Request. MBA - Reality - Few questions.

Request some help please. Please answer the 3 questions 1 From a batch of 60 MBA (caliberated) students in a college ranked between (top 20 to top 100), How many Indian students get placed in US in a proper decent company witn sal above …

Request some help please.

Please answer the 3 questions

1 From a batch of 60 MBA (caliberated) students in a college ranked between (top 20 to top 100), How many Indian students get placed in US in a proper decent company witn sal above $60000/Year?
2 How many student out of the 60 finally settle down in US?
3 Compared to your prev job, is life more of happier overall or sad?

Assume everything else as average
Like Aptitude, Luck, Contacts etc etc

Please give me an approx figure. Like

phew!! that's a toughie *head spinning*

Taking into account all the permutations and combinations and leaving aside the approximations, I would give you the exact figures with my answers below -

1. 19
2. 12
3. Quite Sad

On a serious note - Dude where do you come from ? Pls go get a life as your name suggests.

@Moderators - Pls close the thread.

Other people who read this, if you sincerely feel what I posted is not acceptable, then please do post it here. I can atleast know.

To the person who posted above, atleast have a loving heart. Your sarcasm is way too good. Dont know what exactly that will help you in life. Hurting others? Cool. Anyhow, personally, your previous action, as per me was something wrong.

What you are asking for is very hard - there are exactly 0 answers to your question because everything is relative.
1 and 2) % of students will vary from college to college, hence the number of hypothetical students in the class will also vary. Then, what are their career- interests will determine the industry they go into, and subsequently the starting salary. Law of averages will give you atleast 1 student unable to get a decent job and atleast 1 who wants to return to India at the end of the MBA.

3.) This is a relative question. For everyone, "quality of life" has a different meaning. Some will be happy in the US, some in India. My sister was a Harvard student yet always wanted to return to India. Which she did. I have no such plans. But I might not even settle in the US. Maybe NZ?

You have to decide what you want to do. And teh only way you can do that is if you've lived the life here. You can control which college to graduate from but stats are only numbers and can go wrong in any year. Everything is a risk.

Thank you man for what ever you felt like sharing. If I was asked same q also, I will think, then understand, its all very "depends upon" / "related".

I know only God knows each of our destiny. No point in analysing present/past data. Still, just tried.

My objective was, is it like less than 20% who get a decent job. If so, a good guys who does not have much of contacts will probably not get a decent job. From my exp, in companies, referrals work out a lot, so unless you have some one to refer it is hard.

And reg colleges, the Harvards etc ... I can safely assume they will get a decent job if they want. The risk is not high. But, when we talk of next 80 (Say like the colleges after the IIT, NIT, IIIT in India) it might be hard to even have placement in that college. The major colleges will surely have students placed.

Reg settling, agreed we all have our priorities. My question was is it a constant burden, getting visa.. then extending... lawyers etc etc. If so life gets tough I guess.

May be if some one could understand my question and purpose better now, please do share your thoughts. Not looking for absolute answers. Just your experience and what you have seen around.

Thanks once again man, atleast there is HOPE 😃

The problem is that you are asking for a very specific subset of students in International colleges. Colleges normally do not put out information like that. While stats are not so bad that less than 20% get jobs, i wouldnt say that they are 90%+ either. Do an MBA from the top 40 colleges. After that, it can be hard to find a job. Most colleges will provide some help in finding a job but it really is a matter of luck.

Major colleges do not have placements. It's not like Indian colleges. You have to network, you have to find the job. If you do not have contacts, neither will many of the indian students in your batch. Nowhere is networking as important as it is in international b-schools.

visa is always an issue. If you get laid off, it's a big problem. if you change jobs, it's a problem. if you run out of time, it's a problem. but it is a problem you only face at specific times. For the most part, I would say that life can be pretty good here. It is up to you as to how you want to live it.

I get the feeling that you want somebody to tell you " Dont worry, anybody can make it here. You don't need contacts, you will get a great job easily and visa is not a problem. Life is fantastic here". Anybody who says that to you is lying. You need to work hard, the visa is a problem and you may not always get the job you want.

😃 Thanks man ... loved the "I get the feeling that you want somebody to tell you " Dont worry, anybody can make it here. You don't need contacts, you will get a great job easily and visa is not a problem. Life is fantastic here". Anybody who says that to you is lying. You need to work hard, the visa is a problem and you may not always get the job you want." part ....

Well, I just leave everything to God. Still knowing what you just said is always good.

Sincere thanks to all who helped. Hope you have a great time. And if any more wishes to respond, please do. Can help us understand.

there is no substitute for hardwork 😃