives the proof of ur work in the past year which u can anyways prove with ur offer letter and last month pay slip. (Hope u are able to take a print out of the same)
3.A personal satisfaction of going through ur admit cleanly--It's obviously better if that BiG Fat fool PM of urs had given the relieving letter. If not just carry on. It will hardly affect ur carreer.

Best of luck,
Chill and enjoy ur time. U have got a great admit

RUNY