Profile Development

Hi Puys… :clap::clap: :: : :: : Be it MBA abroad or in India. Apart from having a decent score in the respective exams, its a well known fact that all B-schools across the country and globally as well seek in candidates a all round performanc…

Hi Puys....
:clap::clap::: Be it MBA abroad or in India. Apart from having a decent score in the respective exams, its a well known fact that all B-schools across the country and globally as well seek in candidates a all round performance. Something that makes one stand apart from the contestants for their prestigious institutes.

So it becomes vital for oneself to develop a profile which advertises oneself, i.e market oneself to be a potential contestant and sell himself, by which i mean get into the dream of college of his/her.

So with that in mind, I am starting this thread so that we puys can discuss and help ourselves, so as what can be done to improve ourselves in whatever way possible. For example, undergo any certification courses that will show his or her interest towards his area of interest and so on. What essentially a B-school expects in a candidate and how do we go about it. How effectively can we market our work experience, what kind of extra efforts do we need to put up at our work place so that it may be useful later during our Personal interviews.

For example. Being a acive meber in CSI/CSR(Corporate Social Responsibility) is very vital nowadays and according to me almost every Institue and Organisation look forward for Interset in such potential areas and how do we bring out such initiatives. what effort shud be put from our side to bring out a change in oursleves so that we can be a part of this. And what extra curricular activities do Insitutes expec from a candidate.

I look forward lot of enthusisatic puys posting in this thread. So that we can discuss and help ourselves.

Anything regarding the above mentioned stuffs can be discussed in this thread.

I also request moderators not to delete this thread, since i feel this thread is a new of its kind, though initially puys if they dont find it useful, i am pretty sure that they will find it handy.
One more stuff that i would like to mention is here that. the prime reason for starting this thread at this point of time is that, since almost all the MBA entrance exams are around the corner and puys for next year might be busy with their prep, i wanna make sure that, its not oly the scores that matter at the end, its also our profile thats gonna speak a lot about us. So its vital to be a all rounder to secureand ensure a seat in our dream college..

Looking forward active participation of all Puys.....:cheerio::cheerio:

:cheers::cheers:

Regards
Karthick VS

:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(Guys its very saddening that no one is interested in sharing their views in this regard.....

Pls share ur views....

No one has gone thrught this page yet??? How do i make ppl aware about this.. mods can some1 pls help me out...

How can I improve my chances at Harvard, stanford, MIT, Kellog?

I am in the final year of engineering in Information Technology at VJTI, Mumbai.
My average CGPA is 8 .
10th %:90%
12th %:87%
I have done good job in extra curricular activities in college and have done some social work. I was General Secretary of college festival and have headed sponsorship team for three festivals. I'm placed in Credit Suisse and plan to gain work experience for two years and then take GMAT. I am targeting Harvard, Stanford, MIT sloan, kellog, Wharton.
If I score in GMAT in the range of 720-750, what are my chances at the above B-schools?
How can i improve my chances further? What else, if added to my profile,would strengthen my candidature?
Please help....