RBI Assistants Exam Related Discussion

The second bank exam of the season is just a month from now i.e RBI Assistants Exam so lets start preparing for the same. :: In this thread we shall discuss shortcuts, strategies and the best way to study for the next one month. *Exam …

The second bank exam of the season is just a month from now i.e RBI Assistants Exam so lets start preparing for the same.

In this thread we shall discuss shortcuts, strategies and the best way to study for the next one month.

Exam Date: 29.04.2012

RBI Study Material:

Numerical Ability- Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal (Buy)
Reasoning-Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal (BUY)
English- Vocab.- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis (Buy)
Objective General English by R. S. Aggarwal, Vikas Aggarwal (Buy)
General Awareness- BSC Magzine, PD magzine (I will be posting GA questions on a daily basis)
Computer Knowledge- Basic Knowledge will do or you can buy Objective Computer Awareness by Arihant pub. (Buy)
Mock Papers: RBI Reserve Bank Of India Assistant Exam Practice Work Book 20 Sets (Buy)
The paper pattern is similar to IBPS Clerk Exam so you can solve papers of the same if you don't want to buy any special book just for RBI Assistants Exam.
But i will recommend that you solve atleast 5 mock papers before you give the exam.

Each section carries 40 marks.The time duration and the Negative marking criteria is not mentioned in the Notification but it is expected to be 2 hours Time and the 1/4th or 0.25 Marking for each wrong answers.

Please post the questions you are having problems solving.

A request to seniors- please be generous and help us out.

I have also applied for this.I have few doubts though. This is not exactly national level exam competition right?

Suppose I am from Tamil Nadu (90 vacancies) and if I come within top 90 students in TN and do the interview part well, I will get a job right? I need not have to compete at national level na

Nice initiative dude....lets start preparations with one motivating quote

"Manzil toh mil hee jaygi, Bhatak kar hi sahi ... Gumraah toh wo hai, Jo ghar se nikle hee nahi !!!!!!!!!!!!"

nice initiative bro,,
I will post my queries and I will try to solve the same for others..

Is there any short cut available for solving series diagram in logical reasoning which are last 5 questions??
by going through traditional method it take much time.

hey.. while filling form I selected new delhi as my choice for bank office i wd like to work.. but i've completed my grad frm university in uttar pradesh..so delhi dsn't come in the regional zone.. i've made the payment and completed the registration..
i'm worried that at later stage i may face problem due to this... how to get this corrected.. dunno on which id to mail...:sneaky:

hey.. while filling form I selected new delhi as my choice for bank office i wd like to work.. but i've completed my grad frm university in uttar pradesh..so delhi dsn't come in the regional zone.. i've made the payment and completed the registration..
i'm worried that at later stage i may face problem due to this... how to get this corrected.. dunno on which id to mail...:sneaky:

@shrutzvilla
There are only two options feasible
1. They will re-allot your application for the Lucknow branch
2. You will be disqualified for making an error in the form.
IMO, the first option looks more realistic. However, you should call the RBI Mumbai central office and enquire about the same.
I have also applied for this.I have few doubts though. This is not exactly national level exam competition right?

Suppose I am from Tamil Nadu (90 vacancies) and if I come within top 90 students in TN and do the interview part well, I will get a job right? I need not have to compete at national level na

Right but you will have to clear cut offs, similar to IBPS CLerk Exam.
nice initiative bro,,
I will post my queries and I will try to solve the same for others..

Is there any short cut available for solving series diagram in logical reasoning which are last 5 questions??
by going through traditional method it take much time.

bro. there is no shortcut for such problems, you just need to practise a lot there can be n number of variations the only way to master them is by practise.

Call on this number: RBI Human Resource Management Department 22611954,22658934 or send a query using this form
Bankmein Says
Hey nice 2 see this thread.guyz plz help me regarding gk.hw 2 study 4 gk?

Read BSC and PD of the last one year, no need to do the GK related to April 2012 cover everything from Jan. 2011 to March 2012, download PD or buy them if you want.

please help i m afraid about GK section............

If anyone has given RBI's exam ( grade b etc ) earlier on , please give some info on GK part....do they ask Q frm past 6 six months period ( current ) or general.Also no. of Q's related to economy n finance ??

queue Says
please help i m afraid about GK section............

Bankmein Says
yar ek sal ka kaise padhna?

bhai log ab padna toh padega he, download PD magzines of last one year and start reading.
Soome practise Questions for RBI Exam (Special Model Papers)
me4fms Says
If anyone has given RBI's exam ( grade b etc ) earlier on , please give some info on GK part....do they ask Q frm past 6 six months period ( current ) or general.Also no. of Q's related to economy n finance ??

buddy this is the paper for RBI Grade B Exam you can go thru the questions just for reference.
RBI Grade B paper.pdf download - 2shared

nice initiative...very helpful thread..

Guys can you please post pratiyogita magazine online download link....?? and it would be helpful if people here post links for GK preparations.....
How about making a group on facebook for preparation...??

Abhishek090 Says
Guys can you please post pratiyogita magazine online download link....??

Pratiyogita Darpan PDF Download Links
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
February 2012
March 2012

NOTE: If links are dead then please visit this site to read online: http://pdeng.pdgroup.in/Index.aspx

i dont think that we have to read pd from jan 2011 just go through dec11 to march 2012 that is enough for cut off . i am going to paste the link for the same:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

download all new pdf for pd .............
enjoy.......
Pratiyogita darpan free download

Guyz i hav sum doubts
1)Wil d RBI assistant paper be similar to d ibps clerk paper except 4 d no of questions asked?
2)is RBI conducting this exam 4 d first time if nt then do we hav any link to previous assistant paper?

Mock Papers:
RBI Reserve Bank Of India Assistant Exam Practice Work Book 20 Sets (Buy)
The paper pattern is similar to IBPS Clerk Exam so you can solve papers of the same if you don't want to buy any special book just for RBI Assistants Exam.
But i will recommend that you solve atleast 5 mock papers before you give the exam.
Pratiyogita Darpan March 2012.pdf.............download it..........
Thanx bro.
Is d book u mentioned above having current gk topic questions?

yes PD covers all things
for mcq qouestion
got to this link very usefull search in it ...
Current Affairs March 2012 for SBI, RBI and IBPS PO Exam 2012
The second bank exam of the season is just a month from now i.e RBI Assistants Exam so lets start preparing for the same.

In this thread we shall discuss shortcuts, strategies and the best way to study for the next one month.

Exam Date: 29.04.2012

RBI Study Material:

Numerical Ability- Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal(Download) (Buy)
Reasoning-Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal (Download) (BUY)
English- Vocab.- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis (Download) (Buy)
Objective General English by R. S. Aggarwal, Vikas Aggarwal (Download) (Buy)
General Awareness- BSC Magzine, PD magzine (I will be posting GA questions on a daily basis)
Computer Knowledge- Basic Knowledge will do or you can buy Objective Computer Awareness by Arihant pub. (Buy)
Mock Papers: RBI Reserve Bank Of India Assistant Exam Practice Work Book 20 Sets (Buy)

Each section carries 40 marks.The time duration and the Negative marking criteria is not mentioned in the Notification but it is expected to be 2 hours Time and the 1/4th or 0.25 Marking for each wrong answers.

Please post the questions you are having problems solving.

A request to seniors- please be generous and help us out.

hey puys plz reply rbi ya sbi ki last date khatm ho gayi h kya???