Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT) MBA Admissions 2014- 2016 Batch

Please follow this thread for admissions in the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT) 2 year MBA in Petroleum and Energy Management for 2014-2016 batch. Seniors Please answer the queries regarding admission process , cutof…

Please follow this thread for admissions in the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT) 2 year MBA in Petroleum and Energy Management for 2014-2016 batch.

Seniors Please answer the queries regarding admission process , cutoffs , GD/PI experiences , placements , etc.

Please follow the link for detailed information on admissions :

http://www.rgipt.ac.in/mba_addmission.htm

IMPORTANT DATES

Last date for online submission of application : 21st February, 2014 (Friday)

Last date of receipt of hard copy of application : 28th February, 2014 (Friday)

Shortlist for GDΠ (will be uploaded on website) : 7th March, 2014 (Friday)

Confirmation for attending GDΠ through E-mail : 11th March, 2014 (Tuesday)

Conducting GDΠ for shortlisted candidates : 14-15th March, 2014 (Friday & Saturday)

Selection and Admission Offer through E-mail : 20th March, 2014 (Thursday)

Fee Deposit : 11th April, 2014 (Friday)

Commencement of Classes : 1st July, 2014 (Tuesday)

ELIGIBITY CRITERIA

The candidate must have:

-Minimum 60% in aggregate (55% for SC/ST) in Class 10 and Class 12. (Copies of passing certificates and Mark-sheets to be attached with the Application Receipt)

-Bachelor's degree in any branch of Engineering / Technology (4 years duration course after 10+2), Master's degree in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Geology/Geoscience with 60% marks or C.P.I. of 6.0. Mathematics must be one of the subjects in 10+2. Bachelor's Degree must have AICTE recognition. (Photocopy of degree or provisional degree and Mark-sheets of all semesters/years to be attached with the Application Receipt)

-Qualification either in CAT 2013/GMAT (After June 2013)/XAT-2014. (Copy of Admit Card and score card to be attached along with the Application Receipt)

-Applicants fulfilling the above criteria will be shortlisted purely based on merit. Selection process comprises of Group Discussion and Personal Interview (GD & PI).

-Mere fulfillment of the eligibility criteria does not entitled the candidate to be shortlisted.

-Reservation policy as per Government of India's directives will be applicable.

CAT 2013 / XAT 2014 / GMAT (After June 2013) scores will be considered

Last date for online submission of application is 21st February, 2014 (Friday)

Please use this post for queries related to 2014-2016 admissions

ACADEMIC PROFILE

10TH - 88%

12TH - 89%

B.TECH- 6.4829 CGPA

CAT:VA - 88%

QA - 75%

OA - 84.28%

NC_OBC how are my chances? can i expect a cal?

Last year Cut-off for general category was around 80%tile (with good profile)..Anything above 85 %tile with good GD/PI has a good chance of conversion

NC-OBC - around 65-70 %tile (good profile)
Calls are not profile based ..first u have to clear the initial cutoff to get a call( which is not revealed). but after u get a call , profile matters a lot to convert. work ex is given preference..

I'm a bit confused about the eligibility criteria. 60% marks required only in Master's degree or BE/B.Tech as well??

Please help

How was the placement of the last past out batch?? What was the average salary??

Can any one comment on actual placement scenario?

i got 58.46 in b.tech..here above 60 is needed..but if i convert my %ge into c.g.p.a dn its 6.2 wch makes me above 6.0..so m i eligible?? plz help any1

At CAT OA 82.87%ile (General) chances for GD/PI call and conversion..??

Has anyone filled the application yet ?

CAT- 75.6 , Genral category, 10th-85.8, 12th-71.8, B.E-67 %. Any chance of getting a call for GD nd Pi ?

What is placement scenario this year and details of placements of 2013?

Is the gd eliminative?

Huge issues with placement. Although college is good in terms of education. Placement scenario at the moment is very bleak... only one company has arrived for campus visit... in the batch of 20, only three are placed.. If you are looking for good education in oil & gas sector then this college is really good... but in terms of placement things are uncertain every year... so decide yourself, what you are looking for.

No one from 2012-14/ 2013-15 batch is responding to queries. because students are really uncertain about their own future, so how they will be able to resolve your questions when they themselves are in a state of complete confusion with regards to placement

All the scores are considered shows desperation of college to get students,

Last Year's placement record
batch size - 13
IOCL - 5 , BPCL - 1, HPCL - 1 after college ended , adani - 2
This year Batch size - 20
Course end date - March 2014,
Placed - 3, Not placed -17
No companies have confirmed for coming, only rejections from companies
Placements are bleak , if you want education welcome to RGIPT, but, not for placements
Once there is ban on PSU's for campus hiring, no private company is ready to come.

Any placement updates for this year batch???

Short List Out..!!