Questions about MBA in US

Friends, I am currently doing my BE in Biotech in Bangalore and then plan to do an MBA in US. I have few questions about it. 1. Is getting into MBA without any job experience advisable. 2. Which are the good schools that I shoul…

Friends,

I am currently doing my BE in Biotech in Bangalore and then plan to do an MBA in US.

I have few questions about it.

1. Is getting into MBA without any job experience advisable.
2. Which are the good schools that I should apply keeping in mind that I have no work experience.
3. Are their any MBA's which go with my BE in Biotech degree.I mean line MBA in healthcare, MBA in Biotech etc and are they good to do.
4. I have heard that you should study near some big city as finding jobs is very easy.Is that true.

Any other help is highly appreciated.

Jay.

1. Is getting into MBA without any job experience advisable.

I dont recommend it. An MBA today is not necessarily worth more than the degree tomorrow. Take the time to understand the way the business world functions, your preferences, strengths and weaknesses. Not everybody is cut out to be the next Kiran Mazumdar, not trying to discourage you but a little introspection and maturity helps.

2. Which are the good schools that I should apply keeping in mind that I have no work experience.

Most schools do not assume a business background so no issues as such. Case based schools might look closely as to what you can bring to the table.You need nothing less than brilliant stats to knock the management consultants and bankers applying to top schools.

3. Are their any MBA's which go with my BE in Biotech degree.I mean line MBA in healthcare, MBA in Biotech etc and are they good to do.

Carnegie Mellon - MBA - Biotechnology track. NJ, PA are the biotech hubs of the US.
JHU has a biotech MBA too.

4. I have heard that you should study near some big city as finding jobs is very easy.Is that true.

To some extent, the location can be a huge plus. But I wouldn't use finding a job and very easy in the same sentence. You will compete with the best from all over the world.

There are some pretty good schools tucked away in the hinterland. Tuck, Darden, Duke,Cornell, Kenan-Flagler.

Good luck!

hey all...a coupla of queries regarding working in USA after your MBA
1. A student goes there on student visa...how easy/ difficult is it to get a work permit on graduation?
2. How do companies view you in light of the extra hassle they would have to undertake in order to enable you to work in the USA (as opposed to recruiting a US citizen who is eligible to work there anyways)

cheers & regards