Queens MBA - 2011-12

Hi all This thread is for all aspirants of Queens MBA for 2011-12. The season has started. I have my interview on 21st of this month at Hyderabad. Anyone else with interview call?

Hi all

This thread is for all aspirants of Queens MBA for 2011-12. The season has started. I have my interview on 21st of this month at Hyderabad. Anyone else with interview call?

Well

I guess i created the post too early..ANyways, im sure this thread will record replies once November sets in. Anyway, I had my interview today in Hyderabad. It was a pretty cool one with usual questions. Iam posting the questions i rem below

1) Why queens?
2) Your career is going great. Whay do you want to do MBA?
3) SOmeting about your work ex
4) Your strengths and weaknesses
5) What will you do about a member who is not upto the task
6) How do you plan to finance?
7) Why team based MBA?
8 )What will you bring to queens MBA?
9) Any other colleges that you applied?
10) What do you want to do after MBA?
11) Program starts in May. Are you mentally prepared for the same?
12) QUestions to adcom, if any.

The interview was pretty cool. I was little apprehensive because i got drenched and met the interviwer in wet clothes!! But the interviwer was very pleasent and friendly. I think i did a decent job.

Hope sum1 finds this post useful.

Well

I guess i created the post too early..ANyways, im sure this thread will record replies once November sets in. Anyway, I had my interview today in Hyderabad. It was a pretty cool one with usual questions. Iam posting the questions i rem below

1) Why queens?
2) Your career is going great. Whay do you want to do MBA?
3) SOmeting about your work ex
4) Your strengths and weaknesses
5) What will you do about a member who is not upto the task
6) How do you plan to finance?
7) Why team based MBA?
8 )What will you bring to queens MBA?
9) Any other colleges that you applied?
10) What do you want to do after MBA?
11) Program starts in May. Are you mentally prepared for the same?
12) QUestions to adcom, if any.

The interview was pretty cool. I was little apprehensive because i got drenched and met the interviwer in wet clothes!! But the interviwer was very pleasent and friendly. I think i did a decent job.

Hope sum1 finds this post useful.

hi,
Congrats! for getting selected for the interview Can u please share ur profile with us....

Gladly

Work Ex of 5.2 yrs with automobile company in the general maangement with emphasis on sales and marketing.
GMAT of 710
Above average acads
Decent ECs

Gladly

Work Ex of 5.2 yrs with automobile company in the general maangement with emphasis on sales and marketing.
GMAT of 710
Above average acads
Decent ECs

Hi Reconadi,

I am trying to know more about Queen's MBA program. I believe you would have done your set of research about the same. May I request you to answer the following questions for me.

1. Do you have any info about the current class profile and last year placement stats as I could not find the same on Queen's web portal?

2. Which stream are you planning to specialize in and what specialization according to you is Queen's MBA renowned for?

3. Please also put forward your reasons to apply at queens, are you applying to any other canadian schools as well.

I have heard that Queen's MBA is good for consulting and also that many IT consulting firms like Accenture and Deloitte recruit from Queen's. Do you have any thing to add on this.

Thanks in advance mate.

PS: My GMAT : 710, 4+ year in IT with two MNCs, Future Goal: IT Strategy consulting.
Hi Reconadi,

I am trying to know more about Queen's MBA program. I believe you would have done your set of research about the same. May I request you to answer the following questions for me.

1. Do you have any info about the current class profile and last year placement stats as I could not find the same on Queen's web portal?

2. Which stream are you planning to specialize in and what specialization according to you is Queen's MBA renowned for?

3. Please also put forward your reasons to apply at queens, are you applying to any other canadian schools as well.

I have heard that Queen's MBA is good for consulting and also that many IT consulting firms like Accenture and Deloitte recruit from Queen's. Do you have any thing to add on this.

Thanks in advance mate.

PS: My GMAT : 710, 4+ year in IT with two MNCs, Future Goal: IT Strategy consulting.

1) Current class profile afaik is 40% student base outside canada, 32% female, 10-15% Indians, mostly from IT background.If my memory serves right, the average work ex is around 4 to 4.5 years

2) Queens offers general MBA program and they are known for that only.

