Queries for IMI

hey people, For any queries, feel free to ask us. We, students @ IMI, will help in all possible ways. SAJAL

hey people,

For any queries, feel free to ask us.

We, students @ IMI, will help in all possible ways.

SAJAL

hey IMI people tell me, is it worth considering the institute over TAPMI, GIM, KJ and many such institutes when the ranking of IMI is going down and of others is going up.

also, what is the cutoff for the call for gd/pi. i have heard that there is no sectional cut off for IMI, is it true.

one more query... how is the placement scene... general atmosphere? n how much do acads matter?
thanx!

guys...rule number 1 is, never trust these rating agencies and the "so called" rankings that come out. look at this way...KJ Somaiya had 280 (120 pgdba + 120 mms + 40 pgpib) and their highest package last year was 5.5 pa. GIM and TAPMI have locational disadvantages. Do enough research on all the institutes before joining. Find out about the trust / board of these institutes and future prospects of all these institutes. TAPMI still has an advantage because it is the 2nd best B-School in south India after IIM B. Opinions will differ and at the end of the day you guys should make a claculated judgement.

Last year the cut-offs were 90%tile overall and there were no sectional cut-offs. But since they give lot of importance to the CAT percentils...the higher the better. The class average is about 94.5%tile in our batch.

guys...rule number 1 is, never trust these rating agencies and the "so called" rankings that come out. look at this way...KJ Somaiya had 280 (120 pgdba + 120 mms + 40 pgpib) and their highest package last year was 5.5 pa. GIM and TAPMI have locational disadvantages. Do enough research on all the institutes before joining. Find out about the trust / board of these institutes and future prospects of all these institutes. TAPMI still has an advantage because it is the 2nd best B-School in south India after IIM B. Opinions will differ and at the end of the day you guys should make a claculated judgement.

Last year the cut-offs were 90%tile overall and there were no sectional cut-offs. But since they give lot of importance to the CAT percentils...the higher the better. The class average is about 94.5%tile in our batch.

guys...rule number 1 is, never trust these rating agencies and the "so called" rankings that come out. look at it this way...KJ Somaiya has 280 (120 pgdba + 120 mms + 40 pgpib) students and their highest package last year was 5.5 lakhs pa. GIM has a locational disadvantage. Do enough research on all the institutes before joining. Find out about the trust heading these institutes and their future prospects. Find out about the quality of the current students and their market value. TAPMI has an advantage because it is the 3rd best B-School in south India after IIM B & IIM K. Opinions will differ and you guys should make a calculated judgement.

check out these factors:
1) placements (esp in your desired field)
2) quality of faculty
3) location
4) future prospects and market value
5) strength of the batch (the lesser the better)
6) quality of students (profile, CAT percentiles etc.)
7) infrastructure & facilities
student life

Last year the cut-offs were 90%tile overall and there were no sectional cut-offs. But since they give a lot of importance to the CAT percentils...the higher the better. The class average is about 94.5%tile in our batch.

hi ppl...
rightly pointed out by john....u should always make ur judgements after doin thorough research abt d b-school...n dont go by magz ranking.....abt ur perception dat imi's image is goin down......i'll say dat though d brand visibility is low, but d corporates still hold IMI in high esteem....n dis is proved by d corporates like MCKS...E&Y....SHELL....SABMILLER...RANBAXY...i-FLEX...TCS...ITC.....n; many more who have confirmed their presence in d placement week....

dis yr a lot more co.s r comng 4 placements nd 4 nee more details abt placements dis yr...plz wait a little bcoz presently summer placements r goin on...n final placements will start in jan nxt yr...

abt d life in campus ...a lot has already been said in d forum here...n lot more will b said.....keep a tab on it......in a single line " life here is full of learning and lots of fun... " wut say fellow imitians....

abt d acads yes d pressure is pretty high but dis is a common feature across all b-schools.....v dont blive in JIT v blive in SHIT....ie Some How In Time ....imp of acads well yes they do hav some say in placements....but so do d loads of other activities like practical knowledge...organizing events...daily functional club activities...n lots more which will bcome a part of ur daily life as u join IMI.....

for nee more queries feel free 2 post....

keep smiling....

