Queries regarding Syntel

HI i am a fresher just got insyntel…i "ll be joining next yr (2006) june… 1. How is the onsite work option…how many months it takes to send fresher students abroad ??? *2. what is the criteria for sending students abroad ??how long…

HI i am a fresher just got insyntel...i "ll be joining next yr (2006) june...
1. How is the onsite work option...how many months it takes to send fresher students abroad ???
2. what is the criteria for sending students abroad ??how long they send???
3. what courses should i do to exel in syntel???1.5
4. what may be the take home salary...my gross is 2.0 L\a.
5. Any additional facts about syntel....
6. Tell me something about Training period ,the Exam....
Help me GOD will help u ....bye

Hi Dablu

I've been working for Syntel since august 2003.
I also started with 2 L / A.
I should say , the take home at Syntel is the highest when compared to any other co. that offers the same pay package.

I joined in august 2003 , was deputed to chicago in jan 2005 and am working in chicago since then.

Everything depends on ur performance.
If u r doing well,as any other co. , they send u to VISA interview and will send u onsite if there is an oppurtunity.

But there are a lot of things that count here.
You should prove ur self,(obviosly)
You should go into a project with ample onsite opurtunites,
And once ur visa is ready , there should be requirements at onsite.

There are ppl who were deputed onsite just afer completing 1 year and there are ppl (whom I know) who are waiting to be sent onsite even though they got thier visas done loong back.

Remember not every1 who joins an Infy or a TCS is being sent to onsite.
So at syntel, all i can say is ample onsite chances,good pay package.

All the best.

Two things dablu....

1) Thou shalt not open new threads every day containing the same post
2) Thou shalt do well to spend some time in the forum to see how it works....and wouldnt be a bad idea to click on the newbies link in my signature....

Girish...!

Hey Dablu,
I too have been recruited by syntel recently.. well, I am writin my mba entrances.. but I dont think I'll be able to make it this year... so syntel seems to be the only option left... I too have lots of apprehensions about the company, pay package, bond etc etc... if you get to know more stuff please let me know...
who knows i might see u at syntel this july..
take care
divya

hi balu,
i've been recruited by syntel for the 2006 session... do u have any idea about the bond... heard the rules are quite stringent... how much wud they pay a fresher?any idea? waitin for ur reply
divya

Hey Divya and Dablu...

Congratulations on ur placements. Don be alarmed but I thought I should tell you this. A senior of mine had got placed in Syntel coupla years back but he did not receive his call letter or, for that matter, any further notice. Syntel's known to do this as it was not the 1st time something like this had happened.

He, however, is working in Oracle right now and is happy.

I would suggest that u guys keep Syntel as a backup and try getting placed in some other company as well (in case things do not work out with MBA Entrances this year).

Cheers and wish u the very best.

Hello....
1st of all congrats..
Syntel is a gud company to start with..It is growing at a rapid pace..

regarding ur queries -

Onsite oppurtunities are definitely there , but u need to stick to the project for at least 1 yr.
Hope u get placed in Pune, coz the facilities in Mumbai SUCKS!!!!
Syntel has already built a huge campus at Talwade, Pune, but it will take some time for it to be operational..

Try other options as well....Syntel wud ba gud back-up any day...

On the package front..Syntel is a poor pay master.....

If ur CTC is arnd 2.0 lacs p.a then ur take home wud b arnd Rs 15,000 per mth.. :-)

Hope all ur queries are answered...

All d v best..

thanks a lot outlandish and karthik for ur valuable suggestions... i shall keep syntel as my back up for now and get on with my work...
take care
divya

It's Kartik...nt kartHik.. anyways...gud luck :-)

well... Thank you kartik... I hope I got the spelling right ;-)
hmmm... so what do u do,kartik?
divya

Hi Divya....

well...am a Team Leader here with Syntel.
joined a couple of weeks ago....

til no wrk here..the project has nt been decided as yet....so simply whiling away my time....

tell sth bout u.....

Cheer's,
Kartik.

Hi Divya and Kartik Dablu here...thanks this new year i got a chance to make friendship with u....My Yahoo ID is dablumohanty.....Add me to the messanger list ..we ll talk

As far as Syntel is concerned
1. Can u tell me when ll be probable joining date?
2. What software courses shud i do so that i can i do well in Syntel?
Wishing u a happy ney year..Bye take care

hi kartik and dablu,
I am in my final year now. got to know about the syntel thing about a week back. I have absolutely no idea about the courses to be undertaken or the joinin date.
kartik,please throw some light. And dablu, u seem way too tensed.. jus chill for sometime..long way to go :-)
good luck
divya

Hi Divya and Kartik Dablu here...thanks this new year i got a chance to make friendship with u....My ID is ************* mail me with ur IDs we ll talk.......
As far as Syntel is concerned
1. Can u tell me when ll be probable joining date?
2. What software courses shud i do so that i can i do well in Syntel?
Wishing u a happy ney year..Bye take care

please edit your post and remove the email address. Its against forum rules to post email addresses and contact nos.. try pm-ing the candidates your contact information..

well....just chillax ....

till d joining date.....enjoy folks.....who knows umite nt find time to have fun once u join wrk....

& maybe..just maybe u guys will be joining my team here..... 😃

i hav a very serious query regarding syntel, as people workin and aspiring for it there plz tel me is it true i hav heard it syntel is a black listed company
is it true?
wat is black list for companies?
how is overal atmosphre for fresher over there?

Which domain is gud Finance,health care,retail....w.r.t Onsite oppurtunities.
What coueses shud i do before training period???How long Syntel takes to dend students abroad???
What domain gives maximum chance to go onsite finance,healthcare,retail or what;..which is good???How long syntel takes to send employees abroad???what corses shud i do b4 traning ???

Hello Plzzzz reply About syntel