pre-grad experience!!!

Hi people, Could anyone please put some light on pre-grad wrok experience. I have a over 2 years of pre-grad management experience in a top MNC (along with the required post grad experience) (my pre-grad experience is neither entrepreneu…

Hi people,

Could anyone please put some light on pre-grad wrok experience.

I have a over 2 years of pre-grad management experience in a top MNC (along with the required post grad experience) (my pre-grad experience is neither entrepreneurial or have i worked in a family business or anything of that sort). I want to exploit my pre-grad experience in the application. I do have an idea about how I will go about doing that but I am still looking for inputs, views and gyan. How do you think the ivy league universities along with ISB and Oxford consider such experience in its selection process. Yes, I know an easier way to fnd out is to write to the university but I will never get views and gyan from there... only procedure!!!

Would I have some sort of an edge? Anyone with pre-grad experience here... how did you tackle such a situation or how do you plan to tackle it?
Eagerly looking forward to hearing from you

Cheers!!!

did you get an answer mate... if so please post.
did you form an opinion if so ... please post.
H.

Hi people,

I have a over 2 years of pre-grad management experience in a top MNC (along with the required post grad experience) (my pre-grad experience is neither entrepreneurial or have i worked in a family business or anything of that sort). I want to exploit my pre-grad experience in the application. I do have an idea about how I will go about doing that but I am still looking for inputs, views and gyan. How do you think the ivy league universities along with ISB and Oxford consider such experience in its selection process. Yes, I know an easier way to fnd out is to write to the university but I will never get views and gyan from there... only procedure!!!

Would I have some sort of an edge? Anyone with pre-grad experience here... how did you tackle such a situation or how do you plan to tackle it?

Cheers!!!

Hi ,
I do have the same profile as yours BCA+MCA (not from reputed college + good acads
+ no extrcurr), 3 yrs of IT from TOP indian IT company ( ERP+ diff natinaol andint locations + doing cet on proj mgt) , joined with one of indian NGO group ( small ne started by some of like minded people my contribution is mostly monetarly), no real extra curr or clubs or NGO exp.
And wanted to get into Cambridge , oxford league colleges.
I request some interesting and useful perspective of all people who can give some
real good insight on how i can (people somwhat similar bkground) expoit my limited
achievements and present it as strong case with these big league colleges.
As getting some good extra curr + NGO exp in suc short san of time is not possible and doing this just to get admission in B schools is not ethical.
Need your useful comments on this

cheers
im

Hey Himanshu are you in with a pre-grad work ex ... i think not and feel your question would be better answered elsehere.

I am in the final year of BA - Economics (from IGNOU).
I also have 3.5 years (2 years in Blue collar Textile Ind. + 1.5 years in White collar Telecom ind.-there my assitant was an MBA !!!! ) full-time paid pre-grad exp.
But sadly .... it doesn't get the weightage.
However one can always quote in during the interview and try to get some points.

hi,
yes,i am 2005 fresher engg. in computer sc. ,i have 2 years experience in marketing and event management in a cnsultancy and i have organized many national shows and events including many celibrities,will it count

Hi people,

Cheers!!!

You need to give more info wat ur pregrad workex was like before anyone can comment how best you can exploit it. If you've learnt a lot during those yrs it would b worth mentioning in ur app. Dont think it doesnt count. It does. N more so in the Indian context as most Indian dont work before grad. So they might also be interested in knowing why you chose that path. So look back and see how much you learnt during that period. If you think its significant, talk about it. Even tho' that work-ex might not be entreprenural, your efforts might have been. Just the fact that you took the iniatiative can show entreprenural and leadership skills. Again depends on how you put it.

Writing to schools wont help you in this case. They will say its up to you. No univ will ask you not to talk abt it. At best they can say that they need 2 yrs post-grad work ex. They cant stop you from telling your story.

HTH,
Uday