Prospects of Shifting from one Bschool to another

Hi all I currently have an offer for MBA from one of the IIT s. However I already wrote GMAT and have got 730 /4.5 with 3 yrs work ex in IT , a post graduate diploma in financial advisory and plenty of other academic and non academic credenti…

Hi all

I currently have an offer for MBA from one of the IIT s. However I already wrote GMAT and have got 730 /4.5 with 3 yrs work ex in IT , a post graduate diploma in financial advisory and plenty of other academic and non academic credentials.

I do not really have the motovation to study for cat again unless its a real must.

I was contemplating joining IIT and shifting to other bschools through GMAT next year if i get an admit. But my concern here is

if i join an mba now in IIT, and if i apply to other colleges liek ISB, NTU will they reject my application on the basis that I have only three years work ex and I am already doin an MBA. ??? Will joining IIT deter my chances of admission to ISB/NTU etc,,?
Also if i continue to work I will ahve 4 yrs of work ex next year while joining other bschools , but what am worried is admission is not guaranteed for ISB/NTU at this stage, So if i dont get there and I dont join IIT now and dont write cat again, I might end up in a fix .

What should I do ??Please help with suggestions.:(:( I need to decide by asap

What should I do ??Please help with suggestions.:(:( I need to decide by asap

Anything above 710 is a good score. 730 is a great score.

NTU and ISB shouldn't have much difficult taking you in (I would be a little wary if i were to apply abroad because of the pure IT work-ex though) but lately one can see that diversity is coming into picture even in India and thus you should ideally make sure that people who see your applications see the diversity in you.

About, you already in a mba school...hmm, it wouldn't have been problematic if you were to apply to an I ndian b-school via cat but for gmat based international school, yes i think it may be a problem. You really will have a hard time justfying your move because unlike Indian schools. Foreign schools look into a lot of things including your foresight.

But I would feel really bad that a guy with 730 score didn't make it to a gmat school since you have the caliber and youwill let it go.

You can talk to both ntu graduates and isb graduates either from pg or from their homesite.

Please PM vc_pec in pagalguy for your isb query.

Best of luck.

Warning: Gmat noob here

By the way, you should have ideally posted this in an existing thread.

Anything above 710 is a good score. 730 is a great score.

NTU and ISB shouldn't have much difficult taking you in (I would be a little wary if i were to apply abroad because of the pure IT work-ex though) but lately one can see that diversity is coming into picture and thus you should ideally make sure that people who see your applications see the diversity in you.

About, you already in a mba school...hmm, it wouldn't have been problematic if you were to apply to an indian b-school via cat but for gmat school, yes i think it may be a problem. You really will have a hard time justfying your move.

But I would feel really bad that a guy with 730 score didn't make it to a school if its caliber if you let this go.

You can talk to both ntu graduates and isb graduates either from pg or from their homesite.

Please PM vc_pec in pagalguy for your isb query.

Best of luck.

Warning: Gmat noob here

By the way, you should have ideally posted this in an existing thread.

Thanks a lot for your reply:)