Queries abt FMS - MBA (MS) FT 2006

hi , Queries about FMS - MBA (MS) FT would be addressed through this thread. The dates for the exam has not been announced and as and when the details are out they would be updated here. We at FMS would try and address all the queries that wo…

hi ,

Queries about FMS - MBA (MS) FT would be addressed through this thread. The dates for the exam has not been announced and as and when the details are out they would be updated here. We at FMS would try and address all the queries that would come.

Till then happy preparing !!!

Bhavik M Pandya

hai....thanks for starting this thread...

i hav faint idea abt MS...can u pls elaborate...
it wuld be really helpful for aspirants like me...
and whts the cut off for MS program?
and which industry recruits the MS ppl?
pls let us know these things....

hi all,

MBA (MS) is a unique course catering to the need gap that exists in the Service industry which contributes more than half of our GDP.
Examples of service industries are Consultancy, Financial Services (Banks, Mutual Funds, Insurance), Retail, IT & ITES, Health care, Hospitality and the list goes on...
These industries have been the major recruiters across the top notch B-Schools over the years. Hence the opportunities are plenty.
Regarding the course structure and other details visit the following link

http://www.fms.edu/programmes/msfulltime.php

The number of questions last year were 175 and a decent attempt was 140 +. It again depends on the paper that would come this year.

any more queries pls feel free to post .....

All the best and keep studying !!!

Bhavik M Pandya

Note : Its FMS MBA (MS) FT and not FMS - MS

Hey Bhavik,
Thanks for the initiative....Can you please shed some light on the exam prep. part and the paper pattern too (sections/cut-off)...

TC...

Can anyone highlight on the FMS placements(specially if there is any foreign placements or not?)

I had appeared for the exam last year. The paper was of traditional pattern of FMS...full with English and almost 90% paper was full of sitters.

Attempts were certainly on higher side, avg being 155+...that was reflected in cut off too...it was 135+ (I regret i missed it by a whisker)

All said and done, I m completely unaware of the placement scenerio and job profiles!!! The first batch must hav passed out this year...if someone from FMS can throw some light on this.

Just thought would share some info on this year exam dates...

The notification is expected this sunday (2nd october 2005). There would be only one notification for both the Full time Programmes offered by FMS - MBA(MS) and MBA.

The exam for MBA (MS) would be on January 14th and for MBA it would be on January 15th.

So start preparing hard.....

Bhavik M Pandya.

Just thought would share some info on this year exam dates...

The notification is expected this sunday (2nd october 2005). There would be only one notification for both the Full time Programmes offered by FMS - MBA(MS) and MBA.

The exam for MBA (MS) would be on January 14th and for MBA it would be on January 15th.

So start preparing hard.....

Bhavik M Pandya.

Hi Bhavik,

I need to get my eligibility for FMS clarified.
I am a B.E with aggregrate of 8 sems as 59.2%
But since the MUMBAI Univ considers only VII th and VIII th sems for class, I have a First Class on my Certificate.
Do I qualify for FMS exam. ?
In the next rounds will this be a factor for selection/rejection.
Regds,
Venkydon.

Hi,

Regarding your query about meeting the minimum percentage, it depends on what is imprinted on your Final degree Ceritificate. Since you say Mumbai University considers only the last 2 semesters for awarding the degree, i believe there shouldn't be a problem with that.
But if it is lesser than 60%, i am sorry that will be an issue...
Anyways All the very best
Kailash Karthik.N

Hi Aspirants,

The notifications for MBA-MS FT and MBA FT are out..You can check up all the major newspapers for the notification. The exams are scheduled one after the other(MBA-MS on 14th Jan and MBA on 15th of January). So it is going to be one really long weekend...
Anyways All the very best
Kailash Karthik.N
I Year
MBA-MS

FMS Rocks!!!!

Hi All,

Could somebody shed some light on the standing of the MS course of FMS amongst other bschools, say as compared to IIMs , FMS, XL, etc...

Rohit Bhatia

Hi Bhavik

Can u plz elaborate on the placement scene of MS..

I know its a new batch and there may nt be much concrete info,but are the first bactch placements done or they are to yet to be scheduled..

Do full time and MS have common placement cell or they take placements separately..

Also, Do IT cos come for recruitments for MS, since I have IT sales background..

Regards
Kamal

Hi Bhavik,

Thanks a lot for starting this thread.I have few queries to ask regarding FMS (MS).

1) What is the average batch experience and its diversity?
2) What are the placement chances ? Considering I come from IT background with more than 4 years of experience.Do you see any growth prospect for me if I do my management from FMS (MS) ?
3) Have there been any placements so far ? Summers or Final ? And which companies are expected to come for placements ?
4) Is GK asked in the paper ? If yes whats the percentage and is it business GK ?

Too much to ask for but this would certainly help.

Thanks...

hey all

you can refer to this link regarding your queries

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10850&page;=2

kindly refer to post #28 by PREMJIT420

he has answered most of your queries

As far as exam pattern is concerned its similar to the FMS MBA FT one without any GK questions till last year.

There are 41 students in our class........with highest work ex being 4 years.
Their is a considerable mix of both freshers and work ex people(50:50).However like most of the b schools more than 50% batch has engg background

Rohit, it would be too early to compare this course with different b schools as we re the pioneers of MBA(MS) and others are yet to follow.

Could somebody shed some light on the standing of the MS course of FMS amongst other bschools, say as compared to IIMs , FMS, XL, etc...

dude ..........WE ARE from FMS

All the best

sumeet bhandari

Ist Year

FMS MBA (MS)
hey
ne test papers online...

Hi Mates,

Anyone can help me with the FMS(PT) help will be appriciated

hi

i gave a mock FMS and got a score of 400/700.Is that good?

Can i get some written material for the MBA(FT) and MBA(MS) programes?

Thanks

The Greatest Mad

i gave a mock FMS and got a score of 400/700.Is that good?

Can i get some written material for the MBA(FT) and MBA(MS) programes?

Hey The GM

I would say that percentiles are more important than marks.....so you should see how have u fared vis a vis other mock takers......that would a give u a better picture of ur standing. 😃 AFAIR, last time the cut off for MBA(MS) was slighlty above 410...but again it depends on the level of difficulty and ur relative position.

As far as the written material is concerned .............u cud check sites like www.time4education and www.ptindia.com . However , right now their focus is on CAT.So i would suggest that u check these sites somewhere in December because thats the time when they upload some of the mock papers for FMS.
Also if you ve enrolled with any coaching centre,they would provide u with some material in december.

Anyone can help me with the FMS(PT) help will be appriciated

Well, could u let me know what kind of help do u need regarding the PT course.

All the best...and party hard :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:

Sumeet Bhandari
Ist Year
FMS MBA(MS)

Thanks summet 4 the help

i gave the mock fms of pt only.

when i was talking abt material, i wanted to know abt. material explaining MBA(MS).

Thanks a lot

The Greatest Mad