Q50 V45 - 770 in GMAT

Hi guys… Wrote GMAT today… scored an unexpected 770!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t: :: :: :: :: :: My prep materials: 1) OG 12th edition 2) 700-800 club material 3) GMATPrep 4) Manhattan SC guide Of course, months o…

Hi guys...
Wrote GMAT today... scored an unexpected 770!!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

My prep materials:
1) OG 12th edition
2) 700-800 club material
3) GMATPrep
4) Manhattan SC guide

Of course, months of doing quant on the official quant thread for CAT preparation really helped me a lot. After coming back from the US in May 2009, I decided to write CAT. But, with 5 years of experience, I thought writing GMAT would make more sense (I have written CAT also, but that's a tragic story :oops:). I was mostly doing CAT quant up until CAT day with a little verbal here and there from OG. Did not focus on verbal that much.

After CAT on Dec 2, I started studying intensively for GMAT. Mostly concentrated on SC since CR and RC are something you cannot improve significantly. Manhattan SC guide was very helpful in getting the basics right and 700-800 material was very helpful in getting to know how to handle different SC types.

Took GMATPrep test around 4 times with scores hovering around 710 to 740.

Thanks to everyone at PG who directly or indirectly helped me attain this score.

Naren.

PS: I'm always ready to help fellow puys with your preparation, but requests for actual GMAT questions will not be entertained. PM me if you need help, but do NOT share email IDs on this thread.

Congrats for securing 770...

Hi guys...

My prep materials:
1) OG 12th edition
2) 700-800 club material
3) GMATPrep
4) Manhattan SC guide

Of course, months of doing quant on the official quant thread for CAT preparation really helped me a lot. After coming back from the US in May 2009, I decided to write CAT. But, with 5 years of experience, I thought writing GMAT would make more sense (I have written CAT also, but that's a tragic story :oops:). I was mostly doing CAT quant up until CAT day with a little verbal here and there from OG. Did not focus on verbal that much.

After CAT on Dec 2, I started studying intensively for GMAT. Mostly concentrated on SC since CR and RC are something you cannot improve significantly. Manhattan SC guide was very helpful in getting the basics right and 700-800 material was very helpful in getting to know how to handle different SC types.

Thanks to everyone at PG who directly or indirectly helped me attain this score.

Naren.

PS: I'm always ready to help fellow puys with your preparation, but requests for actual GMAT questions will not be entertained. PM me if you need help, but do NOT share email IDs on this thread.

Hi Naren,
Kudos on your achievement !

Do share your profile and the schools you are targetting.

All the best for apps.

congrats buddy...great performance:-P
770 w:wow::wow::wow:w you've killed GMAT buddy
great VA score:cheerio:
all the best for your future endeavours
:cheers:

Dude,

awesome score.....

Ppl will look upto u fr sure fr gyaan....

Congos and wish u all the luck....

Congratulations Naren!! 770 is a great score.
I'm planning on taking GMAT early next year. I may sound a layman but can you please clarify whats 700-800 club material?

Thanks!

congratulation Naren....

whats 700-800 Material and from where i can get it?? and fromwhere i can get GMAT prep material???

Once again congratulations to you. Also please keep posting the institutes you are planning to target....

Hi guys...

My prep materials:
1) OG 12th edition
2) 700-800 club material
3) GMATPrep
4) Manhattan SC guide

Naren.

Hi Naren,
Congrats for the wonderful GMAT score!! :clap:
Could you please tell me more about the "700-800 club material" that you've mentioned... Is it a book? Where can one find it?

Also can you tell me whether it is better to begin GMAT preparation with OG12 or with one of the Kaplan books?
congratulation Naren....

whats 700-800 Material and from where i can get it?? and fromwhere i can get GMAT prep material???

Once again congratulations to you. Also please keep posting the institutes you are planning to target....

Dood...can you answer the question above?
PAG@LGUY Says
Dood...can you answer the question above?

Hi PAG@LGUY, I got this material from one of my friends and found it to be very useful for verbal... You can PM me your email ID and I'll send it to you...

Hi Naren,
Can you throw some light on the difficulty level of the Quant and Verbal questions in tha actual GMAT as compared to those which are present in GMAT Prep software .

Thanks !

@arnabray07 - I found the difficulty level of GMAT to be the same as GMATPrep if not more - this applies to quant as well as verbal.

Naren

Congrats !!!:clap:
Can u pls share the material u have.If intrested pls let me know

Congrats !! pls Let me know if its possible to share matrial.
Pls give list of Coaching institues in chennai for GMAT ,their location and fee charged by them.

can you please give links of some ebooks sites which would be helpful .Thanks

naren
i had sent u a Pm with id, please send me the material

I have sent you a PM with my email id. Please send the material.

congrats buddy.

Hello,

Hey Guys How u all doing...

Altogether My preparation for GMAT is on right track but not feel i need more practice to break the mark..
Will u please send me the Bunch of that 700-800 level questions...
A better material is required for the rusty skills...