Puys with 98+ no calls and did not apply to allied schools

Hi, Puys who scored above 99 or 98 and did not apply to other elite colleges because you were expecting multiple IIM calls on your performance; please post your CAT scores and institutes you want to apply to now. MODS and others: Befor…

Hi,

Puys who scored above 99 or 98 and did not apply to other elite colleges because you were expecting multiple IIM calls on your performance; please post your CAT scores and institutes you want to apply to now.

MODS and others: Before you think its a waste of bandwidth, please consider that no one knew the IIMs would come up with such criteria this yr.
It will make a lot of difference to such puys if by any chance, we get to apply again.

I am not going to condemn IIM's process or have a debate whether past acads should be given weightage or not. These things are done and cannot be changed. Our circle of influence is to try and that is what we are going to do.

What can be done now :
Well, if there is a substantial pool of folks who did not apply earlier, but would like to do so now, we can collectively contact the institutes.

Please post replies...

Hi,

Puys who scored above 99 or 98 and did not apply to other elite colleges because you were expecting multiple IIM calls on your performance; please post your CAT scores and institutes you want to apply to now.

MODS and others: Before you think its a waste of bandwidth, please consider that no one knew the IIMs would come up with such criteria this yr.
It will make a lot of difference to such puys if by any chance, we get to apply again.

I am not going to condemn IIM's process or have a debate whether past acads should be given weightage or not. These things are done and cannot be changed. Our circle of influence is to try and that is what we are going to do.

What can be done now :
Well, if there is a substantial pool of folks who did not apply earlier, but would like to do so now, we can collectively contact the institutes.

Please post replies...

Well.... I scored 96.6 percentile, and I have no regrets about that score. But, honestly the criteria for calls by the IIMs is quite surprising, thereby making us wonder, whether a person without an excellent profile should even bother to take up CAT. I mean even at 99.4 and balanced sectionals, I have friends with no IIM calls yet. If at all they had things in mind to keep the academics weightage so high, they should have told or hinted some information regarding it(iim kozhikode was totally unexpected). And also, I dont quite understand the logic of taking up the weightage of 10th class marks. Its been at least 6-7 years for most of the people since then. An average family background student may have scored 73 percent and may have later picked up well in his career but still can't dream of landing up at IIMs. Its pretty unfair in that sense. It was my final attempt this year and I have no regrets about not making it to the IIMs( may be in the next life :)).
I also dont have any offences to anyone. I am just expressing this on behalf of many people, who may not have been that bad after all to be ignored at 99.4. Rest is everyone else's opinion.

@bsamridhi: Thanks for your concern. I know it is a life devastating situations that the IIMs have put us in. But there is no way we can change things ( atleast not in this academic cycle). Incase you know people with high percentiles who did not apply to other colleges like MDI and NITIE, plz inform them to post here...

Thanks

10 th and 12 th marks are important to see whether the candidate is consistent in performance and i think it is reasonable to include them.

@DUK3 & sudhamsh : Guys we are not discussing what is right and what is wrong. Nor does it makes any diff now.

If you can, please help us by letting those people know who could not secure a call even after a high percentile and who did not apply to other institutes. Thanks

I think my first post is not very clear....

I want people like me (99+) who did not apply to NITIE, MDI but want to do so now to come together and write a common request to the institute.

Chances are that this attempt will be in vain, but i want to try once rather than waste a yr for the same institutes. The IIMs wont call next yr as well.

If we have 10-20 people in 99+ bracket, our request can have some weight. Or so i hope.

We can open another thread for venting purposes as well

overall 99.34
DI 93.82
quants 98.03
VA 98.75

10th 81
12th 82
CGPA 7.84 (at the time of filling CAT form)

i did not apply to NITIE (i sincerely hope i get a chance now)
i have applied for MDI

I think my first post is not very clear....

I want people like me (99+) who did not apply to NITIE, MDI but want to do so now to come together and write a common request to the institute.

Chances are that this attempt will be in vain, but i want to try once rather than waste a yr for the same institutes. The IIMs wont call next yr as well.

Pulkit I appreciate your effort a lot. Its a real good initiative. I myself am one of the fellows who has got good percentile with low acads. Infact very poor acads. But fortunately i was able to forsee my situation and have applied to mdi and nitie. In fact i was careful enough to apply to not cat based institutes also. Anyways, people do come forward and unite together if u want to save an year for yourself. I myself am giving cat for the 4th time this time and let me tell you nothing hurts you more than realising that one more year of your short life went down the drain , simply trying to put together a decent career ahead for yourself. All the best to u guys.
Artaxerxes Says
Pulkit I appreciate your effort a lot. Its a real good initiative. I myself am one of the fellows who has got good percentile with low acads. Infact very poor acads. But fortunately i was able to forsee my situation and have applied to mdi and nitie. In fact i was careful enough to apply to not cat based institutes also. Anyways, people do come forward and unite together if u want to save an year for yourself. I myself am giving cat for the 4th time this time and let me tell you nothing hurts you more than realising that one more year of your short life went down the drain , simply trying to put together a decent career ahead for yourself. All the best to u guys.

