Preparation Tips Wntd

Hi everyone, Am a fairly regular visitor to this site. If words don’t fail me, I’ve been wanting to take the GMAT for a long time now but due to lack of preparation, I’ve not been able to do so since the past two years. I took the GMAT once i…

Hi everyone,

Am a fairly regular visitor to this site. If words don't fail me, I've been wanting to take the GMAT for a long time now but due to lack of preparation, I've not been able to do so since the past two years. I took the GMAT once in 2007 however with a little over 3 weeks of prep, I scored a measly 620! I determined to re-take the test then however, have been chickening out since then on some a/c or the other.

Anyways, I have the following material for the GMAT however, am not too sure which ones to follow:
OG 10/11
Kaplan Premier 2007 & Kaplan 800
Manhattan SC 2005 and Manhattan CR 2009
Online tests - Powerprep, GMATprep, 800 Score tests, Kaplan CD, Princeton tests

I need assistance w/ the following:
1. I need someone to seriously guide me on the material/s I should follow.
2. Need someone to give me a simple and effective strategy to study for the next 6-7 weeks and take the test end of May'09.

I don't want to dilly-dally this test any later than end-May and fully intend to study and take it seriously in May. Hence, I want some experienced people to guide me here.

To tell you a little of myself, I'm in the corporate world for the past 7yrs now and am an engineer by qualification. I want to do my MBA to upskill myself desperately. Being a little low on self-esteem due to the past aborted attempts at taking the test, I'm managing myself on the brink of losing it yet another time. I seriously want some guidance on the points I've mentioned above.

Hope I'll hear from someone soon.

Thanks & Regards,
GV

Hi everyone,

Am a fairly regular visitor to this site. If words don't fail me, I've been wanting to take the GMAT for a long time now but due to lack of preparation, I've not been able to do so since the past two years. I took the GMAT once in 2007 however with a little over 3 weeks of prep, I scored a measly 620! I determined to re-take the test then however, have been chickening out since then on some a/c or the other.

Anyways, I have the following material for the GMAT however, am not too sure which ones to follow:
OG 10/11
Kaplan Premier 2007 & Kaplan 800
Manhattan SC 2005 and Manhattan CR 2009
Online tests - Powerprep, GMATprep, 800 Score tests, Kaplan CD, Princeton tests

I need assistance w/ the following:
1. I need someone to seriously guide me on the material/s I should follow.
2. Need someone to give me a simple and effective strategy to study for the next 6-7 weeks and take the test end of May'09.

I don't want to dilly-dally this test any later than end-May and fully intend to study and take it seriously in May. Hence, I want some experienced people to guide me here.

To tell you a little of myself, I'm in the corporate world for the past 7yrs now and am an engineer by qualification. I want to do my MBA to upskill myself desperately. Being a little low on self-esteem due to the past aborted attempts at taking the test, I'm managing myself on the brink of losing it yet another time. I seriously want some guidance on the points I've mentioned above.

Hope I'll hear from someone soon.

Thanks & Regards,
GV

Hey Gautam

I am also appearing for the GMAT this year June. Lets get down to the basics and decide what route to take so that we can beat the GMAT.

The materials you have are sufficient and if you follow them religiously you would have covered most grounds in terms of preparation. I also have some additional materials. We can share all, materials and start preparing seriously.

BTW where do you stay? Intent-if meeting is a possibility the we can meet and discuss strategies and roadmaps.