[Puyscars] PaGaL Awards 2008-09 - The Discussions

[image] *Puyscars 2008-09 is here :: :: * This year we have made it easier for you to give in your nominations and you can give them anytime before 10 AM , 23rd May. The announcement of the winners will be made at the All India PG Mee…

To hell with Foscars, Jhelu-Fare, KOFTA and the ilk ..... the Big Daddy of 'em all ... Puyscars are here!!!

With a new and improved application for this year's nominations, its going to be one helluva ride which culminates when it reaches its destination at Puymania 6. :grin:

The categories are very well spread out and it'll be absolute fun to follow these awards. :)

May the Best Man/Woman win!!!

ps - will be missing AIPGM!!!

me too!

Space Booked

Me too! Space booked. But for what?
Will figure out later.

Hail PuyScars.

Lets start of with a PJ...that too a dumb one:

Q. Why were the winners of this awards very Ugly?
A: Because they had a lot of Puy-Scars on their face
After fighting with other Puys to win the awards

Laters.
BLUFF:drinking:

This space is kitaabed...

erm... as Bluffu says, but for what? Letsee...

Regards,
Grondmaster

Edit...

Have entered my opinions... but unfortunately most of them have been 'NA' as I wasn't as regular this season as the previous two seasons... - Gronde

Edit 2 - Gaffe - Popular Awards ke title mein GMAT Section Awards aa raha hai... kripaya change karen... - Gronde

some hands down winners IMHO..

SB hit : 3rd August.. when SB was crucified.. only to be reincarnated. (Thank you HQ) (please excuse the verbiage.. melodrama )

networked user : sgs :wow:

I want to nominate made_for_iims for the special mention category.. for grit, guts and glory

most missed user on SB : for me.. it's a 4 way tie between sumitrocks, diablorulez, harsharocks and rani_das

will add later

space booked 😉

hum sab space kyu book kar rahe hai :o

btw ant way to see the votes of others.....
cos often by seeing other ppl votes help us decide ours :new-silly:

@Sarvshwet

The whole exercise is to keep the voting away from any external influences..

Jaagoraeeeee

The link's not working! A. la our own electronic voting machines! Elections- Indian style .
Query: Can one nominate oneself?

PS: Finally entered the page. 😃

Exactly.. External Influences can be harmful ..

Query: Can one nominate oneself?

To this nikhil replied last year..
"Yes. It is.. But you don't want to project yourself as a narcissist by overdoing it. .Do you? " :biggrin:

Hey that link is not working. After clicking that link, home page appears but when click on nomination's link, it says please login.Even after login, it keeps on saying that.
Please look into this.

@Sarvshwet

Jaagoraeeeee

I think the entire masti and charm lied in knowing who others voted for and why.. In fact, many awards (example the best post award etc.) last yr came to the notice of less active puys because of this feature. 😐 Maybe we should rethink...

Garnering entries for all awards would be difficult otherwise...

Nevertheless, Puyscars are here... Hola
Hey that link is not working. After clicking that link, home page appears but when click on nomination's link, it says please login.Even after login, it keeps on saying that.
Please look into this.

yep yep..facing the same problem. Also, when i try to login on Puyscars homepage, it takes me to the forums page..

How about developing online electronic voting machines? We must be having enough coders on our rolls to do the honours & earn some kudos perhaps, aka election commission of India.

I think it makes more sense to have secret ballots like this year. Otherwise, people do tend to go for 'popular' candidates a bit more. :)

This system sounds the most fair, and kudos to PG for bringing it forth. :thumbsup:

P.S. Shouldn't there also be a category for 'most valuable suggestion', mods? I'm sure there have been instances of people providing suggestions that you've been able to use to make PG better. Of course, to make it more fair maybe this could be a 'Mods' choice' award or something. :)

P.P.S. Good luck, candidates!

Puyscarsss...!!!

Wish I coud have one..!!

Hail Insanity...!

-Spirit!!
Peeps having login problems, can you please tell me the version and name of the browser you are using and OS?

Cheers,
Rohit

Browser: Internet Eeplorer 8

Hola!!

missed the thread those were the days of last year

good to see the process is improving..

Gas ki booking agnecy :sneaky: is also bad manners :nono:

All the best to all

wow, i opened the link and closed it asap...nominations hai ya question paper :P

Possibly you guys could do it like that *shudder* avatar thingy...give us a few options to vote