Prep for MICA GE/PI for Feb 2006 begins here

ok… here’s from the guy who started that “other” thread. *On the other end of the phone: *Hello, welcome to MICA.If you know the extension dial now or else please stay online. *Him: *Hello, MICA office. *Me: *Hello, I’m calling from Hyd…

ok.. here's from the guy who started that "other" thread.

On the other end of the phone: Hello, welcome to MICA.If you know the extension dial now or else please stay online.
Him: Hello, MICA office.
Me: Hello, I'm calling from Hyderabad and i'd like to know my admission status
Him: Please hold on.

**Some classical music**

Him: Hello?
Me (eager and quite anxious): Yes? Hello?

**More classical music**

Other him: Your form number please?
Me: 0*****
Him: Mr. R******* ?
Me: Yes?
Him: Congratulations. You have been shortlisted for the interview. You are required to be at the IIM-B campus in B'Lore on 25th Feb!!!

Wooohooo!

Made it through Round One. Hearty congrats to others who have been shortlisted as well. So let's start the prep the coming 10 days. Pour in GD topics/ PI questions and other assorted stuff here.

... and yes! I suggest we use the boards and not yahoo conf 😉

hi seniors cud u please tell ur last yr micat n gd pi experiences..........

or give us a link to them.........

thanks a million

dude..the list is not even officially out. Dont be such an eager beaver.

hi people i am posting links for previous 2 years GE/PI/MICAT experiences
www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/2658-2004-mica-gd-pi-experience.html
www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/7121-mica-gd-pi-experience-2005-a.html
well atb to all call getters.

vahgar Says
dude..the list is not even officially out. Dont be such an eager beaver.

hey guys the link for the result is out on the website so all can clear their doubts. i cant do that coz i dont have my form no. so wil have to cal them tomorrow. got 92.56 in cat and above 80 in all sections. god bless me

Hi all,
I have my MICA interview on 24th Feb which coincides with my IRMA interview. does MICA change the interview dates? please throw some light on this.

Hi all,
I have my MICA interview on 24th Feb which coincides with my IRMA interview. does MICA change the interview dates? please throw some light on this.

Yes they will change the date .. you need to send them a mail stating the reason why u cant come .. also call them up once to be on the safe side
cheers

How did ya know the GD/PI is on the 24th...does it say so anywhere?

Deliciously_Rotten Says
How did ya know the GD/PI is on the 24th...does it say so anywhere?

I came to know when i called them up .. they told me over the phone .. mine is on 24th , Jamnalal Bajaj..
axterix Says
I came to know when i called them up .. they told me over the phone .. mine is on 24th , Jamnalal Bajaj..

dude wht was ur percentile
gaurav_kh1 Says
dude wht was ur percentile

95.5 %tile Gaurav...
no work ex
and decent extra - curriculars

well...ive got 2 books growing cobwebs among ither stuff that id better finish.. ;]
The origin of branding and Advertising and the mind of the consumer.
and then theresthe small matter of 3 incomplete simc assignments, which i hopei'll be able to complete 'IF' simc fixes another date for the gd and the pi...
hmmmmmmmmm

Yes they will change the date .. you need to send them a mail stating the reason why u cant come .. also call them up once to be on the safe side
cheers

thanks dude

Hi guys,
Please someone tell me what all we be after doing a MBA in MICA. Please tell me what all companies I can join if I study there. I am not very clear about it.

Regards,

Puys PLLLLLZZ post all mica related queries n comments and %tiles n callls on the same forum so dat we dont hav to go thru sooooo many to get the info
cheers

wht r the various dates available..mine is on march 5th..n i have tiss entrance tht day..can i get a date of my choice i mean i don want one on 24th..coz its 2 early n i ain't prepared...

Phew... just relieved to be a psrt of this thread... congrats everyone...

@ crackednut : dude... don't abscond like you did in the last thread... stay here for a while...!!!

to quote the call letter :
The MICAT is designed to test: a) Communication proficiency, b) Knowledge of Indian culture and society, and c) Creativity/ divergent thinking.

what on earth is "knowledge of indian culture and society" ?
Hell... i know zilch... i haven't even read the ramayana...!!! And add to that i don't know hindi....

someone tell me what to do... so i can take a 10-day crash course...!!!

Cracked nut... we're at the same day @ bangy... kewl...

ChUcK

guys, i suggest that lets carry on our tradition of product taglines over from the MICA thread, also anybody who was there the last time or any info abt MICATs for the last 2 -3 years should be posted here, i guess the patters changed a lot since last year

btw congrats everyone on the call

lets make sure we rock da place

also, sm movie taglines i posted in the previoius thread but which apparently got lostbetween all the rpoduct discussions...
as a diversion, something on the lines of th drew carey show, lets award pts(completely randomly because the points dont matter)

In space, Noone can hear you scream

Evrything that has a begginning has an end

Time destroys everything( and 1000 pts to anyone who can talk about something wierd in the movie)

Phew... just relieved to be a psrt of this thread... congrats everyone...

@ crackednut : dude... don't abscond like you did in the last thread... stay here for a while...!!!

to quote the call letter :
The MICAT is designed to test: a) Communication proficiency, b) Knowledge of Indian culture and society, and c) Creativity/ divergent thinking.

what on earth is "knowledge of indian culture and society" ?
Hell... i know zilch... i haven't even read the ramayana...!!! And add to that i don't know hindi....

someone tell me what to do... so i can take a 10-day crash course...!!!

Cracked nut... we're at the same day @ bangy... kewl...

ChUcK

Hello Sir,

Where's the call letter? Or its link? Be kind enuf to post it here. All I know is that My form no's ****, My name's Harshal, I'm from Mumbai, and that I've been selected. Hell, i already know the first three things, thanks for telling me the 4th, but where is the rest of the data? By calling them I got to know that my session's on the 24th, JBIMS, Mumbai (@axterix we're on the same day, hope to get same time slot...)

Damn... too tight a schedule.
24th MICA (Mumbai)
25th SIMC (Pune)
26th SIMC Day 2??? (Pune) and MH-CET (22 km from Pune!!)
27th SIBM Fees etc. process (Pune, again...)

This last weekend of Feb will be tighter than the first weekend, as you may have read.

In space, Noone can hear you scream

Evrything that has a begginning has an end

Time destroys everything

1. Alien??
2. Dunno which
3. Hitch Hiker's / Back to the future?

Regards,
Grondmaster