It was prudent of you to foresee the unpredictible. It is my third attempt at CAT and after 2 yrs of work ex i just wanted to get into an IIM. In light of the new criteria being applied, nothing remains but an attempt to save 1 more yr.

overall 99.34
DI 93.82
quants 98.03
VA 98.75

10th 81
12th 82
CGPA 7.84 (at the time of filling CAT form)

i did not apply to NITIE (i sincerely hope i get a chance now)
i have applied for MDI

I am waiting for a few more replies and then we can get our request to the admissions office at NITIE.

Me another Puy.

OA - 99.8
Verbal - 98.99
DI - 99.85
Quants - 92.83

10th - 84%
12th - 74%
Grad - 81%

Work Ex. - 3.2 years (current - Samsung India)

Regards
Rudranil

Hi all,
My frnd has also got oa=98.08 percentile(with 90 percentile in each section), he hasn't applied to any colleges and would wish to apply to nitie , mdi , sp jain and imi....

He has good acads and 2 yrs work ex...
It would be good if anything of this sort happens...

Great u guys!! Hope a lot of people turn up and get our voices heard. But for that, this link shud get popular. 😞 Let everyone know that there is a link like this for an appeal.

getting to post on pg after a long time...... din expect it will be on this thread..... :shocked:
overall : 98.5
quant :82.2
d.i : 96.6
verbal: 99.18
xth : 94%
xii: 94%
grad: 7.7 cgpa
work exp : 7 months as of now in shipbuilding industry(dunno if tht will be considerd)
din apply to any institute
anywasy lets hope for the best...cheers

Thanks for the replies guys. Lets collect as many people as we can in 1-2 days and put our request forward to the institutes.

We can email individually to the admissions cell and a collective email containing all the registration nos. Then we will also call up the office regarding the emails.

Meanwhile, any puy in Gurgaon/Mumbai will be able to help us more.

Hi,

My scores
OA----->98.4
VERBAL->88.01
QUANT-->97.99
DI------->98.39

X----->87%(CBSE)
XII---->95.2%
B.E---->7.15/10

WRK EX-->6 months

Applied to MDI
but havnt applied to NITIE

OA: 99.01

VA:99.18
DI: 98.39
QA: 83

10th: 74
12th: 74
Grads(BCA): 3.75/4(CGPA)

Wish I cud apply to MDI/IMI/SP Jain...

Good Initiative...:-P

Hi ALL,

I just wanted to say,that all such discussion about CAT being unfair,requesting colleges to lax their stringent deadlines will be a matter of waste.........Really puys,i can undrstand your feelings and share similar viewpoints....but please do accept that we are all in the RECEIVING END of the IIM MONOPOLY.....the AUTHORITATIVE atmosphere.........

Well if DOC gets 93%ile in CAT10,i don't see any reason in CAT's fallacy to SCALE and NORMALIZE scores......but do realize this " CAT IS NOT THE END OF ROAD"..

If you are disappointed,go out....improve your PROFILE, target all other exams next year.....and continue gaining relevant WORKEX....and Kill all the exams that come your way next year...

No one can change our X and XII scores or Grad Profiles....what we can do is keep on hitting the exams and scoring as high as possible......let's stick to our dreams.......let's not give up easily........and if you have any calls...go and convert them and then decide..........

I'm empathize with you all.......but rather look forward........and let's do what needs to be done......

CAT'08 : 98.97%ile(MDI convert)
CAT'10 : 98.96( with 95+ sectionals,85+ in X and XII,75%in engg,28 mnths wrkex....and No IIM calls.....even K comes up with a MOCKERY....just dismissing the veracity of CAT exams....55+%ile sectional,with 75%ile OA....at least 45K people eligible...and then...the sad part....a X/ XII topper goes away with the gold........)

Nice initiative..!
My profile and scores:-
QA- 89.09
VA-95.29
DI/LR- 98.23
OA-98.23

10th - 92.2(CBSE)
12th - 87 (CBSE)
Grads - 7.45/10
Wrk ex- 2 months as of now.
Applied to MDI , BUT didnt apply to NITIE..