3) Im applying to queens coz i like its team based MBA approach and the coaching culture. I feel these can add much value. Also, the duration is only an year. Last year, 90% students got placed within 6 months of graduation. Remaining 10% have 6 months more to search for job.

4) Im not applying to any other canadian schools. If you are targeting consulting post your MBA, i suggest you look into IVEY too. Iam not very sure of the companies that recruit from Queens. If i know, i will surely share the info with you.

@reconadi
which other schools are u applying?
u have a good gmat and work ex

Hi

Iam actually contemplating a lot.But, iam definetly going for a one year MBA. Im looking at ISB ( reapplicant) , IIMC PGPEX, few UK universities( tier 1 and tier 2), will consider Nanyang and NUS too. But frankly, im yet to do research on singapore universities.

Hi all

Good news.I got selected for Queens MBA 😃

Aditya

Hi all

Good news.I got selected for Queens MBA 😃

Aditya

hey Congrats !!we will be looking forward to ur post admission phase experiences....

Me too: got the soft copy of the letters today.

digitaldogra Says
Me too: got the soft copy of the letters today.

Congrats Dogra,

Have you made up your mind? Whats your profile? What other colleges are you targetting?

Aditya B

Thanks, Aditya.
Yup- I have made up my mind.
Apart from QSB, I applied to
:AIM Manila 1 Yr MM Program/ Got selected.
:Edinburgh Business School/ Application under process

My Profile:
- QA Manager, Desktop Software Product Co(MNC)
- 9 years of experience(3.5 yrs of managerial
experience).
- GMAT 670, essay 5.
- TOEFL: 108
- Graduation: BE Jadavpur University, 2.9 GPA
- Certifications: PMP, Stanford Certified Project Manager
- Extracurriculars: Tabla, Himalayan Travel and Study.

What are you thinking about QSB?

Thanks, Aditya.
Yup- I have made up my mind.
Apart from QSB, I applied to
:AIM Manila 1 Yr MM Program/ Got selected.
:Edinburgh Business School/ Application under process

My Profile:
- QA Manager, Desktop Software Product Co(MNC)
- 9 years of experience(3.5 yrs of managerial
experience).
- GMAT 670, essay 5.
- TOEFL: 108
- Graduation: BE Jadavpur University, 2.9 GPA
- Certifications: PMP, Stanford Certified Project Manager
- Extracurriculars: Tabla, Himalayan Travel and Study.

What are you thinking about QSB?

Not very sure. I badly need scholarship w/o which it will be really tough for me to arrange finances. The program is really costly as you know :shocked:

hey guys wanna ask two points abt QBS:

1: is there option of internship ?
2: what are the chances of getting scholarship in second round ?

hey guys wanna ask two points abt QBS:

1: is there option of internship ?
2: what are the chances of getting scholarship in second round ?

Hey ISBLBS( like your Id 😁 )

1) there is no option of internship at Queens. I got it clarified during my interview

2) I think the chance of getting schols is same in first and second rounds.

Hi,

I have also received my soft copy of the letter for Queen's MBA 2011 session.

Thanks
Anuj

Hi,

I have also received my soft copy of the letter for Queen's MBA 2011 session.

Thanks
Anuj

Congrats Anuj

For the benefit of those who visit the thread latter, can youpost your profile and your interview experience?

Hello All,

I have also received my soft copy of the letter for Queen's MBA 2011 session with 5K schol.

The list of accepted students looks like:
Aditya
Digital Dogra
Anuj
Pritesh
------------
Short Profile:
GMAT: 670/6.0
Well am an IIM ----- IT Indian Male .......
Work Ex: almost 5.5 by the time I join .... , 2+ yrs of international work exposure ....

And now that I have recd It , have a number of questions that's twisting my brain.......

Does anyone know the placement scenario for the current batch ... I mean what is being done and all ......

From Loans to Visa to placement ...... time to gear up for the discussion .

Cheers
Pritesh