Preparation for CAT 2013 after 2012 debacle

With CAT 2012 results finally out some of us have been left disappointed. We had put in efforts but the results haven’t been upto our expectations. Anyway this is a time for introspection and moving on without wasting much time. And moving o…

With CAT 2012 results finally out some of us have been left disappointed. We had put in efforts but the results haven't been upto our expectations.

Anyway this is a time for introspection and moving on without wasting much time. And moving on for us would only mean aiming CAT 2013.

I intend this thread to be a place where fellow puys who have been left disappointed after CAT 2012 share their situations and seniors who have been through this phase offer their guidance over how to go on about preparing for CAT 2013 on the basis of whatever that went wrong.

As far as I go I am utterly disappointed as well with a mere 94.29 percentile. Though I take relief in the fact that this was my first attempt.

I have been preparing since January 2012 and had joined a coaching institute and CL's test series later. Now all my practice material has been consumed and the test series season will only begin around May, so I request the seniors to advise me over how to go on preparing for the next few months.

From where can I get the practice material of other coaching institutes?

CAT '08 90.xx

CAT '09 98.xx
CAT '10 92.xx
CAT '11 95.xx
CAT '12 76.xx

and fight is on
Hi Puys..Shattered by Cat 2012..it was first shot at competitive MBA world..need some help with my way forward..here is my profile..Xth- 84.4% and XIIth- 80.8% (Both CBSE) Graduation- B.E.- 75%(EnC), Working with Cogni for last 27 months..
This year results so far..
CAT- QA 92% VA 82% OA 89%(Screwed in VA was not expecting this), NMAT- 201(Single Attempt only), SNAP- Expecting about 90 Marks, XAT- Screwed DM, 9 attempts only ran out of time, IIFT- 36.41 Marks..
Looks like dream of making to top 25 is done and dusted for now..pls suggest on how can i boost up my prep for next year(Will be my last)..
I have time material, but its obsolete now a days, DI which is being asked now is not there to be seen atleast in prep material , suggestion guys,devastated on 9th jan 2013 wanna be ecstatic on 9th jan 2014..seniors help me pave out a way for that!!

my situation is - this was my third attempt -

got 85% only.....i am devastated...Quant has been my menace...got 79 only....plz tell us what approach needs to be taken....pata nahi koi is thread ko dekhega bhi ki nahi

screwed this year as well ...same % as previous year...85%......attended byju....maths has been my menace......plz suggest kya kare ab...nmat mein 211 hai....but phir bhi cat bell to karna hai ba kuch bhi ho jaye....koi agar is thread ko dekh raha hai to suggest

I just got 75%nle overall , just joined CL and haven't studied seriously ... Looking forward for CAT 2013 now .

@adityaknsit Need some help from you, though I have secured 80% in Quant but I havent even attempted a single Question of DI , seems like I am suffering from DI phobia , secondly my VA sucks ! What should I do for VA and DI ?

I might be the first one to post such a low score here.

OA-54
QA-73
VA-33
Nothing more to say as of nw. Hope to get better next time.
1.The average of 7 numbers is 25. The average of the first three of them is 20 while the average of last three is 28. What be the remaining number?

2. 1.if 1/a+1/a+1/a=12, then a=?
@kruti_kulkarni

1)31

2)1/4

they are so easy..why couldnt you do??

Another puy here who wants to redeeem everythin back in CAT 2013 😃

Cat 2011 - 89.22 ( QA+DI - 95.95 , VA+LR - 62.xx )

CAT 2012 - 65.xx ( QA - 45.xx , VALR - 78) { was better prepared this time , but I knew the moment i came out of the exam hall that i had screwed up Sec1 )

CAT 2013 - ??? :D

choose rite alternative
·STAGGER:WALK
·Lean: bend
·Slur: speech
·Fumble: miss
·Stumble: tumble

·BEE:HIVE
·Dog: mat
·Duck: pond
·Worm: grub
·Hornet: nest

odd man out-

·Sprite
·Fairy
·Goblin
·Neap

·Innocuous
·Brave
·Cunning
·Sharp

CAT 2012 has been the first ever failure in my life. I am shocked, disappointed and really very hurt. My profile-

X (ICSE)- 93.6
XII (ISC)- 96.25 (topper of my school; 2nd in state)
Graduation- B.Com- 77.67 (topper of St. Xavier's college, Kolkata)
CAT 2011- 90.95
CAT 2012- 63.59
I was much better prepared this year and my exam also went well. I really don't believe how I can get such a result when i was expecting definitely greater than 98 percentile. Now I can't decide what to do next. Should I join a company and get work experience or should I sit at home and start preparing afresh.
Please help.

CAT 2012 screwed me up...Never expected such a bad score with 4 month pf Prep...Last yr without even studying for hardly 10 days scored much better...
CAT 2012 - oa-56 qa-70 va-40
CAT 2011- oa-82 qa-89 va-66
English is proving to be a nightmare for me....
Plz help me out guys in VA section...

CAT 2012:
My first time and a chance at redemption or so i thought. Didn't prepare that well, lazy you might say and had done one BIG BLUNDER in QA section (A DI set of 3 questions that i had to do again taking double the amount of time) and it affected my VA too or so i think. expectations dropped down to about 80.
what i got.

QA:85.05
VA:93.46(my forte )
OA:91.76

10th:87(CBSE)
12th: 78(CBSE)

Grad:57 as of now with a year back
(bad days).In final year.

Now, there lies my biggest problem. With a year back in profile i doubt if 98 percentile would be better than the present 91.76 and that is my biggest quandary coz the good colleges would chuck me out with that profile and i would get only those college that i would get with my now percentile.

So, the eternal question. should i drop a year? Because in my case even if i get a good score(say 98 or a lil above) i am not sure if that will land me in any paradise.

Could someone enlighten me Please.
@rema0609 @nityanandsingh http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/cat-and-related-bschools/dropping-cat-justified-t-17842/p-571654/r-3464512
@nityanandsingh said:
CAT 2012:My first time and a chance at redemption or so i thought. Didn't prepare that well, lazy you might say and had done one BIG BLUNDER in QA section (A DI set of 3 questions that i had to do again taking double the amount of time) and it affected my VA too or so i think. expectations dropped down to about 80. what i got.QA:85.05VA:93.46(my forte )OA:91.7610th:87(CBSE)12th: 78(CBSE)Grad:57 as of now with a year back (bad days).In final year.Now, there lies my biggest problem. With a year back in profile i doubt if 98 percentile would be better than the present 91.76 and that is my biggest quandary coz the good colleges would chuck me out with that profile and i would get only those college that i would get with my now percentile. So, the eternal question. should i drop a year? Because in my case even if i get a good score(say 98 or a lil above) i am not sure if that will land me in any paradise.Could someone enlighten me Please.
Would have have suggested the same if the exam we are contemplating could be predicted with even half of the accuracy as that of the weather department. At your place I would have tried to secure a few converts first before taking the plunge.
@adityaknsit Dude do you only reply to those having "90's" in their profile ? Even I have asked something ... Why this Kolaveri ?
@KillWish said:
@adityaknsit Dude do you only reply to those having "90's" in their profile ? Even I have asked something ... Why this Kolaveri ?
Sorry mate if you felt so, but I directed them to a more appropriate thread....and as far as your queries go I can't comment as I too am an aspirant like you.....I hope some of the seniors peek into this thread one day and clarify at least some of the doubts....