Ratio and proportion arun sharma problem

Please help me out with this problem:A and B are two alloys of argentum and brass prepared by mixing metals in proportion 7:2 and 7:11 respectively.If equal quantities of the two alloys are melted to form a third alloy C,the proportion of argentum…

Please help me out with this problem:A and B are two alloys of argentum and brass prepared by mixing metals in proportion 7:2 and 7:11 respectively.If equal quantities of the two alloys are melted to form a third alloy C,the proportion of argentum and brass in C?

hello everybody. i'm varatharaj doing pre final year in mechanical engineering in coimbatore(tamilnadu).Right from the day i know about cat i started dreaming being an IIM er! MBA is my passion. im preparing for CAT 2013. As i was from a lower middle class background i cant afford to pay the coaching class fee. now iam preparing for CAT using the books from my college library.
but those books are really confusing and deviated from the actual CAT questions.i dont have a pc too. so i cant refer any online materials. i spend 4 hours daily for preparing CAT. my friend advised me that 4 hours of such preparations=1 hour of preparation by using standard materials like TIME,IMS. i went to TIME and ask them whether i can get the materials alone for a cheaper price. they said they will provide material only along with a course. and that course costs 20000! i was heart broken! i desperately need some standard books. i would be greatly thankful if someone is will to donate extra materials or old materials! PG is my only hope. so please help me! thank you all

@sairama

A,B,C,D purchase a gift worth Rs. 60. A pays 1/2 of what others pay, B pays 1/3 of what others pay and C pays 1/4 of what others are paying. What amount does D pay?

1 answer 1) 13

0 answers 2) 10

Please explain solution.

Can Anyone answer this

The volume of the cube varies directly with the cube of its side. If three cubes of sides 6cm,8cm and 10cm are taken together and melted to form a fourth cube, find the side of the fourth cube

a:b=c:d,e:f=g:h then (a*e+b*f):

(a*e-b*f)=?

20boys and 25 girls form a group of social workers. During their membership drive, the same number of boys and girls joined the group(eg: if 7 boys joined, 7girls joined). how many members does the group have now ,if the ratio of boys to girls is 7:8?
A.75
B.65
C.70
D.60
E.None of these

Please help me with this... Two liquids A and B costing Rs.100/litre and Rs.200/litre were mixed in the ratios 9:1 and 7:1 to form two mixtures M1 and M2 respy.Then these two mixtures were mixed to form a new mixture and the new mixture is sold at price of Rs.250/litre gaining a profit of 100/3 % on this.In what ratio the two mixtures M1 & M2 were mixed?

how to solve this kind of questions 
1. if A:B= 2:3, B:C=4:5 and C:D = 6:7 then A:B:C:D is ?

2. if A:B:C= 2:3:4,then A/B:B/C:C/A is equal to ?
anyone please explain me this questions in details...

solution please?

8 question?

Solve question 21

Complete T.I.M.E video lectures of Quant, DILR and VA for CAT for Rs. 100 only. 

More than 7 GB of videos.

Those interested Whatsapp me on - 9354486831

Please give a detailed a detailed explanations in this question Direction for question number 48 to 49:

There are three containers x, y, z. In container x, the ratio of

Milk and Water is 2: 1, in container y the ratio of water and

milk is 2: a. If container x and y are mixed in the ratio of 2:

3, to get 100 litres of a mixture having Milk and Water in the

ratio 3: 1.

48. Then a= ?