R3 for desis?

I had finished my R2 applications( Stern, Anderson, Duke )…( Missed R1 this year )…rather than laze around till the decison time in April, i would like to apply for schools in R3… Would like to know if any desi had a success in R3… …

I had finished my R2 applications( Stern, Anderson, Duke )...( Missed R1 this year )...rather than laze around till the decison time in April, i would like to apply for schools in R3....

Would like to know if any desi had a success in R3....

After countless hours on the R2 appl's, i feel i can present a better application for R3 apps and being in USA , gives me a chance to attend schools for an interview ( Darden, UNC etc )...

so the might PG help me with your gyan..is it a good idea ..or should i wait for 8 more long months to think of EA/ED rounds in Aug/Sep...

Though I haven't done enough research on R3, thought I can give you some data on Ross, possibly an indication of how US schools look at R3 -

JimHayesRoss (Nov 13, 2006 9:58:22 AM)
The expected size for the Class of 2009 is approximately 430. About 400 or so will come from round 1 and 2 applicants.

source: Michigan Ross Admissions Chat with Soojin Kwan Koh and Jim Hayes

I won't give you my uneducated advise on this topic, though I'd like to point out that I have seen many candidates not taking a stab at R3 thinking 'only the best and most stellar candidates dare to apply in R3'. In the end, a lot of people just don't apply. Result? Schools try to admit more people in R1 and R2 because they anticipate less turnout in R3 (and probably many applicants in R3 are not that stellar?). The cycle goes on.

ozmba20006 Says
.or should i wait for 8 more long months to think of EA/ED rounds in Aug/Sep...

Do you badly wanna do it this year? (No pun intended)... When is the UNC R3 deadline and what are your stats?.. if you have 700+ on the GMAT, first class undergrad, just write decent essays and you *could* make it to UNC.. I know of one fellow who made it to UNC R3 last year.

Guys,

R3 is definitely tough when the schools have 3 deadlines. What abt Darden and like with 4 deadlines. I think there desis should have a fair chance.

Any insight?

Unicorn