Recommendation Letter !!!

Hi Everyone, Just had a query relating to the recommendation letter to be submitted while applying to the top MBA programs around the world. Actually, have just finished a long project with a client. The client’s quite happy with the de…

Hi Everyone,

Just had a query relating to the recommendation letter to be submitted while applying to the top MBA programs around the world.

Actually, have just finished a long project with a client. The client's quite happy with the deliverable. Had spoken about the recom letter and the client has no probs with it.

I intend to take my GMAT next year and would start applying also next year. My queries are :

1. What format should i take the reco letter from the client. I mean do diff schools have diff formats or i download some format from the internet and can use that to apply to various schools or there is no specific format and varies from person to person ? If anyone could suggest on the above, would be really thankful .

2. If at all diff schools have diff formats, are these availoable for download even when one is not applying at that point of time ?

Thanks,

Mayur

Hi Everyone,

Just had a query relating to the recommendation letter to be submitted while applying to the top MBA programs around the world.

Actually, have just finished a long project with a client. The client's quite happy with the deliverable. Had spoken about the recom letter and the client has no probs with it.

I intend to take my GMAT next year and would start applying also next year. My queries are :

1. What format should i take the reco letter from the client. I mean do diff schools have diff formats or i download some format from the internet and can use that to apply to various schools or there is no specific format and varies from person to person ? If anyone could suggest on the above, would be really thankful .

2. If at all diff schools have diff formats, are these availoable for download even when one is not applying at that point of time ?

Thanks,

Mayur

1. The recos should be in a format specified by the school. Usually you'd be sending a request from the online application to the recommender's email id and he/she will login to the online application to fill and submit the reco. the schools also take in paper recos. the formats are not the same.

2. yes - they are available for download. but again, the format might change the next year.

i suggest you explain this to your client, request him to submit a reco next year, keep in touch with him all through the next 365 days and make him fill up the online reco when u apply next year.

Iday
1. The recos should be in a format specified by the school. Usually you'd be sending a request from the online application to the recommender's email id and he/she will login to the online application to fill and submit the reco. the schools also take in paper recos. the formats are not the same.

2. yes - they are available for download. but again, the format might change the next year.

i suggest you explain this to your client, request him to submit a reco next year, keep in touch with him all through the next 365 days and make him fill up the online reco when u apply next year.

Iday

adding to that. if possible contnnue working with the client. recent work recoms hold more weight.