Profile Evaluation

Hello, Brief Profile: 10th- 89% 12th- 82% MBA(Tech) from NMIMS…it is a dual degree program (B.Tech in telecommunications + MBA in Operations) (2007-2012) APICS CPIM-BSCM Six Sigma Green Belt CAPM CCNA Working as a Glob…

Hello,

Brief Profile:
10th- 89%
12th- 82%
MBA(Tech) from NMIMS...it is a dual degree program (B.Tech in telecommunications + MBA in Operations) (2007-2012)

APICS CPIM-BSCM
Six Sigma Green Belt
CAPM
CCNA

Working as a Global Supply Chain Analyst with Alliance Tire Group Untitled Document since May'12.

4-month management internship experience with Tata Chemicals Ltd., with broad exposure in Supply Chain Optimization, Procurement, Quality Management and Automation.

5-months (3+2) internship with Reliance Communications and Syndrome Technologies in networking domain.

extra curricular activities include sports where i have captained my school and junior college team and played for Mumbai Cricket Association(Thane division) U-14 and U-16....Football where i have played for my college...Music (keyboard and harmonium)...also been part of organizing committee of college festival in lan gaming and food & beverages dept.

I wish to pursue one year masters in Supply Chain and Logistics from FT top 50 b-schools like sloans, london business school, rotterdam, cranfield etc. I still havent appeared for GMAT but i know i will require a score of 700+. So by next fall when admissions start, I will have a cumulative experience of 2 years approx (1.5 in supply chain)

I wish to know, considering my profile, am i eligible for these one year masters courses? or m I overqualified and should gain a bit more experience and then apply for MBA?

My Profile:

Xth: 88%(West Bengal Board)
XIIth: 77%(West Bengal Board)
B.E(hons) in Chemical Engg: 75.61%(8.01 CGPA)(JADAVPUR UNIVERSITY)
Working with HALDIA PETROCHEMICALS( Started in June)

What are my chances to get into a top 15 B-school?

My Profile:

Xth: 88%(West Bengal Board)
XIIth: 77%(West Bengal Board)
B.E(hons) in Chemical Engg: 75.61%(8.01 CGPA)(JADAVPUR UNIVERSITY)
Working with HALDIA PETROCHEMICALS( Started in June)

What are my chances to get into a top 15 B-school?

decent chance given that you score good in CAT or the exam you are targeting.
@rahulnandi said:
My Profile:Xth: 88%(West Bengal Board)XIIth: 77%(West Bengal Board)B.E(hons) in Chemical Engg: 75.61%(8.01 CGPA)(JADAVPUR UNIVERSITY)Working with HALDIA PETROCHEMICALS( Started in June)What are my chances to get into a top 15 B-school?
Hi Rahul,

It would help to understand your profile better, if you can highlight about your short/long term goals, GMAT score, total work experience and post-MBA goals. You can try your chances in b-schools by clicking http://bit.ly/13kJ1ZU

Kindly elaborate on these elements to evaluate your profile.

Best,
Maya

Xth : 85%
XIIth: 90.7%
B.tech(CSE) : 68.6%(2005-2009)

Been working in family business(petroleum outlet) as assistant manager .

Have Rural and Urban marketing in sales and petroleum lubricant distribution experience for 4 years approx.

Planning to diversify from petroleum to other fields in the forthcoming years.

Planning in Textile manufacturing support Industry currently and in Imports and exports in next 5 years.

Want to Join B school to broaden my mindset and make myself academically knowledgeable.

Goal: To see myself as a director of a multi-business firm in 10 years.

Planning to write GMAT aroung Jun-July (self prep) for the year 2014.

Which colleges accept my resume??

Can I apply to colleges like IIM's ,ISB for PGP??

Wat do i need to present in the interviews for my work exp?? Please Clarify

Hello,

Brief Profile:
10th- 72%
12th- 71%
B.E. Electronics - 62% in 2006
MBA(SCM) from SIIB- CGPA 2.4/4 (2009)

APICS CPIM-BSCM
Six Sigma Green Belt

2 ys exp in 3PL - DB Schenker
2 yrs exp in PSU in Pucrhase function

Was a member of Event organising comittes in college, played footbal for the team, avid quizzer.

I wish to pursue masters in Supply Chain/operation from top institutes.Am confdent or attaining score of 700-720.I wish to make a career and start working in US in SCM domain using my current experiance. Suitably advise if further studies wold help .

@rajesh12 said:
Hello,Brief Profile:10th- 72%12th- 71%B.E. Electronics - 62% in 2006MBA(SCM) from SIIB- CGPA 2.4/4 (2009)APICS CPIM-BSCMSix Sigma Green Belt2 ys exp in 3PL - DB Schenker 2 yrs exp in PSU in Pucrhase functionWas a member of Event organising comittes in college, played footbal for the team, avid quizzer.I wish to pursue masters in Supply Chain/operation from top institutes.Am confdent or attaining score of 700-720.I wish to make a career and start working in US in SCM domain using my current experiance. Suitably advise if further studies wold help .

Going by your experience and goals, following are some of the programs you can research on:
1) M.Log program at MIT Sloan school of business (US)
2) 2 year MBA program at MIT Sloan school of business (US)
3) 2 year MBA program at Ross School of Business (US)
4) Masters in SCM from Cranfield School of Management (UK)

@vishpt said:
ProfileXth : 85%XIIth: 90.7%B.tech(CSE) : 68.6%(2005-2009)Been working in family business(petroleum outlet) as assistant manager . Have Rural and Urban marketing in sales and petroleum lubricant distribution experience for 4 years approx. Planning to diversify from petroleum to other fields in the forthcoming years.Planning in Textile manufacturing support Industry currently and in Imports and exports in next 5 years.Want to Join B school to broaden my mindset and make myself academically knowledgeable.Goal: To see myself as a director of a multi-business firm in 10 years.

How does you need to do an MBA relate to your business goals. For e.g. Do you wish to learn how to approach business development in a structured manner, or do you wish to learn how financials are done? Specific goals make good applications.
@vishpt said:
Planning to write GMAT aroung Jun-July (self prep) for the year 2014.Which colleges accept my resume??Can I apply to colleges like IIM's ,ISB for PGP??

ISB PGP would be a good program for you. IIMs for their PGP will go via the CAT mode, so that is an entirely different path. IIM executive programs do take via GMAT but they require high work experience candidates in general.
@vishpt said:
Wat do i need to present in the interviews for my work exp?? Please Clarify
You need to put forward all the positive points in your work experience, your achievements, promotions, positive client feedback, revenue or cost targets met.

Hi this is rahul have around 3 years of experience in software domain working in startups and midlevel media firm.Is it mandatory for one to have experience from top notch firms for targetting mba abroad

@rahulinaction No it is never mandatory to have top notch firm experience if you have proven yourself on the following:
1) Leadership experience - Have you lead teams, have you take initiative and driven projects?
2) Team experience - How have you fared on team dynamics? Elucidate examples where you have exhibited exemplary team building skills.
3) Impact on Business metrics - Have you impacted key business metrics in these startup firms? Revenue, cost, recruitment? What have you worked on?

if you can bring out positive points in your profile in your essays, applications and subsequently in interview, you stand in good stead at any top-notch B-school in the world.