rbi young scholars

puys there is a young scholars award scheme of RBI. Can any body guide me about the eligibility? their site only mentions those pursuing undergraduate studies. iv completed my grads. am i still eligible? Please help…

puys there is a young scholars award scheme of RBI.
Can any body guide me about the eligibility? their site only mentions those pursuing undergraduate studies. iv completed my grads. am i still eligible?
Please help..

heres the link puys: Reserve Bank of India

nbangalorekar Says
heres the link puys: Reserve Bank of India

though this query was unanswered(for a year) stiil i am answering it
so that some newcomer neednot have to search

those who have completed their graduation r not allowed
link: Reserve Bank of India

Anybody appearing RBI young Scholars Exam 11 Jan 2009( Same day as FMS i suppose)
Do join me here

hi winner_iima
since today morning when i got my admit card ,i was wondering 'is there any thread for RYS'at PG;and when i logged in i found one:satisfie:
if u have any relevant links for preparation for RYS post it here.i already checked the syllabus(PDF files) given on RBI site but it's huge and somehow irrelevant also.i had appeared(without any prep even i had no idea wat is GDP) previous year,question asked were simple.just some banking terms,and some GK type..
nyway this time i am serious and wanna grab this opportunity.

hi winner_iima
since today morning when i got my admit card ,i was wondering 'is there any thread for RYS'at PG;and when i logged in i found one:satisfie:
if u have any relevant links for preparation for RYS post it here.i already checked the syllabus(PDF files) given on RBI site but it's huge and somehow irrelevant also.i had appeared(without any prep even i had no idea wat is GDP) previous year,question asked were simple.just some banking terms,and some GK type..
nyway this time i am serious and wanna grab this opportunity.

hello toxic

its nice to have an experienced guy like u, in here.
when the notification came out the rbi site's syllabus corner had Annual reports( 2005-2006,2006-2007,2007-2008 & Report on currency and finance(03-04,04-05,...)
but now they have ann report for 07-08 & RCF for 06-07

so now its a fix as to whats the syllabus

do they ask specific questions(data figures,etc) from the annual report,etc. or do they just want to test the general awareness of the candidate regarding the economy and RBI.

buddy do pour in more about the exam u gave last year...
as for me i am going for a vacation...will get only a week to prepare for the RYS exam and on top of it if they go for minute details...OH! GOD...

hey toxic whats up man. howz your preparation man. pour some gyaan buddy.

hello toxic

its nice to have an experienced guy like u, in here.
when the notification came out the rbi site's syllabus corner had Annual reports( 2005-2006,2006-2007,2007-2008 & Report on currency and finance(03-04,04-05,...)
but now they have ann report for 07-08 & RCF for 06-07

so now its a fix as to whats the syllabus

do they ask specific questions(data figures,etc) from the annual report,etc. or do they just want to test the general awareness of the candidate regarding the economy and RBI.

buddy do pour in more about the exam u gave last year...
as for me i am going for a vacation...will get only a week to prepare for the RYS exam and on top of it if they go for minute details...OH! GOD...

sorry for late rply,actually i m in my village presentely so havn't got internet connection.i will be back on 5th.only 6 days to prepare....don't how i will do it!!!!!!!!!
about question paper- i don't remember much but as far as i can recall there were no specific questions(data figures,etc) from the annual report,etc.as u said they just want to test the general awareness of the candidate regarding the economy and RBI.
when i wil be back i will let u know some question types.
btw howz ur prep???????
sorry for late rply,actually i m in my village presentely so havn't got internet connection.i will be back on 5th.only 6 days to prepare....don't how i will do it!!!!!!!!!
about question paper- i don't remember much but as far as i can recall there were no specific questions(data figures,etc) from the annual report,etc.as u said they just want to test the general awareness of the candidate regarding the economy and RBI.
when i wil be back i will let u know some question types.
btw howz ur prep???????

thanx buddy. atleast now i am relieved of going through the chart & tables
I too reurned yesterday and have read few pages of the annual report.
u return soon and shower more light on the pattern

tiil then bye and happy new year in advance

hey guys me too giving this young scholar
did had a look at the annual report seems vast
but as it has been said that the questions were not related to the facts and figures so we must put focus on the basics
and one more problem that i faced while i was reading this was that materail is of baback date so it taks about a diffrent scenario all together so should we concentrate on whats written on the material or whats going on these days this thing has created a lot of troubkes for me
any suggestions like what to focus on

Hey parth! welcome guy.
yep, the annual report and the currency report are vast.
what is the material u r having.
the way i understood 4m toxic above is that they are asking basics and fundas...so even if a material is of backdate i dont think there wud be a very large difference....
let toxic come frm his vacation, u cud ask him...he has already appeared once.

hey do you think that we should put our hands on anything else like certain magazines information through websites and things like that or should we confine ourself to these reports
hey can you pm me your cell no so that we can have a talk

hey do you think that we should put our hands on anything else like certain magazines information through websites and things like that or should we confine ourself to these reports
hey can you pm me your cell no so that we can have a talk

hey i dont think so, lay your hands on things that will give u the fundas.
net is a vast repository of knowledge its certainly good but u got to be more selective, remember u dont have to learn everything about business and finance,i believe its just the national economic and business scene and fundas.

about magazines a single issue of certain mag wont suffice, it has to be spread over a number of issues....few days left venture out with care.

as far as reports are concerned puy-o-puy i am struggling with it.wish it were sufficient.

do whatever u want , be judicious

ya.....
only god knows what are these people going to ask but ya u r right we have to be very selective in what we read
anyways just reading the reports these days lets see how things shape up
anyways i will keep in mind your suggestions
thanks

My pleasure, parth.

A national level exam and just three kids on the block....PG mein aur koi nahin de raha hai kya RYS.....

TOXIC bhai jaldi aaaaaooooooo

Parth i think we must report specific portions of the RBI doc which we feel is important.
I think the important definitions like PLR, CRR, and other such terms are important, when ever we find such terms we cud search it on the the net and find its meaning, i think this wud help.
with just a week in hand i donno how feasible this is.

what say man

ya
net seems vast i think at this point in time it is very important that we do a very target oriented study only that could be fruit full otherwise its of no use
lets see what happens
anyways let the third guy come he could be very help full as he has seen the paper once so he must be having a good idea regarding it

swati
hey frndz me too preparing for rbi yss bt i m not able to understand what exactly i shud read.... annual reports r vry vast... nd d model questions given r totally different from d syllabus.... plz throw some light on d type of questions that are likely to come....

hi guys ..sorry for delayed post.i m back now
first of all,a very very happy new yr to u ppl(thoda late ho gya)
so guyz howz ur prep going on?
i am posting here some questions from prev exam
1.what is official currency of China ?
2.what is CRR
3.what do you understand by repo rate
4.what is full form of " " (one term was given)
5.which of the following is still administered and not free? (question no 4 of model question set)
6.where is Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran Private Limited office or where are indian currency notes printed(something like that)

ps-i guess these questions were from easy one side.there were also some questions which i wasn't able to get hold of.