Requesting for kind help on MBA program from US

Dear Seniors and Forum members! Kindly help me with my query. I am an HR professional with 3.5 yrs of exp and got married last year. I am trying to apply for MBA in USA for both study and better career options. Please guide if my marrie…

Dear Seniors and Forum members!

Kindly help me with my query. I am an HR professional with 3.5 yrs of exp and got married last year. I am trying to apply for MBA in USA for both study and better career options.

Please guide if my married status can be a problem for me to apply for MBA program. My family (in laws) are very supportive towards this decision.

Kindly guide me

Best Regards
Anjali

No, marriage is not considered as drawback in any way. If you go to your list of universitites websites, you will find that all of them have given % of students who are married. Focus more on profile, scores, recos., essays, right fit univ. to get admissions in your list of universities. Your status (marriage/single) would not be an issue as long as you have proved yourself professionally.
best of luck.

ankitgarg20 Says
There are enough students on the campus who come with their families and even kids to pursue MBA.

Hi Anjali,

when I started my MBA at Cambridge, I fell in that wife+kid category that Ankit is talking about.

You'll just need to be able to balance your priorities - acads, family, extra-currics, social life, job hunt - during those 1 or 2 years.

But the whole rocky journey becomes easier to sail through if you have family support.

If your family is supporting your plans, I'd say go for it, Anjali.