Queries regarding XLRI HRM Program

Hi Friends, I am starting this thread for your queries regarding XLRI HRM program. If you have any specific doubts regarding HR or HRM program, plz ask… I will try my best to answer your queries but before you ask any specific doubt…

Hi Friends,

I am starting this thread for your queries regarding XLRI HRM program. If you have any specific doubts regarding HR or HRM program, plz ask......

I will try my best to answer your queries but before you ask any specific doubt I request you to go through this link http://xlri.ac.in/downloads/PMIR.pdf this will give you a good idea about the kind of subjects you will study and future scope of work.....

Feel free to ask

Thank you for this. Even though I am sure about joining the program and why I want to join it I just wanted to know what are the possible avenues one can branch into after this course. I'm talking in terms of the job profiles that HRM candidates are eligible for. Would be a real help if you could make this clear. 😃

Great idea Sir Ji... 😉 Was waiting for something like this.

-Can you please elaborate on the long term career prospects after HRM from XLRI?

-A lot of people are not very rigid(sure) about the specialization they will like to pursue, should these people be wary of the HRM course? I mean should they do a lot of introspection before joining HRM?

-After HRM will we be working in hardcore HR/PM/IR profiles or there may be some cases where we do work in profiles that include significant amount of Fin/Mktg etc?? :lookround:

Thanks 😃

any idea abt future prospects of hr waiting list 95 ?

my hr wl-54
are there chances of conversion as per last 2 yrs figures?
when will the movement of wl will start?

my hr wl-54
are there chances of conversion as per last 2 yrs figures?
when will the movement of wl will start?

As far as I know,

2009: till WL 75-80
2010: till WL 87

so u hav pretty good chance...congrats!!

the waitlist movement should start around 2nd week of May...

hello hemant pmed u a query pls reply

I have very specific queries regarding the type of profiles offered & companies visiting campus:

1. Do companies such as EnY, Mercer recruit HRM students for consultancy roles?
2. Does an HRM student have to compete with the entire batch(BM + HRM) or only amongst HRM students for placement into such companies (basically which are the companies which shortlists only HRM students)?
3. Further how many HRM students were selected for TAS (wud b gr8, if u could provide the details for the last 3 yrs)?
4. Does the Hay group shortlist HRM students?

Can u change stream during course
if u mean HRM to BM - No

How many people get jobs in consultancy, GM out of comp batch(rough proportion will do)
25% of the batch made it to the consulting sector (check placement report)...... proportion of BM : PMIR is not disclosed as per policy.....

Please enlighten me about the HRM programs, what it needs from me and what I will get from it and also the future prospects in HRM field
are u sure u hv a call....... i mean wht did u say in ur interview, ....... no offence but seriously u should be clear abt it by now......

lets do a bit of reading
How to tackle an MBA-HR interview MBA portal for MH-CET, XAT, SNAP, MAT, CAT 2011
Article: "B-school Specializations & Career Opportunities"
Human Resource Marketplace
Evolution of the HR Function: From a Business Function to a Strategy Partner ABC Article Directory
Human Resources Employment - Human Resources Management Employment

if you are clear abt HR gud......... if not thn read on......

HR is an important function in any organization, Globally it is a core function and in Indian context it is still evolving, many companies now understand its importance and are investing heavily in it........

If u think tht HR is cool(read easy) & u wont hv to study much......... think again
Your 2 years in XLRI will be rigorous, fun is wht profs will hv with u.......we guys learned more Fin in 1st yr thn probably IIM A guys learned.......

dont worry abt placements ...... u can choose from Consulting, Corporate HR, General Management, IR, Entrepreneurship
(read the placement report)

After HRM will we be working in hardcore HR/PM/IR profiles or there may be some cases where we do work in profiles that include significant amount of Fin/Mktg etc??
HRM Overall I would say is a gud program, (Asia's best)..... but you should understand that this is a specialized program, you can make the transition to sales or marketing but it will be over a longer period of time....... u can get into employer branding which involves lot of mktg but if u want to do core FMCG type sales thn this program is not for u......

Guys guys guys plz stop worrying abt future avenues, placements, sectors ........ This is XLRI ....... understand the brand value, an Hr from XL is simply the best in industry (take any ranking)........ Be assured that u will be at par with ur frnds in IIM's & other top b schools.....

so N-Joy :cheerio:
crossln Says
hello hemant pmed u a query pls reply

Hi buddy... it is advisable to wait for a reply after PMing the query and not post on the thread however if the query is urgent OR if the query may be useful for others please post it on the thread too...additionally you can PM it to more than one seniors for a quick response... 😃
I have very specific queries regarding the type of profiles offered & companies visiting campus:

1. Do companies such as EnY, Mercer recruit HRM students for consultancy roles?
2. Does an HRM student have to compete with the entire batch(BM + HRM) or only amongst HRM students for placement into such companies (basically which are the companies which shortlists only HRM students)?
3. Further how many HRM students were selected for TAS (wud b gr8, if u could provide the details for the last 3 yrs)?
4. Does the Hay group shortlist HRM students?

seems like u r really into consulting........ gud

EnY + Mercer + KPMG + PWC + Delloite + Hay + ABC + CBC + Hewitt + Wipro consulting - all are open to both BM n HRM - they recruit as per there requirement.......

Yes HAY and others give shortlist to HRM students........

hw many BM/HRM students - tht too for past 3 yrs - dude mere paas itna data nahin hai.....

Chill dude itna tension kayeko le raha hai......
As far as I know,

2009: till WL 75-80
2010: till WL 87

so u hav pretty good chance...congrats!!

the waitlist movement should start around 2nd week of May...

Should I start looking for a financing option, I have HRM waitlist @ 41.....
Please reply sirji.

Also, I read in last year's thread that people have paid an amount of Rs 20,000/- or so after being listed on the waitlist. Do we have to pay this amount beofre the date of 1st payment???....I f we do have to make payments where can we find the timeslines for the same???

Good initiative Hemant

As far as my 'vichardhara' on HRM is concerned I might be a bit haphazard in putting across thoughts here

However please go through this humungous thread by my senior...
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/why-hr-25031122
and don't worry nothing has changed over these two years

I would visit this thread to clarify questions missed by Hemant 😃

Hi,
Probably I am one of those very few aspirants who really want to do core HR job and dream about nothing else but HRM from XLRI. It looks like some people will actually be compromising if they join the course. Anyway, my question is that- I have work-ex of about 4 yrs and is related to core engineering. So, can this be a hindrance in getting desired profile during placements?

Should I start looking for a financing option, I have HRM waitlist @ 41.....
Please reply sirji.

Hey buddy I am not a senior, just fellow aspirant.

From the data we have, your chances are pretty good but still it will take time for the waitlist to move...so please wait till we have confirmation on the deadline for selected people and then you can look for your financing options accordingly.

Cheers! 😃

Heck I just saw the syllabus

I mean Harisson's, Park, Baiely, Robbins (each above 1500 pages) were bad enough in MBBS. Struggled with 23 subjects in 4 n a half years.
Have no clue how I got through

Then came MD:drinking::drinking:
16 hours of work n endless books.
Have no clue how i'll get through (exams in june)

Now Hemant says about 30-40 subjects in 2 years

Uthale Bhagvan! Uthale!

i just wanted to know d fees for dis yr....but more importantly plz guide us through the loan process.....where to take?what is the scheme?etc etc

Have gone through the course structure....

how does HR help in entrepreneurship?
I want to be an entrepreneur and i feel if i take up HRM, i would have to give up on my dream of being an entrepreneur. please prove me wrong :)
@seniors
are there any entrepreneurial avenues where an HR can break into?