Prepare for VA

I wrote CAT 2010 and was satisfied with my score in Quants and DI (around 99%ile) in both. However, my VA was really bad (14%ile). I am not taking CAT seriously this year, but yes I want to prepare for CAT 2012. It would be great if I can ge…

I wrote CAT 2010 and was satisfied with my score in Quants and DI (around 99%ile) in both. However, my VA was really bad (14%ile).

I am not taking CAT seriously this year, but yes I want to prepare for CAT 2012. It would be great if I can get a few ideas on how to prepare for VA?

I have tried reading books like word power and all and hardly remember anything.

Don't know if you have seen this...but if you have not... http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/made-a-free-mobile-english-app-that-works-on-all-phoneswant-feedback-25067843

We made this tool keeping ppl like you in mind. Hope that you have something to gain from it!

go for systematic vocab building via norman lewis books....start with word power made easy and do its excercises.....it will surely help u remember more words...

I wrote CAT 2010 and was satisfied with my score in Quants and DI (around 99%ile) in both. However, my VA was really bad (14%ile).

I am not taking CAT seriously this year, but yes I want to prepare for CAT 2012. It would be great if I can get a few ideas on how to prepare for VA?

I have tried reading books like word power and all and hardly remember anything.

Make a habit of going through the Hindu editorials and economic times religiously on a daily basis.You will be surprised to feel the difference in a month or two. Along with that note down the words you are not able to comprehend and go through them also.This will enhance your vocab and reading skills and in addition will keep you abreast with the Current affairs.

PS: Scored 97.12 in Verbal section in CAT 2010 but did miserably in QA(only 62).Any tips on that as you have got more than 99.