[PrincetonReview] GMAT Quant Prep

We will be posting quantitative section questions for GMAT aspirants in this thread.

We will be posting quantitative section questions for GMAT aspirants in this thread.

If the two sides of a triangle are 3 and 7, which of the following cannot be the third side?

The shorter length of a parallelogram is 6 inches. If the longer side is twice the altitude, which has a length of 4 inches, what is the perimeter of the parallelogram?

The sides of a square are 4y + 2 and 2y + 8. What is the area of the square?

24 people can construct a house in 15 days. But the owner would like to finish the work in 12 days. How many more workers should he employ?

35 trucks are needed to transport the entire grain in a ware house at the rate of 8 cartons a truck. But the truck drivers objected saying it was too heavy and carried only 7 cartons a truck. How many more trucks are needed to transport the grain?

If Set Z = {5, 3, 1, -4, -2, 0, 1, 0, 2}, and set Y = {-5, -3, -1, 4, 2, 0, -1, 0, -2} which of the following is true?

I. Median of set Z > Median of set Y

II. Range set Z

III. Mean of set Y

Mean weight of a class of 200 students is 50 kg. The standard deviation is 10 kg. How many students weigh more than 70 kg?

The scores of the Matriculation exam for students of the Zogwarts School follow normal distribution. If 84% of the students scored less than 480, and the mean score of the students if 420, what score did the top 2 percent of the students get?

If the radius of the circle is 12 inches and the central angle is 60º, what is the area of the sector?

What is the length of the diagonal of a rectangular box with dimensions 5, 10 and 10?

A cylinder of volume 225 Pi cm is melted to form n number of smaller cylinders of height 5 cm and radius 3 cm. What is the value of n ?

Which of the following is the equation of the line parallel to the line 4x + 2y = 8?

HELP !!Please ans with the possible explanation !!

7x^2 = 28

Column A x

Column B 2

A. The quantity in Column A is greater

B. The quantity in Column B is greater

C. The two quantities are equal

D. The relationship cannot be determined from the information given

if the area of a triangle ABC is 30 and 2 sides AB & AC are 5 & 13. What is the third side?

And can we say its a right angled triangle

What about the factors of a perfect square?Are they odd or even in number?According to me,every perfect square has even no. of factors,like every another number but it has odd number of distinct factors.I am not sure whether this is correct or not?

Find a four digit no which is an exact square such that the first two digit and last two digit is same. The ans 7744 i.e square of 88. But how????plz explain this

If anyone have the soft copy of OG QUANT AND VERBAL REVIEW . Please mail it to : [email protected]

thanks

Any body having Error log excel file . Please mail it to me 

[email protected]