RBI GRADE B -- 2015

Did the tough-nut just got tougher ??

Lets leave the speculations...collaborate...and work this all out.

A one stop solution to newer strategies, views & brainstorming of brighter minds.

Join if you want to get ready and #CracktheNut

RBI Grade B -- 2015 !!

#CracktheNut

The Book List ::: 

1. Indian Economy : Uma Kapila (Series of Books)  

2. Indian Economy : Mishra & Puri (Latest Edition)

3. Growth & Development : Devraj Ray (it's Debraj Ray)

4. Sociology : C.N. Shankar Rao

5. An introduction to Economics - A W Stonier & D C Hauge

6. Monetary Theory & Public Policy - Kenneth Kurihara

7. Indian Economy - R. Dutt & KPM Sundaram

8. Economic Growth & Development - Mayer & Baldwin

9. Public Finance - K K Andley & Sundaram

10. Financial Management - Prasanna Chandra

#Do excuse for not enlisting the ref. books of economics/statistics optional !!

User A : Hey when is the Grade B notification going to come ?

User B : Check out this link.. "_________" It's RBI's official site address. It will come here.

User C : What's the salary ?

User D : The notification will be out by november.....my friends in rbi told me.

User E : Sir, do you think i stand a chance. I come from an arts background.

User F : Ahhhhh....everyone here is wasting time. Let me write a post stating what are the different types of users.

User X : Ohhh.... i need to check pagalguy...see what's cooking up ? Maybe even the notification is out. But i have to complete this chapter today.......(sighs).....alright i'll complete this first......the gossip can wait !

I could have studied about OECD or about Participatory Notes rather then posting this.......but i did this. Maybe even i am doing the same mistake......the mistake we all are doing.......a mistake about whom a gentleman here warned us and asked us to study. The mistake of not studying and gossiping.

Let's inspire the group.......lets just be more relevant and fruitful with our discussions........lets gossip but about uma kapila's theory....or a particular chapter of mishra & puri.........lets talk about making joint targets.....fixing a day for a particular topic's discussion.......maybe only then we might find ourselves sitting alongside Mr X.......waiting outside the interview room for our turn to come......coz my friends he definitely will be there.

Here's more to add flavour to your festival people..... It doesn't get any more authenticated !!! 

"There will be a common recruitment process for officers in Grade B from 2015 onwards. For this purpose, a new scheme of selection is being framed in consultation with the Reserve Bank of India Services Board and the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. The recruitment cycle is expected to shorten with the forthcoming new scheme of selection. Phase I examination for common recruitment is likely to be held in November 2015."

## Excerpt from the RBI Annual Report 2014-15 released on August 27, 2015.

So i am back with some gyaan (self proclaimed)......or maybe what we can call it in a more subtle manner.....my take on the issue.

Here's the deal.....

1. For economics the most one can do is take 3 books :

a) Dutt & Sundharam (DS)

b) Mishra & Puri (MP)

c) Ramesh Singh (RS)

Follow any one.....read it as a textbook......and cross-refer from any of the rest. But do this with keeping the syllabus as your reference. Don't over-read....don't under-read..

2. From the time of my last post and this one......i ordered both DS & MP as i already had RS and even bought Sanjiv Verma (on a friend's suggestion). Then I went for a skimming of these books for 4-5 days and this is what i have found out as a strategy :

"One can start with Sanjiv Verma.....finish it in 5-6 days (240 pages) and locate his position in the world of economics. After getting acquainted.....depending on where he ends up being positioned....can go for RS or DS/MP. 

And when you are done with these books (you are in mid-october already).....then and only then and only then......you go for the dreaded UMA KAPILA.....coz otherwise believe me friends, the essays of Montek Singh, Bibek Debroy or Vaidyanathan, Jalan will seem as if a Lockheed's Blackbird went by you...."

3. Grab your daily dose of Economical GK and revise your text......and as i have said before also , following the mantra of "not gossiping and studying" you'll be there alongwith with Mr. X.

Next update in some days. Till then get your studying pants on and #CracktheNut.

Business standard or economic times ? Which is more relevant for the exam? @The.Dark.Knight 

Which of the books suggested by RBI site are you guys buying or will recommend? Please comment?

For General Awareness section in Phase 1, how can we prepare previous months' economic related news? We can follow the current updates in gktoday and daily news papers. Do you suggest magazines? Banking Services chronicle or Competition Success Review? My question is purely based on phase 1 GA section. Kindly help.

Which book among the references suggested covers the'C' part of finance and management paper? ?

Dear All! Please tell me which test series should I subscribe for Phase I??

On flipkart, I am getting Mishra and puri 31 st edition. Is it the latest? Should i buy it?Please do tell.

So people here we are, time to embrace the oppurtunity -- 

https://opportunities.rbi.org.in/Scripts/bs_viewcontent.aspx?Id=3082

RBI Grade B 2013 ---

98 Vacancies -------- 2050 Candidates selected for phase 2.

RBI Grade B 2014 ---

117 Vacancies -------- 1801 Candidates selected for phase 2.

RBI Grade B 2015 ---

134 Vacancies -------- ????????????????????????????????????

Taking a fair average, i look at the magic number of 2000 candidates. And so it shall be.

Prepare yourself puys as this would be our first target to clear. Do you have what it takes to be one amongst the top 2000 from a fight of about 1.5 Lakhs ??

Stride forward for the battle on 21st/22nd Nov and then on 07th Dec.....as JON SNOW once rightly said,

" WINTER IS COMING " 😁

#CracktheNut

http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report-no-relief-for-candidates-seeking-change-in-rbi-recruitment-policy-2137572

http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report-no-relief-for-candidates-seeking-change-in-rbi-recruitment-policy-2137572