Query Regarding Community Service

dear friends i want to start a non profitable organization (community service) for poor childern .can any one tell me from where can i start ?? i want to build a organization which provide free books ,uniforms and other stationary to poor chi…

dear friends
i want to start a non profitable organization (community service) for poor childern .can any one tell me from where can i start ??
i want to build a organization which provide free books ,uniforms and other stationary to poor childeren studying in govt primary schools . i want to do somthing for them .( they are so poor that go to school even without chappels and have rags on their body )
i have some idea. i will form a organization and request every one in my contact to contribute some money (10 percent of monthly earnings) for the same reason . i will not demand their time .

CAN ALL OF U PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO FORM THE ORG? AND HOW CAN I OPEN A BANK ACCOUNT FOR THE SAME ORG .

i request u for some more suggestions and views .

p.s. suggest a name for the same ( 10%4GODis in my mind )

where are all the anthropologists???? ,
12 sleeping hours and no reply !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HYe nice ...tell me whats ur plan?will try to do something for community moreover v will find some kindred souls for sure

hi amardeep i want to do some charity yaar . all of my plans are written in first message . i will be glad to reply if u have any specific question .
but i am not getting any starting point . 😞
moreover people are not answering here.:(
where are all the kind souls ??????

moreover what is the way to open a bank account for charity .

Hi Amardeep,

This is rajesh. My suggestion to collect some amount of money for the poor children and open a corporate account in nationalized bank. Do not to call it as organization Because organization is totally 4 money earnings. Please identify a social working nature people aswell as they should do other regguler duties. And they will work weekly one's or twice in ur office for meetings with head masters or to collect from some higher people.

We need to work as
1) As a responcible persons to collect any type of resources.
2) Easy to identify forth coming problem and resolve them.
3) should have humanity and mingle with children So we can get some information what exact they need.
4) After forming a group of young people working in slum areas to get such kind of children and we may get child labours also.

Thanks & regards.
-----------------
Rajesh K

Well damn good.... it is a damn good idea!

See, the most important thing u will need is volunteers... The resources can be collected later on and i think, PG would be the best place to start with. You can start with naming a commnity and asking the PG members of ur city to join in (in this reagrd, orkut is also a gud idea!)

Once u have that, u can state ur plans and ideas, of what u intend to do. Lets others pitch in their ideas as well... U can ask them to collect old clothes, and other stuff... or it can be like a community work, wherein u go to houses and tell the people of ur need and asking them to donate.

u can orgainse small stalls in ur locality and tell ppl about ur plan and ask them to join in. There would be many enthusiasts who would love to pitch in. Let me tell u, the more u take it in ur hands, the better it would be... forget about local authorities... Self help, is the best help..

Let me know, how u liked my ideas... Can pitch in some more if u need.

WEll thank u very much all for these valuable suggestions....
surely will work in suggested way...a small starting frm my side...as i m working in an organization and i talked abt it....almost everyone is enthusiastic abt the idea but i don;t know how far everyone can go...but it's the start that is imp...
well i agree abt money funda....but u know what initially asking for money from people might sound fraud to many people...what i think is firstly we need to show that v can do something....starting with as most of us r well educated we can go to schools and give students (10th,+1,+2 level)career guidance.....as i remember my time i was really short of the knowledge....we can start it from our school....20-30 min's lecture would b enuff...with some plan and knowledge....v can make some slides abt current scenario's...abt job oriented courses..current job scenario's...demand in mkt.....wat i think is...except in metro's...children from a normal schools r not aware how to go...they wants to become either engg or Dr.....they r not aware how to reach there...how many colleges r there....v can guide them abt the best colleges and abt entrance procedures...i hope i m making some sense.
The idea behind it to educate people...who r in line....as a start it might a easy for us too..as v r in buiness rite now...v r aware abt current situations...
there if u really make a mark..u can encouarge students to come fwd to do some community service too....a +2 student can spend 2 hours in week to teach basic maths i guess....by doing this v will widen the our strenght and make students think in this line...u can address junior level student(3rd to 6th) abt cleanliness not only in ur house but in city too....i hope that will b a start which v all can start easily at our respective locations.
Today distance can not b a matter of hinderance in any case...v can communicate..share the success and area of improvments...
V need to start somewhere.....lets act and refrain from delay:)

what is say is true... about the money funda. But then, start by ur own locality.... i bet atleast 10 -20 families would be knowing/acquainted to u. Then, involve ur other friends in the locality and divide the areas, so that u know most of them.

Now as u said, give lectures in the colleges and encourage them to do the same... This is how u can raise the cash... Some of the guys would be from affluent families. Try to make them contribute more. I'm sureu would find atleast 3-4 such guys and if u r able to plan ur mission well and get some success, u can even get some local newspapers to cover it... They are always ready to get scoop, whereever its available.

Next use this to gain more publicity.... That is the easy part. Managing such an organisation, is more difficult.

Btw, damn good, am still waiting for ur comments.

what is say is true... about the money funda. But then, start by ur own locality.... i bet atleast 10 -20 families would be knowing/acquainted to u. Then, involve ur other friends in the locality and divide the areas, so that u know most of them.

Now as u said, give lectures in the colleges and encourage them to do the same... This is how u can raise the cash... Some of the guys would be from affluent families. Try to make them contribute more. I'm sureu would find atleast 3-4 such guys and if u r able to plan ur mission well and get some success, u can even get some local newspapers to cover it... They are always ready to get scoop, whereever its available.

Next use this to gain more publicity.... That is the easy part. Managing such an organisation, is more difficult.

Btw, damn good, am still waiting for ur comments.

Thanx for ur comments gaurav....i don't know where the moderator of this thread is...but i m happy that people r still intrested in keeping this thread alive.
I agree to one fact that money is imperative...but the ideas i gave does not require much of money...it requires time,planning and some kindred souls....By doing something on grass root level u will came to know that how many people can stand with u...as in locality i accept people can come for once...but it will b foolish to expect from them everytime.
Well gaurav would'nt be a good idea to give a presentation in schools....Now the question is presentation on what...i have some points in my mind
-current situation of india (as a devaloping country)
-scenario of jobs
-Area of fields which pupil can choose(advertising,mass communication,engg,medical....whole gamut...as todays r soo many fields in which people can make there future)
-community service(joining NGO...social service etc)
-general awareness

Please help me and give ur suggestions......i m thinking of making a power point suggestion just on the line of a business idea....probably i m not clear in my mind....looking for more clarifications....i believe ideas from u all will surely help