QUIZ WHIZ ? Crack this Online Game! - Avenues 2006, SJMSOM, IIT Bombay

RPG presents Avenues 2006 *The Annual Business festival of SJMSOM, IIT Bombay *[image] The Battle has just begun. Polish your swords and gear up for the Big Battle with the inaugural Event of Avenues. [image] …

RPG presents
Avenues 2006

The Annual Business festival of SJMSOM, IIT Bombay

The Battle has just begun.

Polish your swords and gear up for the Big Battle with the inaugural Event of Avenues.

"Trivius"

The online quiz

Can you trust what you see?

What tricks do your eyes play?

An image thats so commonplace, yet so unique.

Come play- Trivius an image based online puzzle.

Crack the picture and come to the next stage.

Sounds simple?

Just wait till you try it out.

Log on to www.som.iitb.ac.in/avenues2006/trivius/

Keep checking our website and your mail box for further updates.

Thanks & Regards,

Team Avenues

SJMSOM, IIT Bombay

START HERE

"Trivius"

The online quiz

This is a cryptic puzzle game and involves going to the next level using clues provided in the previous level.
The level number is shown on the header of each webpage.

THE LOOT

Mail the code on the last page to [email protected] and the first person to send across the correct answer stands to win prize worth Rs 2000.

Rules

Play all the levels each levels clue leads on to the next level.

Hints
  1. 1. There can be clues hidden anywhere on the page even pictures might be clickable.
  2. 2. Answers are case-insensitive. However, if there is a single space between elements, it has to be put in for going on to the next level.
  3. 3. Use of Google might be required for most levels.
  4. 4. The answers are usually words that can be found on the levels preceding it, or maybe the result of manipulating something on these levels, or the result of a Google on anything on these levels.
  5. 5. Usually the pictures are supposed to lead you to the answers but not always!!
  6. 6. Answers to some levels may just be hidden in the source code of the webpage itself.
  7. 7. The way to get to the next level for certain levels after getting the keyword/clue may be to change a word/term in the
  8. URL (the http:// in the address bar of your browser). More often than not, it's the last part before the .php. However, all urls will be in lower-case, without any spaces.
  9. 8. Some questions might have two correct answers, it does not matter which answer you choose.
  10. 9. Think beyond the obvious! some clues which may seem a sitter may actually not be so.
  11. 10. IMPORTANT: Any text answer required anywhere in the game will always be lowercase.
- All the best and Happy Gaming !!
Team Avenues
SJMSOM, IIT Bombay

I apologize for the large size of the image of AVENUES mascot in my first post on this thread. I was unable to adjust the size and make it smaller. The system was resetting the size, every time I reduced it.

Please use the following BLOG for discussions on this QUIZ.
http://www.avenues2006.blogspot.com/

Avoid any explicit clues - anyway the prize goes to the person who first cracks the puzzle.

It is encouraged that comments be posted with the respective mail id of the person, in case Team Avenues wants to get in touch with him/her.

As it is against the PG forum rules to post mail ids, please use the BLOG for all discussion related to the answers.

im stuck in the 3rd level!

soumya_mty Says
im stuck in the 3rd level!

It requires some amount of lateral thinking. The answer is not always where it seems. Indeed the entire page can have the answer . Even small things matter 😃

cracked the 3rd one.....on the 6th level now!

Thats good ! A detailed discussion taking place here - http://avenues2006.blogspot.com/

Phooka Says
Thats good ! A detailed discussion taking place here - http://avenues2006.blogspot.com/

Cracking Trivius : Let us know your progress !

Hope everyone is having fun with Trivius. Remember, the stages will only get tougher as you proceed. The incentive is being the first one to crack all the stages, the prize money is just incidental. Rack your brains, google, do anything you can to crack Trivius .

Starting today we'll be publishing the daily list of 3 leaders of Trivius. The leadership would be based on the number of levels that person has reached. Right now based on the comments we can see that several people have reached stages 5 or more. If you are one of them , drop us a mail at this id - [email protected]. The mail should mention the name of the person, the institute that person belongs to, the stage number and the URL of the stage at which you are. Verification of the stage numbers would be done on the basis of URLs and hence do not forget that in your mail. The deadline for sending the mails for today is 2300 hours. The leaders list would be published on the blog by midnight everyday.

The top 3 will be published on the blog http://avenues2006.blogspot.com/ .

All the best to All ! get Triviusing !

Team Avenues

just started the game..'tis fascinating indeed but my dopey head is stuck at level 6 for ages now!!..
HELP!!!
(I could'nt find any heelp at the official blog..nothing lateral enough for me to crack it..some more clues please)

just started the game..'tis fascinating indeed but my dopey head is stuck at level 6 for ages now!!..
HELP!!!
(I could'nt find any heelp at the official blog..nothing lateral enough for me to crack it..some more clues please)

alls well that ends well. does that ring some bell..!! ;)

hope you're 'well' 'read'
Trivius Cracked !!!

We have a Winner !!
Trivius has finally been cracked.......after 10 days of intense puzzle cracking !!

And the Winner is ......VAIBHAV DEVNATHAN from IIT Bombay !!
Congratulations Vaibhav for being the first person to crack Trivius.....your prize will reach you shortly !!

Other quizzers don't give up.....who knows we might have another prize in the offing 😃
AVENUES POSTER
Just check out the plethora of events lined up..
Dont miss this!!!
THE ACTION BEGINS TOMORROW

AVENUES 2006

DONT MISS IT !!!