PPL Waitlisted in IIML and not planning to join

Hi all…I am starting this thread for all those who have been waitlisted in IIML but not plannig to join it …this way we can have an idea till what waitlist rank we can hope to get through…me waitlisted-132…If it gets cleared I ll be joing it ::

Hi all..I am starting this thread for all those who have been waitlisted in IIML but not plannig to join it ..this way we can have an idea till what waitlist rank we can hope to get through..me waitlisted-132..If it gets cleared I ll be joing it

Lets do a realistic analysis.....In the first list....say they gave 300 calls
In the second list ....another 125 calls(weird guess as very few ppl got thru in second list)
So, a wl-100 is in real sense a rank of 525 for a total of say 250 seats...
Assuming a attrition rate of atleast 40%, u have to be in the top 450-500 to get thru...
So, effectively wl upto a max of 75 will be cleared and the rest all, NO CHANCES.....

Sanjeev, why cant u put a poll for ppl in the wl whether they will join or not...

In the second list ....another 125 calls(weird guess as very few ppl got thru in second list)
Assuming a attrition rate of atleast 40%, u have to be in the top 450-500 to get thru...
So, effectively wl upto a max of 75 will be cleared and the rest all, NO CHANCES.....

Sanjeev, why cant u put a poll for ppl in the wl whether they will join or not...

Hey Subbu first of all I m SANJAY.. ..but that's okie..yes you ar eright I will put a poll for this..

me got waitlist 141

i know it that i have no chance at it but still happy that i got somewhere in that list

I am surely gonna join MDI

parry

is this some sort of a joke????????//

me got waitlist 141

i know it that i have no chance at it but still happy that i got somewhere in that list

I am surely gonna join MDI

parry

is this some sort of a joke????????//

Hey Parry the thing is I know atleat 4 ppl who have final calls from IIMCAL in PGDCM/PGDM and they are waitlisted here in IIML and they ar enot going to join it..further there will pply who will be going for I,K, MDI, Nittie and other B-schools rather waiting for their waitlist to get cleared so we can hope..hope and hope..

i dont think that we will say no, only those who have got into ABC will say no and that too if all of them got selected at ABC and got waitlisted in L

what a fantasy is that????????

i will surely join desp[ite no hope of even seeing Lucknow in dreams.

parry

i got into MDI but surely i am gonna leave 75000 that i will have deposited by then to come to lucknow even if some disaster happens to ppl who are ahead of me (although i dont wish for that). pl cant leave ABC but i dont think any body will hook onto I K or NITIE if he gets a call(final)

parry

i wonder -this was my worst performance inany interview and they let me some Congrats message but other ppl have outrightly rejected me, that is weird

and hope is the thing that i checked teh waitlist otherwise i knew there is no chance of L, C could have happened but not L

sanjay29j Says
Hey Parry the thing is I know atleat 4 ppl who have final calls from IIMCAL in PGDCM/PGDM and they are waitlisted here in IIML and they ar enot going to join it..further there will pply who will be going for I,K, MDI, Nittie and other B-schools rather waiting for their waitlist to get cleared so we can hope..hope and hope..

A message to those who have no other conversion from iims except IIML
please consider the following factors ( for the uninitiated there is such a breed that exists :wow: i know a guy who got into L and left it, last yr again he got into L and joined it!)
1) whats the guarentee that you will bell the cat next year also?
2) even if u do, whats the guarentee that you will get a better placement than that at L
i mean u have to be really sure of yourself and gauge the level of competition u r going to face giving cat next year and then in placements subsequently!

as far as waitlist conversion is concerned:
last yr out of 700->300(*rough estimates of my own) joined that means 42.8%
this yr i guess the no of students admitted will be 250(*again my personal estimate)
out of 500 calls ->214 join
so another 36/0.428=84 wait list calls get converted assuming same conversion ratio.

i have no false hopes,

but i feel that the conversion rate is low, ppl have paid huge fees at lower instt and those ppl might not want to just loose that money and keep on carrying the course (i knew of one couple of years back ) (that guy joined IIFT and in the end got WL cleared but dint go to L

i feel that WL can be cleared till 100 or even 110

parry

just a premonition

first of all its difficult to understand why a person getting a call from L wont join considering:
1) whats the guarentee that he will bell the cat next year also?
2) even if u do, whats the guarentee that he will get a better placement than that at L
i mean u have to be really sure of yourself and gauge the level of competition u r going to face giving cat next year and then in placements subsequently!

as far as waitlist conversion is concerned:
last yr out of 700->300(*rough estimates of my own) joined that means 42.8%
this yr i guess the no of students admitted will be 250(*again my personal estimate)
out of 500 calls ->214 join
so another 36/0.428=84 wait list calls get converted assuming same conversion ratio.

surely u have a point, but my advice to anyone doing such a thing is to study in the best place u can a few thousands can easily be made up at the time of placements. Plus from my personal experience i say that institutes return the money even after the last date, u just have to make calls and push for it.
Last yr i had deposited 87000 odd rupees at a reputed intitute at pune but was able to recover all but 25000 even after the last date . So dont just give up this easily on yr money.

thats a good way. i will us it if i have any hope in sight

parry

surely u have a point, but my advice to anyone doing such a thing is to study in the best place u can a few thousands can easily be made up at the time of placements. Plus from my personal experience i say that institutes return the money even after the last date, u just have to make calls and push for it.
Last yr i had deposited 87000 odd rupees at a reputed intitute at pune but was able to recover all but 25000 even after the last date . So dont just give up this easily on yr money.
thats a good way. i will us it if i have any hope in sight

parry

I think PPL are not responding to this thread much so I request all of us who have posted here to ask others to post their stauts along with their waitlist rank..on this thread..

Cheers

sanjay i know you are eager to know the status. but the thing is that the result is out just know. let the fire spread to every corner of teh forest and then we will get all the stats, dont keep a lot of hopes though

parry

I think PPL are not responding to this thread much so I request all of us who have posted here to ask others to post their stauts along with their waitlist rank..on this thread..

Cheers

sanjay i know you are eager to know the status. but the thing is that the result is out just know. let the fire spread to every corner of teh forest and then we will get all the stats, dont keep a lot of hopes though

parry

Cheers

parry

Hey Parry no need to post twice i got ur point in ur first posting....hey dont mind just kiiding ..though no hopes but just curosity and yes one thing is that I love IIML (becoz that is the only IIM which has congratulated me for atleast something(Congratulations!! you are in the waitlist for IIML) ..
cheers..

I think they have given this consolation prize to everyone who has attended the interview
Is there any person who did not get any wtng list no.????
As for me, me gng to NITIE and rock mumbai

I hope there are many people in the second list who also have final offers from other IIMs. Only then will the wailist start clearing.

Btw any idea about WL last year?

I think they have given this consolation prize to everyone who has attended the interview
Is there any person who did not get any wtng list no.????
As for me, me gng to NITIE and rock mumbai

That may be the case..but I have an idea to improve our analysis should we ask ppl from threads like IIMA PGP Class, IIMBPGP Class, IIMCPGDM/PGDCM Class of this year to post on this thread if anyone of them have got waitlisted and not the final calls..what say junta please advise me..

I think it is pertinent to ask ppl who are in the 2nd list but are not joining. This ought to be included in the poll.