Queries Related to IIFT Kolkata for 2008-10 Batch

Hi All, Congratulations to all of you who have made it to IIFT-Kolkata. If you have any queries related to IIFt Kolkata please post on this thread.

Hi All,

Congratulations to all of you who have made it to IIFT-Kolkata. If you have any queries related to IIFt Kolkata please post on this thread.

guys..IIFT Kol and delhi is a same college but separate thread just to streamline ur questions so that we guys can answer it aptly...anyway congrats again....and i dont expect much questions today as today must be party day...bacardi baba ki jai:wink:

hello seniors..
me got trhu kolkataa..got to knw der is no hostel..so how do u guys arrange for accomodation...n wht abt dos night ki masti in hostel ...woh kasie hoti hai....

Do students at kolkata campus also run the same clubs as are run in delhi campus? there are so many mentioned on the website...

And do we have a guest lecture series/ regular seminars??

What abt the availability of faculty at either campus? do they keep shuttling b/w the two cities? or there are some permanent faculty members for iift kolkata...

too many questions on my mind:|
Would be kool if one of the seniors could give a detailed a/c of his/her iift kolkata experience... of course examz ke baad

ATB to the seniors for the examz..

me got trhu kolkataa..got to knw der is no hostel..
Correction, that was last year. Now there is a hostel, and that too a pretty good one with all facilities you could ever ask for. Yours will be one lucky batch I must say.

Yes, the same clubs are run at Kol, guest lectures/seminars are conducted and the faculty is shared with Delhi to some extent. Shuttling between the two cities is their headache really .

Don't have time to pen down my experiences right now, but there have been one too many!

dats a gr8 news for all of us...indeed we r really lucky batch..coz hostel life is wht i really wanted ...n wud expect lots of action

about life in kolkata...day night etc....

first thing first kolkata is very costly.... i mean salt lake ...so those who believe in night life etc life... expenditure from 5,000-10,000 will do... 5,000 ke under chal jayega those who believe simplicity is best....and upwards of 20,000 who believe in daily night , morning day evening life salt lake has a mall called city centre which is our second home...and all other happening places is in the city which is some 20 mins by taxi..

hostel ... we dint have hostel initially..but then accomodation was provided for those who were keen to stay in hostel...but from this year everybody is gonna stay in hostel..and lots of thought process going on the small nitty gritties to avoid any discomfort for the junior batch..

faculty ---> majorly we have guest faculties and most of them expert in their field...atleast in west bengal you can never complain about faculty when most renowned faculty is from this state...

clubs---> same clubs here but the clubs are independent, bole to functioning of delhi and kolkata club is handled by respective teams in the campus...

Interaction between two campus--> at student level interaction is majorly thru the elected student body and placement committee( which is common for both campus)

transportation-----> not sure whether u can keep ur personal vehicles but then there is no need for it..and better avoid..kolkata traffic knows just one rule---> NO RULES !

FOOD---> in the new hostel canteen etc is being arranged and food bhi..but then eating in hostel is ur choice.. some do but most dont... food is costly if u keen on eating in restaurs...and if basic food willl do then kolkata is dirt cheap...but still my experience says PLZ DO NOT HAVE ANY EXPECTATIONS AND HOPE ABOUT FOOD....and yeh MBA hai..shaadi nahi that u all will be served food of ur choice for free...

recreation ----> the recreation room has been inaugrated today, gym and TT table there...but then i wonder if u ll get time for receration...:wink:

weather ---> do not forget to bring ur umbrella, rain coat etc..as it rains heavily then.... half of the year it rains and the rest half it is warm and humid with dec-jan cold

any other specific queries...ping me..scrap me..or leave me personal message...

Hi,

For any queries regarding IIFT D or K u can call any of the IIFT Body Holders, between 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
You can find numbers of the body holders at IIFT ::. News & Events ::. Tradewinds

hi every1,
what is the funda of waitlist for iift-d and k. i got in the waitlist for kolkata.what r the chances of conversion

wait list funda is simple...
120 seats in delhi and 150+ calls.... if out of these 150+ students 120 is occupied then story ends here...if it doesn't then the people in merit list for kolkata will get a chance....... and 74 calls for 60 seats in kolkata means the same and if it doesn't fill then wait listed candidates for kolkata will get a chance depending upon their rank......

chances ? life is full of chances...so just wait and watch the game..

wait list funda is simple... 74 calls for 60 seats in kolkata means the same and if it doesn't fill then wait listed candidates for kolkata will get a chance depending upon their rank......

How can we know abt our waiting list rank for kolkata campus???

Hi everyone n congrats to all IIFT converts!! @ seniors I have w/l no. 15 for Kolkata campus. Any chance for me to become an IIFTian?

adarshvatal Says
Hi everyone n congrats to all IIFT converts!! @ seniors I have w/l no. 15 for Kolkata campus. Any chance for me to become an IIFTian?

How u came to know abt ur waitlist no.? and is this waitlist no. is considered only for kolkata campus or taken as 74+15 = 89 as for delhi campus???

hi vikas u can either call iift, the no. is 011-26857908 and ask them for the wl no. straight away or send mail to Dr. Mago at [email protected] asking for ur no., i did this mail thing. N yes the w/l no. is for Kol campus, al d best.

n yes if there is vacancy in delhi after all the movements one might get delhi even if he is in w/l for Kol (I think so ask seniors for more)

Hello Seniors,

I too got thrugh IIFT K n raring to join ...

As regards Education Loan, SBI offers Scholar loan at very competitive rate (u must be knowing ) ie scholar loan....

I enquired SBI guys they say the scholar loan is provided by an extended branch @ institute itself..

do we hav a SBI nearby branch for the same ..

OR any other suggestions u wold like to giv for the education loan...

Thanks 😃

All who are taking IIFT Kolkata and cancelling their seat ( confirmed or waitlist) in XIMB please reply to this thread
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-...ts-out-39.html (XIMB Results OUT!!!!)

Hi All,
This question is for the seniors.

Can you please shed light on the hostel facilities we have , in Kolkata , I have been informed that Internet is not available in the hostels.Also
was curious abt the accomodation and the mess etc.

Hi All,
This question is for the seniors.

Can you please shed light on the hostel facilities we have , in Kolkata , I have been informed that Internet is not available in the hostels.Also
was curious abt the accomodation and the mess etc.

even i wanted to know this, posted the same question in IIFT thread, but noby is keen on replying.. dont know why?