R1 versus R2, an interesting dilemma

Throughout my research on US B-schools, one advice everyone gives is that it is always good to apply as early as possible. R1 gives you a better chance than R2. The question I have is, how much of a better chance. My dilemma is that I had bee…

Throughout my research on US B-schools, one advice everyone gives is that it is always good to apply as early as possible. R1 gives you a better chance than R2. The question I have is, how much of a better chance.

My dilemma is that I had been planning for an R1 all this while. And suddenly, this interesting opportunity comes by, an opportunity that would be a great learning experience for me professionally. It may even help strengthen my app but not really sure by how much.

So, I am torn between letting the opportunity go and focussing on applying in R1. Or alternatively, taking it up and postpone the application to R2. Hence the question. How much of an advantage does R1 have over R2. This will help me make my decision.

So, any experts out there, please advise.

Throughout my research on US B-schools, one advice everyone gives is that it is always good to apply as early as possible. R1 gives you a better chance than R2. The question I have is, how much of a better chance.

My dilemma is that I had been planning for an R1 all this while. And suddenly, this interesting opportunity comes by, an opportunity that would be a great learning experience for me professionally. It may even help strengthen my app but not really sure by how much.

So, I am torn between letting the opportunity go and focussing on applying in R1. Or alternatively, taking it up and postpone the application to R2. Hence the question. How much of an advantage does R1 have over R2. This will help me make my decision.

So, any experts out there, please advise.

am no expert but here goes nothin:
R1 and R2 differ by about 1 1/2 months. Dunno what you assignment is but how would taking it up make a difference? please elaborate? and in any case i dont think it matters much R1/R2.
my principle in such matters: professional growth is much more important.

Kunal

hey guys!!

What is R1 and R2??? They sound all latin to me. Please elucidate.

Abhishek

Abhishek Jha Says
What is R1 and R2??? They sound all latin to me. Please elucidate

R=round

foreign B schools and apna ISB have multiple rounds for accepting applications

thats it !