Reduce the Stress and Crack CAT 2013

Hi all, Reviving the concept which we have had for 2 years ! Hopefully it benefits few of us out here this year as well. This thread is specifically dedicated for dealing with the issues regarding mental stress which the aspirants fa…

Hi all,

Reviving the concept which we have had for 2 years ! Hopefully it benefits few of us out here this year as well.

This thread is specifically dedicated for dealing with the issues regarding mental stress which the aspirants face during the journey of preparation.

Yes, you read correctly the purpose of the thread! Generally , during our preparation, we suffer from various issues which tend to demotivate us. These may be low scores , inconsistent performance in mocks, work pressure etc. Etc... And because of all this, we find preparing freely for the big day, a bit tough. And it is rightly said that big games are won in mind and not in the fields...and also many experts believe that " CAT is more about attitude rather than just aptitude".....so, let's help each other to reduce this stress so that all of us can come up with flying colors this season.

The sole purpose stands at letting puys have psychological edge over others to win this attitude game !!So, start posting your queries puys and get the solution to align your attitude (by reducing mental stress) with the one required to bell the CAT with mouse!!!

PS: Don't post questions on QA/DI/VA/LR here...already many threads are running for this purpose. This thread is meant for supporting us in building up the attitude especially when things have started gearing up for the season. Also, please do not post i have low acads, what should I do ? This has been answered in other threads.

Please see that all the queries should be related to the reasons you find are preventing you from preparing for CAT 2013 with full throttle. Let the queries flow : mg:

Cheers!

A great initiative!

This is my second attempt at CAT. Having scored a 93.xx last year,I had believed that this would be D year wen I actually make it. However QA is something I have had a prob with right since I began my prep. Although I have made study plans etc,I find that I am unable to push myself to pursue QA with the josh that VA,LR and DI bring in. In a recent mock, I had a 99.9 in VA/LR but in the paltry 70's in QA/DI. Please help me find the will and power to bring out the QA apti in me as I an very keen on giving CAT a decent crack this year and everytime I take 2 steps forward, QA and the thoughts of it bring me 3 steps backward.

is it too late for start Prep for CAT 2013 ?? If you think No what should be the Plan that guy Should Follow if he wants to make a cut this Year ...

Can someone suggest some pill which makes one smarter ? 👼mg (by reducing stress, improving focus, or some other way)

juggling the job and the cat prep, makes my mind very hazy and unclear. (I will probably apply for 2-3weeks of leave before cat, if possible.) But for now, need a way to quickly switch from one thing to the other without inertia. (I know i am talking about multitasking which is rather a genetic endowment, but still...need to find some leeway through it).

I think tips like drinks lots of water to reduce stress, study at 4am, mditation etc. might be helpful :/

Hi

I have been facing serious issues in mock cats

Mainly in verbal section.In last mock cat verbal section got 10c and 6 wrong

10c are maximum lr only reamaining cant able to manage.....

Please suggest me a solution ...........

@saurabh1921

Hi all,I was going well with my CAT 2013 preparation untill last month when my company sent me onsite to Kolkata for unexpected duration. Had planned leaves, but am unable to take them due to high work pressure, leaving job doesn`t seems a viable option. Am highly tensed about my CAT scheduled on 20th Oct. Although nobody could help me out except for myself, but please suggest your expert views on how to move forward positively and fully utilize all the time that is at hand.Note:Have had 2.5 years of work ex with decent academics.

Hey frnd .. Although I am also Confused about Various aspect of Life and having lot of dilemma regarding CAt But what i will suggest you that You should have believe on Your self,.. You have already gone Through the syllabus of CAT now its time For the The Final call.. so rather than focusing too much on getting Holidays.. Make a 20 days Plan for Your CAT Revision and Try to manage it with Your Office Time schedules .. Please have on faith on yourself