Hey folks,

As already discussed many times over,ratings aren't a correct measure of how good/bad an institute really is..because more often than not they are inaccurate.My advise would be,pls don't base ur decisions solely on where the institute is placed on the ratings.

As far as IMI goes,adding to what John and Saikat have said,the faculty we have are really good.They are distinguished people who have many years of experience behind them.That really makes a big difference.Apart from our regular faculty, we also have several visiting faculty teaching us.

The general atmosphere on campus is great..there's always a lot happening apart from the regular academics.

Cheers,
Natasha

please clarify
1. will there be no sectional this year as well . (i can get 90%+ if i attempt two sections will that do )
2. what is ratio of engineers to non eng (me Eng)
3. any sectional prefrences

regards
abhimat

hey abhmat,

till this year there was no sectional cutoff but the news in academic section is that there will be sectional cutoff starting this year. but this will get confirmed only after calls r given. hence, don't take risk of attempting only 2 sections.

there are 26 engg in our batch out of 130. ( i m an engg too).

in our batch, there is a mix of all sections, ie. many have 99+ %ile in eng n some have 99+ in quant and/or di. some even have 99+ %ile in total.

SAJAL

dear SAJAL ,
thanks or the reply .

abhimat

can u plz apprise us of the packages offered to freshers , the recruiters plz urgent coz im stilll contemplating whether to purchase an imi form

karunmalik @ Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:39 pm Says
can u plz apprise us of the packages offered to freshers , the recruiters plz urgent coz im stilll contemplating whether to purchase an imi form

average salary offered in 2004 to freshers has been around 3.4 lakhs. the highest was 6.8 by ranbaxy. compared to last year, this year the corporate response has been even better and we r expecting a huge jump in the salary packages.

SAJAL
Sajju @ Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:34 am Says

average salary offered in 2004 to freshers has been around 3.4 lakhs. the highest was 6.8 by ranbaxy. compared to last year, this year the corporate response has been even better and we r expecting a huge jump in the salary packages.

SAJAL

hey guyzzz...thtz cool enough...bt tel us as the summer placements are on...whtz the scene on the campus now....wht kind of co. r u get in...also as u said earlier abt u r avg sal...cud u plzzzz on a moderate term tel us...hw do u rate u rself with IMT...of cos...u guyz r better with FORE :wink:

Also ...plzz tel us abt the sectional cut offs....do v need thtis time.....

Cheers!!!!!!!!!

hey guitar_killar,

as per rating with IMT, we have many guys who have left IMT for IMI. there may be opposite case also. its upto u to decide which is better for u.

for any info regarding IMI or abt its placement visit
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/accuracy-25004625
still, to name a few - Shaw Wallace, E & Y, Ranbaxy, PNB Gilts ............

as for sectional cutoff, its news from academic block that they might start it from this year.

SAJAL

at what address should the application be sent....none is mentioned in the application form......

the address for IMI is
B-10, Qutab Institutional Area
Tara Crescent
New Delhi - 110016

hey IMI students.. can u tell ur IT dept to do something bout the site?? accessing it is very difficult.. i am talkin about the admission page... its not very user friendly!
i liked the payment wid credit card funda but to reach the stage of credit card payment.. we have to fill a realllly looong form.. cant we do that later n jus make the payment now.. like we did wid XLRI etc...
no offence meant..

hi geetu,
well i'm really grateful 2 u...4 sending us a constructive suggestion......we r looking into it...n surely will try 2 sort out dis matter asap..

abt d website...actually it's goin thru a huge overhall....actually its bing turned into a huge portal.....so u may face a little technical glitch....but v'll try 2 make things as smooth as possible 4 all of u....

abt d fill up of forms part...dats under d control of acads council...n i dont think it will b changed dis yr...but surely we'll pass on dis idea 2 them...

v really appreciate ppl comng fwd n suggesting ways 2 improve IMI...tx ...

ciao..

hey curtz! i was worried all u guys wud be offended! i jus felt shud mention it cos been visiting lotsa college sites lately.... (fillin forms like crazy!)
rite now all i want is to get into a good college.. n IMI is on that list!
cya