PUYS need advice

hi , I am in a great fix, yesterday i gave my gmat and scored 700(48,3 :: .But i am very dissappointed ,i was expecting 750,at the end of my prep i was hitting 760 in gprep(with few repeats),and averaged 630 in kaplan.My accuracy too was gud 90%…

hi ,
I am in a great fix, yesterday i gave my gmat and scored 700(48,3.But i am very dissappointed ,i was expecting 750,at the end of my prep i was hitting 760 in gprep(with few repeats),and averaged 630 in kaplan.My accuracy too was gud 90% in both sc and rc.
But i just had a bad day i guess,during exam i was too stressed (cudnt sleep nicely for last 2 days due to some reasons),just cudnt concentrate ,4 hrs just flew by.I personally feel i am gud enough with most of the concepts(i have finished kap 800 with gud accuracy).Its just a matter of the day.I am palnning to retake my gmat within next week.I am aimimg for 750,is it advisable to retake gmat within such short time period, wat should i do differently this time .ANY ADVICE FROM GMAT GURUS.my profile
WORKEX 15 MNTHS,GUD ACADS AND EXTRACURRICULARS.

700 is not so bad, dude.. And yes, if you are so sure of getting 750, take it now, so that if they consider means of both scores, you van explain that the first one was due to illness or external factors beyond your control..

If you take a long enuf gap, they might not entertain ur reasons.

First of all congrats on your score! 😃
It's not bad at all.
but again no harm in getting better/ higher score... always better 😉

Now, YOU CANNOT retake the test even if you wish/want to. you'll have to wait for 30 days since the last time you appeared for GMAT.

I've seen many (successful) cases where ppl improved their 700~ score by 50-60 points. so yes It's feasible. (to be cont... )

welcome to the forums!

so It's feasible. but ask them and now they perhaps (most of them) regret their decision (of retaking it).
still we are always doubtful and our mind says ''why to take chances?''
so there you are. you gotta wait for a month. :)

look whos smiling.
Neo da MOD I'm back. but still on cell phone 😞 as you can see it 😉

First of all congrats on your score! 😃
higher score... always better 😉

Now, YOU CANNOT retake the test even if you wish/want to. you'll have to wait for 30 days since the last time you appeared for GMAT.

I've seen many (successful) cases where ppl improved their 700~ score by 50-60 points. so yes It's feasible. (to be cont... )

so there you are. you gotta wait for a month. :)

I agree to all the lines filtered and retained above :)
Chill out. i can understand the dejection but identify that one point of failure and keep options open either way....
there is much work to be done ahead - GMAT is only the first step

Cheers
700 is not so bad, dude.. And yes, if you are so sure of getting 750, take it now, so that if they consider means of both scores, you van explain that the first one was due to illness or external factors beyond your control..

If you take a long enuf gap, they might not entertain ur reasons.

Do not agree -

Nobody takes means of any scores.. they might check all scores but no one is known to take means..that rumor is more suited to GRE

nobody asks for reasons and nobody gives any... so that is not valid too.
and with a 700 score, you really don't have to give explanations to anybody anyway :)

Cheers

as for the multiple attempts, the univs clearly mention their policies. Most of them consider ur BEST score..so cheer up :)

our very own senpati stanford took the GMAT thrice. his journey was 640 -> 710 -> 790 i hope thats encouraging

ATB :thumbsup:

i think tht u cant take GMAT twice in the same calender month.

since u have already given GMAT in june , so u wont be able to reppear anytime before july.

but i personally feel tht 700 should be good enough as long as ur break up is fine(above 80%tiles) in both.

me too in the same boat dude.had the same feeling aftr my exam tht can could have scored much better but just a bad day for me it was...:(:(

u ll get away with this feeling very soon(as did I)

cheer up man!!!

hey guys,
I retook my gmat and guess what got 710 (48,39),pretty exact splits as before,score really bought a bemused smile on my face,thought im kind of genetically programmed to achieve these splits only :neutral:,well i alwys thought i cud get 750 but pressure does strange things ,messed up my quant ,got string of probabbility qns and tgh ones too,thought was doing gud in verbal nd will get 40+, but smhw cudn't.So in all my decision to retake test didn't payoff.I had stsrtd my apping process to few US colleges,bt got thru in SPJAIN (SINGAPORE),in INVESTMENT BANKING,and will be joining mst prbably,so bit satisified know.I guess my gmat score finally paid off somewhere.

Cheers,
ankit

"IF U DNT BELIEVE IN YOURSELF,HOW OTHER'S WILL"